New old games in the J! Archive

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Re: New old games in the J! Archive

Post by seaborgium »

MarkBarrett wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:27 pm
Someone lost out on a ToC spot because Madeleine wouldacouldashoulda beat Gordon.
Gordon would have been the alternate, with $300 less than 3xer Richard Rasmussen.

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

I added 10/5/95: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=6654

Player pics of Gordon Wean challengers Brenda Wolfson & Patrick McGeehan:
Spoiler
mjhunt: My apologies about my reaction to your previous comment about the game as I did not comprehend you were mentioning DD3 and not just the FJ! round.

Yeah, Gordon had control of wager situations with it found on clue 30 and blew it. The standard $1000 did not cut it.

As far as I know that catches up all the games shared on various upload sites.

Myron: I checked my 1995 Teen tape and found that for some reason it started with QF2 so I do not have Chris Jacobs who naturally had to be in QF1. Fortunately, he made the semis so I can get his other appearance in. Each summer there is some nasty surprise of a game(s) I thought I had or should have only to find I was wrong.

It is what it is and the games I do have are better than none. With no Olympics or major soccer tournaments coupled with a shorter J! season most likely, I will try to exceed 50 tourney games over the next few months. I've tried lately conditioning myself to archive two games on some days to hopefully add to the total input. Time will tell.

I'm still trying to locate 1989 Teen games that seem to be scattered across several tapes. I'm getting closer as I've found QF1 & QF5 which I'll do as well as the other missing Eric Newhouse ones. I'm also not letting another summer go by without completing the 1989 College since it's the first one.

MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

I added 2/14/95: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=6656

Matt Zielenski is already well-represented in the Archive. Pics of opponents Shannon Shelton & Chris Jacobs:
Spoiler
Chris Jacobs on the J! page: https://www.jeopardy.com/jbuzz/fan-jeff ... appearance

If anyone has Chris and his QF appearance please share with any archivist (discreetly to keep the board out of trouble) as I do not have that one.

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Wow, Chris could have pulled off quite the upset if he'd been more aggressive on his DD.

MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

I added 2/6/89: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=6658

Player pics of Greg Parde, Elena Whitley & Dan Chase:
Spoiler
The wiki page for the Teen Tournament that is not as visible as used to be has Don Chase instead of Dan Chase if fixing that means anything. I'm sure it's probably been copied to other places with the same error.

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

MarkBarrett wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:04 pm
The wiki page for the Teen Tournament that is not as visible as used to be has Don Chase instead of Dan Chase if fixing that means anything. I'm sure it's probably been copied to other places with the same error.
Speaking of which, I recently discovered a guy on Twitter named Ryan Ballengee saying he had been in the 2001 Teen Tournament. He's in J! Archive with the spelling "Ballangee." I suggested a correction but nothing has come of it thus far.

MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

seaborgium wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:13 pm
MarkBarrett wrote:
Speaking of which, I recently discovered a guy on Twitter named Ryan Ballengee saying he had been in the 2001 Teen Tournament. He's in J! Archive with the spelling "Ballangee." I suggested a correction but nothing has come of it thus far.
Sometimes I see corrections and the timing is not right to do the research. Quickly the suggestions get buried and I can forget about checking on it later. I'll handle it a little later today.

MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

MarkBarrett wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:42 pm
seaborgium wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote:
Sometimes I see corrections and the timing is not right to do the research. Quickly the suggestions get buried and I can forget about checking on it later. I'll handle it a little later today.
Confirmed, fixed and done.

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

On a thread on the Jeopardy Facebook page the other day, a woman named Joanne Serin mentioned being on the show in the 1980s and someone responded by posting a link to her game in the archive. Unfortunately, her name is spelled Seran in the archive. Her game indicates the introductions were missing.

http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=10428

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

MarkBarrett wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:24 pm
MarkBarrett wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:42 pm
seaborgium wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote:
Confirmed, fixed and done.
Ooh, that caused another problem: the picture that displayed on his player profile is gone now. I suspect it's because the file name of that picture is based on the misspelled name. I also suspect that fixing that would be an RKS job rather than an MB job.

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

seaborgium wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:40 pm
Ooh, that caused another problem: the picture that displayed on his player profile is gone now. I suspect it's because the file name of that picture is based on the misspelled name. I also suspect that fixing that would be an RKS job rather than an MB job.
Fixed, thanks.

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

econgator wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:48 pm
seaborgium wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:40 pm
Fixed, thanks.
I guess I should have CCed you!

Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

I fixed the filename.

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Robert K S wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:39 am
I fixed the filename.
Yeah, mine was a temp fix. I figured you could make it permanent.

Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

I think I found him on Facebook, and if it's the same person, he and I have exactly one mutual friend, a person who coincidentally has the same name as (but is not) a ToCer who participated in the 10th Anniversary Tournament.

MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

I added 2/10/89: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=6660

Players pics of Matt Pearson, Kristen Brimus & David Dodson:
Spoiler
Why I have QF 1, 4 & 5 but not 2 & 3 makes no sense. I still have slim hope I'll turn them up somewhere and I'm more confident I have the SFs & Finals to get the other Newhouse games in sooner than later. $5k was WC4 although David could not have known that when making his wager.

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

The winner of the game is labeled as “new champion” instead of “automatic semifinalist”.

Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Fixed

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Robert K S wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:34 pm
Fixed
I wish all customer service requests could be handled that quickly. Too bad you don’t work for the cable company.

MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Bamaman wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:36 pm
Robert K S wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:34 pm
Fixed
I wish all customer service requests could be handled that quickly. Too bad you don’t work for the cable company.
Thanks and thanks. Yes, guilty (not for the first time) of failing to do the menu drag to indicate it was a QF game.

Bamaman: You still have archivist credentials? You could always do a quick fix and save four posts in this thread? ;)