New old games in the J! Archive

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Ivoryface86
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: New old games in the J! Archive

Post by Ivoryface86 »

As you know, Dave Traini went on to win this episode and he won with $12,001. I wonder if Super J! showed Dave Traini's $12,001 win from this episode when they showed his highlights. Also, during the second half Season 2 episodes, when the audience is shown at the beginning of the second segment, then the DJ! logo is seen in full screen seen on Tuesday and Thursday episodes coming out of the second commercial break. From this season to the 1991 Seniors Tournament, the audience is seen at the beginning of the second segment on the Monday, Wednesday and Friday shows of each week meaning the DJ! round's logo is seen in the monitors coming out of the second commercial break.
Ivoryface86

Post by Ivoryface86 »

MarkBarrett, animfan or Robert KS, did Super Jeopardy! showed highlights of Dave Traini's 4th win during his QF interview and on the same QF episode, did they show Chuck Forrest's ToC win during his interview?
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

I added 5/16/94: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=6058

Last week I added a game when I had only the FJ! round. Today it’s the opposite as I had everything except the completion of the FJ! round.

Player pics of Lauren Krohn, Erhard Konerding and Chris Goheen:
Spoiler

My recording of the game cut off during think time. Here is what I know about the round through reliable sources although I know of no proper way to add it to the Archive:

MEMOIRS

In 1981 he published “A Knight at the Opera”

Chris: 9500-?=?
Erhard: 6500-498=$6,002 (New Champ)
Lauren: 1800 +/-?=?

Correct response:
Spoiler
Rudolf Bing
After looking up the correct response and previous hits in the J! Archive I suspect I should give Lauren a minus on the clue. I have no idea if that clue was any easier in 1994. In 2018 I had no idea. Seems very tough for regular play.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Ivoryface86 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:51 pm MarkBarrett, animfan or Robert KS, did Super Jeopardy! showed highlights of Dave Traini's 4th win during his QF interview and on the same QF episode, did they show Chuck Forrest's ToC win during his interview?
Yeah, I'll get right on that. :lol:

Okay, all kidding aside, I'll file it with that other request about openings of some tourney games and see if I can get to it this summer. Maybe. Priorities.
Jeff-thecdboy

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

This was actually one of the episodes Robair Mackey covered on ATGS back then, and he said the wagers were as follows:

Lauren: $1,800 + $1,799 = $3,599
Erhard: $6,500 - $498 = $6,002
Chris: $9,500 - $3,501 = $5,999

Also, the runner-up prizes were:
2nd place - A Zeos computer and Outdoor Products knapsacks
3rd place - Magnavox Color TV
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Jeff-thecdboy wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:03 pm This was actually one of the episodes Robair Mackey covered on ATGS back then, and he said the wagers were as follows:

Lauren: $1,800 + $1,799 = $3,599
Erhard: $6,500 - $498 = $6,002
Chris: $9,500 - $3,501 = $5,999

Also, the runner-up prizes were:
2nd place - A Zeos computer and Outdoor Products knapsacks
3rd place - Magnavox Color TV
Great, thanks. I had remembered this post: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=637&p=258697&hilit=erhard#p258697

and did not know the full wagers were known. I'll work on completing the game now as not knowing the actual responses is okay to get the round archived.

And my apologies to Lauren. Well done by her to not make the clue a TS.
animfan
Valued Contributor

Post by animfan »

MarkBarrett wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:54 pm I added 5/16/94: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=6058

Last week I added a game when I had only the FJ! round. Today it’s the opposite as I had everything except the completion of the FJ! round.

Player pics of Lauren Krohn, Erhard Konerding and Chris Goheen:
Spoiler

My recording of the game cut off during think time. Here is what I know about the round through reliable sources although I know of no proper way to add it to the Archive:

MEMOIRS

In 1981 he published “A Knight at the Opera”

Chris: 9500-?=?
Erhard: 6500-498=$6,002 (New Champ)
Lauren: 1800 +/-?=?

Correct response:
Spoiler
Rudolf Bing
After looking up the correct response and previous hits in the J! Archive I suspect I should give Lauren a minus on the clue. I have no idea if that clue was any easier in 1994. In 2018 I had no idea. Seems very tough for regular play.
There’s a mistake on the $400 response in 19th century democrats which should be changed to Douglas not Doublas.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

animfan wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:18 pm
There’s a mistake on the $400 response in 19th century democrats which should be changed to Douglas not Doublas.
Fixed it. Thanks.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

I added 6/8/90: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=6059

It has everything except Russ’s incorrect response and Alex giving the correct response.

