LL Season 91

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, econgator, dhkendall, trainman

User avatar
cmp146
Jeopardy! Contestant
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:31 pm

Re: LL Season 91

Post by cmp146 »

alietr wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:37 pm
cmp146 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:58 pm
alietr wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:58 am First demotion in 27 seasons. My QPCT was among my highest, but it was bad defense and just plain being unlucky. Ah well.
You were also a victim of superior point assignments from your opponents. We had similar performances with same total correct answers, but I got far more 3 points than you did. I am sure we will be seeing you back in A Magnolia in LL 93.
Interesting point. Same TCA, but you had 174 TMP against my 155. Not a statistic I usually look at, but your OE was .479, which led the rundle. Mine was .219, which was next to the bottom. And my NUfP was a whopping -10. Swapping two defensive assignments yesterday would have kept me from relegation.
Rob was also commenting on how flat the A Magnolia standings were this time around. I am sure my one forfeit win was also quite important with the difference in our results. I must admit that I tended to enjoy walloping people in B when I got relegated. Much more fun to win more than half the time!
User avatar
econgator
Let's Go Mets!
Posts: 9914
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

Re: LL Season 91

Post by econgator »

Well, I managed my one goal for this season: DE over .725 (I managed .756). Everything else pretty much sucked, but somehow I managed to finish on the right side of the relegation line.
User avatar
bluejaylink
Loyal Jeopardista
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:23 am

Re: LL Season 91

Post by bluejaylink »

So the person who got the most correct answers this season suddenly has an inactive account.

Cheating scandal?
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM
Posts: 1036
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: LL Season 91

Post by MattKnowles »

bluejaylink wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:25 pm So the person who got the most correct answers this season suddenly has an inactive account.

Cheating scandal?
How do you check who has the most correct answers? I guess I could go through each rundle individually. I'm not going to do that.

My record high TCA (108 this season) is almost double my record low TCA (56 in season 81, 2.5 years ago). Is there a way to check most improved player over time? I probably don't have the record but I'm way higher than others I've checked. I'm guessing forfeitful seasons would mess that up but I'm curious.
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
User avatar
econgator
Let's Go Mets!
Posts: 9914
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

Re: LL Season 91

Post by econgator »

MattKnowles wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:34 pm How do you check who has the most correct answers? I guess I could go through each rundle individually. I'm not going to do that.
Go to LL 91 Standings and then download the csv file.
User avatar
bluejaylink
Loyal Jeopardista
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:23 am

Re: LL Season 91

Post by bluejaylink »

MattKnowles wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:34 pm
bluejaylink wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:25 pm So the person who got the most correct answers this season suddenly has an inactive account.

Cheating scandal?
How do you check who has the most correct answers? I guess I could go through each rundle individually. I'm not going to do that.

My record high TCA (108 this season) is almost double my record low TCA (56 in season 81, 2.5 years ago). Is there a way to check most improved player over time? I probably don't have the record but I'm way higher than others I've checked. I'm guessing forfeitful seasons would mess that up but I'm curious.
LL91 Standings on the sidebar

Scroll to the very bottom of the page and click All Rundles

Well, it shows Total Match Points not Total Correct Answers. But they are very similar metrics.
User avatar
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 4582
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: LL Season 91

Post by Woof »

econgator wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:40 pm
MattKnowles wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:34 pm How do you check who has the most correct answers? I guess I could go through each rundle individually. I'm not going to do that.
Go to LL 91 Standings and then download the csv file.
Or just look at LL 91 standings across all Rundles. I don’t know what’s going on with that player, but cheating is certainly the most likely explanation.

For my part, this was an anomalously good years offensively coupled with one of my weaker defensive performances.
User avatar
MinnesotaMyron
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 2450
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: LL Season 91

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

Woof wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:48 pm
econgator wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:40 pm
MattKnowles wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:34 pm How do you check who has the most correct answers? I guess I could go through each rundle individually. I'm not going to do that.
Go to LL 91 Standings and then download the csv file.
Or just look at LL 91 standings across all Rundles. I don’t know what’s going on with that player, but cheating is certainly the most likely explanation.
There is/was a lot going on there, but that player also nearly took down the High Roller single-handedly on The Chase a couple of months ago. Coupled with a decidedly easier season, it would be unwise to say "certainly" about anything.
User avatar
econgator
Let's Go Mets!
Posts: 9914
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

Re: LL Season 91

Post by econgator »

Woof wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:48 pm
econgator wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:40 pm
MattKnowles wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:34 pm How do you check who has the most correct answers? I guess I could go through each rundle individually. I'm not going to do that.
Go to LL 91 Standings and then download the csv file.
Or just look at LL 91 standings across all Rundles.
I just see the Award leaders when I do that.
User avatar
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 4582
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: LL Season 91

Post by Woof »

econgator wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:30 pm
Woof wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:48 pm
econgator wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:40 pm
MattKnowles wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:34 pm How do you check who has the most correct answers? I guess I could go through each rundle individually. I'm not going to do that.
Go to LL 91 Standings and then download the csv file.
Or just look at LL 91 standings across all Rundles.
I just see the Award leaders when I do that.
Maso leaders are usually your TCA leaders
bomtr
Just a Man Like Any Other
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: LL Season 91

Post by bomtr »

