New old games in the J! Archive

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Ivoryface86
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: New old games in the J-Archive

Post by Ivoryface86 »

Where's Daniel(kingskip) where we need him. Checking the RuTube account and all his videos are gone. Is Sony greedy about the claim? A claim and the copyright strike are different. I hope he can come here and hope he can re-post everything he had to another video sharing site, so that Sony can leave them alone.
kingskip
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kingskip »

I just discovered last night all my videos were gone on Rutube. I never got a message I just clicked a link to one from google and translated the text and it said it was removed due to violation of terms of service. At this point I really don't have time to go through my entire collection and upload them all again so I have decided to discontinue uploading shows. It's just not worth the trouble. Sorry.
Ivoryface86

Post by Ivoryface86 »

kingskip wrote:I just discovered last night all my videos were gone on Rutube. I never got a message I just clicked a link to one from google and translated the text and it said it was removed due to violation of terms of service. At this point I really don't have time to go through my entire collection and upload them all again so I have decided to discontinue uploading shows. It's just not worth the trouble. Sorry.
Sorry to hear that. What is the violation of terms of service Daniel?
MDaunt
Weighed in the balance and found wanting

Post by MDaunt »

Bamaman wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote:I found Michael Daunt #2 from December 1995 for today's entry: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=4232

It is NOT a 4th podium game. The players were not quite perfect although they should have gone 60/60.

Check out the streaks of clues correct Michael had in the game.

David would wish every category like World Facts had both a flag and anthem clue for starters.

In the interviews Alex talked with Michael about having won about $6400 in his first game and with the exchange rate it would be over $8,000.

And for those who watched the Kevin Bacon show this season, don't worry, Joe Carroll did not look like a killer who would have "The Following."
The following comment relates to the new game aired today, Thursday, June 27, 2013. DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE WATCHED THE GAME OR ELSE YOU WILL BE SERIOUSLY SPOILED.
Spoiler
The final clue DD is identical to the one at the end of today's game. Too bad you didn't get it archived in time to help Gabe.

Two bad bets by Joe in this game. Not betting $1,750 on the DD and then betting more than $3,999 on FJ. Forgoing a shot at a lock/tie wound up not mattering as he missed FJ. But he allowed Michael to win on a TS and let Deedle back in the game. A better FJ bet and Michael is not a five time champ, a TOC finalist, a world champion and a UTOC player.

Ah, the fickle finger of fate.
Ain't that the truth!

Also, in my first game the leader (a Brit) missed FJ on a piece of pure Americana, or I would be pretending I'd never heard of Jeopardy.
kingskip
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kingskip »

Ivoryface86 wrote:
kingskip wrote:I just discovered last night all my videos were gone on Rutube. I never got a message I just clicked a link to one from google and translated the text and it said it was removed due to violation of terms of service. At this point I really don't have time to go through my entire collection and upload them all again so I have decided to discontinue uploading shows. It's just not worth the trouble. Sorry.
Sorry to hear that. What is the violation of terms of service Daniel?
I have no idea.
Ivoryface86

Post by Ivoryface86 »

Well Daniel, I hope you have an external hard drive or 2 for your growing collection. Now, don't give up on uploading episodes whenever you like to start over on uploading because I'm just hoping you continue to tape trade. BTW, Greg Diener has a new trading page in a new website in case you don't know the name of the new site, namely tvboyzcomm, so it should be the same person who you traded with once or the same person who gave you the 2 Finals episodes of the 1995 ToC and the OB recording of the April 30, 1998 Celebrity Invitational episode.
Ivoryface86

Post by Ivoryface86 »

Now, for episodes from December 14, 2001 to April 29, 2002, everything is incomplete, and the April 30, 2002 episode forgot to include what the runner-up trips were. MarkBarrett, I hope you can guide through these episodes because a lot of the games are unfinished and include the runner-up trips for those episode if you will.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Don't forget to mention what the logo did when coming back from commercial for the Double Jeopardy round!
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

seaborgium wrote:Don't forget to mention what the logo did when coming back from commercial for the Double Jeopardy round!
Exploded and got all over the carpet in front of my TV. :(
legendneverdies

Post by legendneverdies »

Millioncolorsoflight AKA Seth Thrasher has uploaded an unarchived game from season 7 in 1991, from March 1991 according to the blog of contestant Ken Debusk, date unknown. THough it's taped from a later rerun, perhaps a Saturday night rerun, as there is at least one commercial in the video which would date from several months later given the dates seen in it. The archive does have Marc Goldberg game five from Wed 3/20, so his game one would have been Thu 3/14, and Dan Avila's first game was on Fri 3/29 and he presumably came right after a five time champ who would been on from 3/22-3/28, as per the archive. The champion in Seth's video was a 2xer not archived, and Ken Debusk wasn't in a TofC. Ergo, if this is indeed from March, it most likely originally aired between MOn 3/4-THu 3/7 or MOn 3/11, as Alex says the winner will be back tomorrow.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

legendneverdies wrote:Millioncolorsoflight AKA Seth Thrasher has uploaded an unarchived game from season 7 in 1991, from March 1991 according to the blog of contestant Ken Debusk, date unknown. THough it's taped from a later rerun, perhaps a Saturday night rerun, as there is at least one commercial in the video which would date from several months later given the dates seen in it. The archive does have Marc Goldberg game five from Wed 3/20, so his game one would have been Thu 3/14, and Dan Avila's first game was on Fri 3/29 and he presumably came right after a five time champ who would been on from 3/22-3/28, as per the archive. The champion in Seth's video was a 2xer not archived, and Ken Debusk wasn't in a TofC. Ergo, if this is indeed from March, it most likely originally aired between MOn 3/4-THu 3/7 or MOn 3/11, as Alex says the winner will be back tomorrow.
The game can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKEvmuZ27SY