Player pics of Dean Heller, Russ Harris & Meg Weglarz:
Spoiler

MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

I added what I had of 4/10/87: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=6061

Player pics of Linda Christiano, Burton Boxerman & Chris Walkey:
Spoiler

Ivoryface86

Post by Ivoryface86 »

Again, the very next episode is archived and Chris Walkey won this episode with a payoff of $8801. The full episode of this and Dave Traini's 4th episode maybe discovered in full episode forms whenever Trevor(animfan) has interest in finding them as well as Game #511(the first episode after the '86 ToC). BTW, Trevor thinks this episode aired on April 3, 1987. BTW, this episode did appear on GSN back in the day but was never shown in its weekend rotation while Dave Traini's 4th episode did. Again, if and when Trevor digs in and finds the full episode forms for both games archived this week or else who recorded them from GSN have a good chance to archive the entire rest of both episodes.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Ivoryface86 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:51 pm MarkBarrett, animfan or Robert KS, did Super Jeopardy! showed highlights of Dave Traini's 4th win during his QF interview and on the same QF episode, did they show Chuck Forrest's ToC win during his interview?
I was around my Super J! tapes to get something else, so I had a chance to look. For Dave Traini they showed him outside jogging and inside watching J! with his kid. For Chuck they only showed a couple of clips from the TOC with Chuck mentioning the other players after him and his winning his QF game to make the 1986 semis.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

I added the six clues I had for 7/7/88: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=6064

Player pics of Mike Harris (not the S4 champ Mike Harris), Susanna Betzl, and Kevin Frear:
Spoiler

Color was not happening for this game on my tape.
I added the 13 clues of segment one I had for 5/30/89: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=6065

Player pics of Nancy Dorn, Morgan Spector and Robert Windeler:
Spoiler

MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

I added what I had of 5/8/87: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=6067

DD1 would have been a burn for a hunter. No instructions were given to take it in order and even with the top-to-bottom play it was not enough to help Tim.

Player pics of Tim Casey, Michael Aronson & Miark Stitham:
Spoiler

I added the FJ! round of 6/30/89: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=6068

Players picks of (sounded like) Bob Edgewood, C(K)atherine Latz/Lutz/Laatz & Daniel Kim:
Spoiler

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

MarkBarrett wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:54 pm I added what I had of 5/8/87: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=6067

DD1 would have been a burn for a hunter. No instructions were given to take it in order and even with the top-to-bottom play it was not enough to help Tim.

Player pics of Tim Casey, Michael Aronson & Miark Stitham:
Spoiler

I added the FJ! round of 6/30/89: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=6068

Players picks of (sounded like) Bob Edgewood, C(K)atherine Latz/Lutz/Laatz & Daniel Kim:
Spoiler

I know you had limited information, but the prize in the second game of a cruise to "Destination unknown" just sounds kind of cool.
Ivoryface86

Post by Ivoryface86 »

Mark, on the May 1(or 8), 1987 episode you just recapped, Tim Casey won this episode, and in this episode, did Alex mention the Seniors Tournament at some point in this episode? Because he told Tim to rest for 2 weeks. 2 of the categories used in this episode(LOVE & MARRIAGE and -OLOGIES) were displayed in the coming up next preview bumper during the May-ish 1985 WOF episode(that show's box game wasn't released yet at that point).
Last edited by Ivoryface86 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Ivoryface86 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:28 pm Mark, on the May 1(or 8), 1987 episode you just recapped, Michael Aronson won this episode, and in this episode, did Alex mention the Seniors Tournament at some point in this episode? Because he told Michael to rest for 2 weeks. 2 of the categories used in this episode(LOVE & MARRIAGE and -OLOGIES) were displayed in the coming up next preview bumper during the May-ish 1985 WOF episode(that show's box game wasn't released yet at that point).
Tim wins the episode as that is why he is in this game: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=4282

Yes, at the beginning Alex announced the upcoming Seniors Tournament and that the winner would not seen for another two weeks.

Wheel of Fortune bumpers and box game: Not my monkeys; not my circus
dell3234

Post by dell3234 »

I have a goal for the month of august and if needed september

Fill in any season 18 episode that has no gameboard

Also Fill in the missing season 18 episode and 2 missing season 19 episodes.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

dell3234 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:08 pm I have a goal for the month of august and if needed september

I wish you the best of luck in accomplishing this.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

dell3234 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:08 pm I have a goal for the month of august and if needed september

Mark met his goal of 20 games in June. I’m sure you are up to the challenge.