Woof wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:11 am
econgator wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:30 pm
Woof wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:48 pm
econgator wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:40 pm
MattKnowles wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:34 pm How do you check who has the most correct answers? I guess I could go through each rundle individually. I'm not going to do that.
Go to LL 91 Standings and then download the csv file.
Or just look at LL 91 standings across all Rundles.
I just see the Award leaders when I do that.
Maso leaders are usually your TCA leaders
Not always, though, eh, woof?
User avatar
alietr
Site Admin
Posts: 7968
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: LL Season 91

Post by alietr »

Does it show you as inactive if you say you're not coming back the next season?
ouachiouat
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:32 am

Re: LL Season 91

Post by ouachiouat »

alietr wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:05 am Does it show you as inactive if you say you're not coming back the next season?
I know I've taken a season off twice due to various reasons, and I never was shown as inactive--but both times I was paid up and said I wouldn't play for 1 season but would return. If you haven't paid and take a season off, then maybe. Not sure on that situation.
User avatar
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 4582
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: LL Season 91

Post by Woof »

bomtr wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:49 am
Woof wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:11 am
econgator wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:30 pm
Woof wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:48 pm
econgator wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:40 pm

Go to LL 91 Standings and then download the csv file.
Or just look at LL 91 standings across all Rundles.
I just see the Award leaders when I do that.
Maso leaders are usually your TCA leaders
Not always, though, eh, woof?
Touché!
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes
Posts: 11339
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: LL Season 91

Post by Bamaman »

What rundle was this person in?

LL rules say if you qualify for the championship, you are required to play.
mahatma
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 754
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:52 pm

Re: LL Season 91

Post by mahatma »

Bamaman wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:41 am What rundle was this person in?

LL rules say if you qualify for the championship, you are required to play.
They could go inactive for a season or two and just come back for the live Championship, though, yes?
User avatar
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month
Posts: 1962
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:23 pm
Location: Marana, AZ
Contact:

Re: LL Season 91

Post by RandyG »

ouachiouat wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:24 am
alietr wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:05 am Does it show you as inactive if you say you're not coming back the next season?
I know I've taken a season off twice due to various reasons, and I never was shown as inactive--but both times I was paid up and said I wouldn't play for 1 season but would return. If you haven't paid and take a season off, then maybe. Not sure on that situation.
Past the payment due date will render players inactive. It has nothing to do with whether they take a season off or plan to, either while still paid up.

In this case, the player in question may have had the membership lapse during the season and automatically went inactive when the season ended.
User avatar
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 5911
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:35 am
Location: Seattle

Re: LL Season 91

Post by This Is Kirk! »

RandyG wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:48 am
ouachiouat wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:24 am
alietr wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:05 am Does it show you as inactive if you say you're not coming back the next season?
I know I've taken a season off twice due to various reasons, and I never was shown as inactive--but both times I was paid up and said I wouldn't play for 1 season but would return. If you haven't paid and take a season off, then maybe. Not sure on that situation.
Past the payment due date will render players inactive. It has nothing to do with whether they take a season off or plan to, either while still paid up.

In this case, the player in question may have had the membership lapse during the season and automatically went inactive when the season ended.
Aren't you required to be paid up before the new season starts if your membership expires during that season?
User avatar
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month
Posts: 1962
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:23 pm
Location: Marana, AZ
Contact:

Re: LL Season 91

Post by RandyG »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:43 am
RandyG wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:48 am
ouachiouat wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:24 am
alietr wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:05 am Does it show you as inactive if you say you're not coming back the next season?
I know I've taken a season off twice due to various reasons, and I never was shown as inactive--but both times I was paid up and said I wouldn't play for 1 season but would return. If you haven't paid and take a season off, then maybe. Not sure on that situation.
Past the payment due date will render players inactive. It has nothing to do with whether they take a season off or plan to, either while still paid up.

In this case, the player in question may have had the membership lapse during the season and automatically went inactive when the season ended.
Aren't you required to be paid up before the new season starts if your membership expires during that season?
Don't know the answer to that. Thorsten may allow a grace period, given that a season is only a few weeks long, and certainly the player would be given notices to re-up once the membership lapsed. Seems like a pretty big coincidence that the player went inactive as soon as the season ended. If something nefarious was judged, then the player would have been terminated and the standings adjusted immediately. I think a few years ago I was in a rundle where a player was terminated mid-season and the standings were adjusted.

ETA: LL73. I knew how to find it because that season I had my highest CAA, even with my match against the player invalidated. https://learnedleague.com/standings.php?73&A_Prairie

And that was the only thing that kept me out of last place in the rundle that season. 😝
User avatar
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 5911
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:35 am
Location: Seattle

Re: LL Season 91

Post by This Is Kirk! »

RandyG wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:00 pm
This Is Kirk! wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:43 am Aren't you required to be paid up before the new season starts if your membership expires during that season?
Don't know the answer to that. Thorsten may allow a grace period, given that a season is only a few weeks long, and certainly the player would be given notices to re-up once the membership lapsed. Seems like a pretty big coincidence that the player went inactive as soon as the season ended. If something nefarious was judged, then the player would have been terminated and the standings adjusted immediately. I think a few years ago I was in a rundle where a player was terminated mid-season and the standings were adjusted.
Yeah, I agree. Your explanation certainly seems to make the most sense. I'm confident you can't begin a new season without being paid up, but not sure about what happens if your membership lapses mid-season.
Post Reply