The game aired on May 22, 1991

Ken's story is here: http://www.kdebusk.com/jeopardy/jeopardy.html
SethAllen623
Contributor

Post by SethAllen623 »

All right guys, the show now has episodes from the 2000s on Crackle. These are:
* 2001 College Championship QF Game 1
* Russ Schumacher game 2
* Ken Jennings game 73
* Maria Wenglinsky game 1
* Tom Kavanaugh game 8
* Michael Falk game 3
* Celeste DiNucci game 2
* Dan Pawson game 3
* Larissa Kelly game 1
* Vijay Balse game 4
* Roger Craig game 4
* Tom Nissley game 1
* Stephanie Jass game 4
* Keith Whitener game 5
* 2012-B Teachers Tournament finale

All of the above games are complete in the Archive except for the 2001 College Championship QF-1 game, which does not even have its game transcribed in the Archive. Could somebody please transcribe that particular game if you can? Here's the link: http://www.crackle.com/c/jeopardy-flash ... 67%26fx%3D
ChemTeacher
J! Teachers Tournament 2012-B

Post by ChemTeacher »

SethAllen623 wrote: All of the above games are complete in the Archive except for the 2001 College Championship QF-1 game, which does not even have its game transcribed in the Archive. Could somebody please transcribe that particular game if you can?
I have just finished putting it in.
Ivoryface86

Post by Ivoryface86 »

Also, in addition, the following games that need to be transcribed soon: September 24-28, 2001 Kids Week, the rest of the 2001 College Championship, the rest of the December 17-21, 2001 9/11 Memorial Week, December 24-28, 2001 Holiday Kids Week and as I said, all or most of the December 14, 2001-April 30, 2002 regular shows which are missing the runner-up trips. By the time the clue values "doubled" or shortly before, the runner-up prizes became runner-up trips. Yes, these specials had been guided with final results of their games but since were sadly lost. Now, Daniel(kingskip), when we need you, do you know what your bandwidth is because I'm wondering if your RuTube account is still there or is terminated(Suspended and Terminated are 2 different meanings).
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Ivoryface86 wrote:Also, in addition, the following games that need to be transcribed soon: September 24-28, 2001 Kids Week, the rest of the 2001 College Championship, the rest of the December 17-21, 2001 9/11 Memorial Week, December 24-28, 2001 Holiday Kids Week and as I said, all or most of the December 14, 2001-April 30, 2002 regular shows which are missing the runner-up trips. By the time the clue values "doubled" or shortly before, the runner-up prizes became runner-up trips. Yes, these specials had been guided with final results of their games but since were sadly lost. Now, Daniel(kingskip), when we need you, do you know what your bandwidth is because I'm wondering if your RuTube account is still there or is terminated(Suspended and Terminated are 2 different meanings).
We'll get right on that.

Should have them in by 5PM :roll:
The Talking Mime

Post by The Talking Mime »

There's still also a couple of Crackle games that aren't archived or just partially archived. Tom Nosek's fifth game isn't archived yet, and Phoebe Juel's first College Championship Final game has only the Jeopardy! Round archived only.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."
-Bertrand Russell
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

The Talking Mime wrote:There's still also a couple of Crackle games that aren't archived or just partially archived. Tom Nosek's fifth game isn't archived yet, and Phoebe Juel's first College Championship Final game has only the Jeopardy! Round archived only.
No later than 5:30. I promise ...
lieph82

Post by lieph82 »

econgator wrote:
The Talking Mime wrote:There's still also a couple of Crackle games that aren't archived or just partially archived. Tom Nosek's fifth game isn't archived yet, and Phoebe Juel's first College Championship Final game has only the Jeopardy! Round archived only.
No later than 5:30. I promise ...
It's 5:30. Where tf are they? You archivists are unbelievable. I vote we suspend your pay for a week.
nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans

Post by nightreign »

Ivoryface86 wrote:Also, in addition, the following games that need to be transcribed soon: September 24-28, 2001 Kids Week, the rest of the 2001 College Championship, the rest of the December 17-21, 2001 9/11 Memorial Week, December 24-28, 2001 Holiday Kids Week and as I said, all or most of the December 14, 2001-April 30, 2002 regular shows which are missing the runner-up trips. By the time the clue values "doubled" or shortly before, the runner-up prizes became runner-up trips. Yes, these specials had been guided with final results of their games but since were sadly lost. Now, Daniel(kingskip), when we need you, do you know what your bandwidth is because I'm wondering if your RuTube account is still there or is terminated(Suspended and Terminated are 2 different meanings).
I saw the fifth game of the 2001 Kids Week on YouTube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=N9cxef5t5f4
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

I have to ask about the mention of when the clue values were "doubled". Is there some debate over whether they were actually doubled, or merely "doubled"?