New old games in the J! Archive

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: New old games in the J! Archive

Post by Bamaman »

Spoiler
Feinstein is older than Leahy.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

I guessed Alf Landon, but he never served in Congress and had died less than a year earlier.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Bamaman wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:29 pm How did you do on FJ? That is probably one the 1988 me gets but remembering him 30 years later was too much.
I definitely would have got it in 88, but not now. I guessed the same as Mark.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

econgator wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:28 pm
Bamaman wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:29 pm How did you do on FJ? That is probably one the 1988 me gets but remembering him 30 years later was too much.
I definitely would have got it in 88, but not now. I guessed the same as Mark.
That was my guess as well.
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

Since I was 3 for most of 1988, I wouldn't have known it then, but at least it's someone I've heard of, due to the infamous attack ads on him.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

I added S5 10/26/88: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=6021

Player pics of Lorne Erdile, Mary Leland & Bob Chauls:
Spoiler

A sample of the singing talents from SINGING CELEBRITIES:
Spoiler

Bonus player pics from the 10/27/88 & 10/28/88 games already in the Archive with Norton Moses, Cheryl Davis-Plotts, Bob Chauls then Paul Thompson, Alex Szabo, & Norton Moses:
Spoiler

A little bit of the information for those players was incomplete, missing or incorrect and I put in the fixes.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Bamaman wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:54 pm
Spoiler
Feinstein is older than Leahy.
Ah, I was thinking longest-served instead of age. My bad.
booboo9921
Valued Contributor

Post by booboo9921 »

Regarding the january 11 1994 episode, i'm assuming the 4th category was "quotes" and not "quites"(I bring it up because it was misspelled.)
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

booboo9921 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:59 pm Regarding the january 11 1994 episode, i'm assuming the 4th category is "quotes" and not "quites"(I bring it up because it was misspelled.)
It must have been QUOTES, so I went ahead and made the correction.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

I added S6 6/7/90: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=6022

Player pics of Bill Drastal, Meg Weglarz & Anne Kanter:
Spoiler

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:48 pm I added S6 6/7/90: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=6022

Spoiler

I know we preach to TPH that anything is better than leaving FJ blank. But I really have a hard time using Bill’s response as a good example.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Bamaman wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:47 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:48 pm I added S6 6/7/90: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=6022

Spoiler

I know we preach to TPH that anything is better than leaving FJ blank. But I really have a hard time using Bill’s response as a good example.
He should have gone with the partner instead? :) Bill was interesting when he talked about being a sky marshal during the time of skyjacking problems. Alex of course had to make a crack about earning mileage points.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Spoiler

Hey, one of my few birthdays in childhood that I have specific memories of! (I don't have a memory of watching this game, though; my family went to Disneyland that day.)
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Surprisingly enough, I remember a lot from 1990 given that I was 3.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:29 pm Surprisingly enough, I remember a lot from 1990 given that I was 3.
Did you get this FJ? Or at least have a better guess than Bill?
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Bamaman wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:58 pm
TenPoundHammer wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:29 pm Surprisingly enough, I remember a lot from 1990 given that I was 3.
Did you get this FJ? Or at least have a better guess than Bill?
No, I had no idea what to even guess.
kingskip
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kingskip »

Mark,
Any chance you will be adding some more games from Seasons 8-12? It seems odd Seasons 3-6 have more games in the archive then the ones I mentioned. It would be nice to see more from those seasons entered.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

kingskip wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:01 pm Mark,
Any chance you will be adding some more games from Seasons 8-12? It seems odd Seasons 3-6 have more games in the archive then the ones I mentioned. It would be nice to see more from those seasons entered.
You're asking the wrong guy, hint hint. ;)
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

kingskip wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:01 pm Mark,
I add what I can when I can. My collection is down to about 6 complete regular season games not in the Archive. One is S12 that I will get in before June is out. My concentration on earlier seasons is J! aired earlier in the day back then and I recorded it when I was at work or out. When J! moved to the current station and the 7:00 airing that meant I was home to watch live and not have the same recording pattern.

For S8-12 I do have a lot of the missing tourney games. Before I get to those I have probably some 30 or so incomplete regular games of varying lengths. I want to get those partials in the Archive this summer or as many as I can.

Earlier in this thread are video links for a couple of games in that S8-12 range not in the Archive. If no other Archivist gets to those then perhaps I will get those in later this year.
Ivoryface86

Post by Ivoryface86 »

Daniel(kingskip), it's great to see you posting here again. There isn't much luck in finding any more episodes from Seasons 10-11 as GSN only reran the Celebrity episodes from those seasons. As for Seasons 9 and 12, since GSN has reran those seasons, there should be huge loads more episodes archived from those seasons, and with Trevor's (animfan) dad once worked at the show, I wonder what seasons he worked in. If Trevor discovers even more Season 3 episodes that haven't been uploaded before in any site, whether it's original broadcast or GSN airings, then expect to see more games archived from that season. Remind you, GSN has been a basic cable channel since the time they were rerunning Season 3(they had aired Season 9 prior to that so there weren't enough households carrying GSN at that time). I hope you can sign up and post in the Buy A Vowel message board Daniel aka kingskip. There is a page that features all of FJ! categories used in all episodes in all seasons dating back to Season 6(which was when the air date discrepancies for J! officially ended), both archived and not yet archived in the meantime.