New old games in the J! Archive

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Ivoryface86
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: New old games in the J! Archive

Post by Ivoryface86 »

Bamaman wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:44 pm
kingskip wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:04 am
Ivoryface86 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:32 pm Well so much for the January 23, March 5 and March 11, 1997 and New Year's Day 1998 episodes, these were the only 4 Sushi Bar set episodes not archived that actually reran on GSN, it'll be up to Erick Dye-Cain, Jamie Locklin, and/or Trevor Panno then or maybe Michael Pannoni, those are the first 4 people to go to, also the October 31, 1996 episode also appeared on GSN(one of the first episodes to use the Swiss 911 font for the end credits but also one of the final episodes with the player monitors turn red for DJ! and one of the last episodes where the set stayed red during the end credits).

What’s puzzling is how no one has New Year’s Day 1998 when GSN ran that season 4 or 5 cycles. Surely someone had to record it then.
If they can’t find a new host, maybe they can run the New Years games and the ones canceled by the war coverage. Then throw in S1E6 and then a week of Barbara Lowe.
I'm sure they'll find a new host before any of these happen.
dell3234

Post by dell3234 »

Ivoryface86 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:49 pm
Bamaman wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:44 pm
kingskip wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:04 am
Ivoryface86 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:32 pm Well so much for the January 23, March 5 and March 11, 1997 and New Year's Day 1998 episodes, these were the only 4 Sushi Bar set episodes not archived that actually reran on GSN, it'll be up to Erick Dye-Cain, Jamie Locklin, and/or Trevor Panno then or maybe Michael Pannoni, those are the first 4 people to go to, also the October 31, 1996 episode also appeared on GSN(one of the first episodes to use the Swiss 911 font for the end credits but also one of the final episodes with the player monitors turn red for DJ! and one of the last episodes where the set stayed red during the end credits).

What’s puzzling is how no one has New Year’s Day 1998 when GSN ran that season 4 or 5 cycles. Surely someone had to record it then.
If they can’t find a new host, maybe they can run the New Years games and the ones canceled by the war coverage. Then throw in S1E6 and then a week of Barbara Lowe.
I'm sure they'll find a new host before any of these happen.
If that would've happen we would get a bit closer to getting the j-archive being complete.
jeopardyfan87
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jeopardyfan87 »

MarkBarrett wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:54 pm I added 9/16/96: https://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=7140

Player pics of Lizabeth Stavenski-Bell, Ed Bylina and Lucien Schmit:
Spoiler
The recording (no prizes either) had some kind of dish notice graphic during the introductions, so I got the player pics from chat.

Ah, the old, end the round just as Lizabeth took the lead. Didn't work. Lucien still won.

In 1996 I did not know the connection of place and drink. It's come in handy many times since when watching J! and other trivia shows.

The well is dry and I have no more games to archive as the 1985 one with the mystery date will have to wait until it's pinned down better. Not really how I'm feeling, as a break is fine by me, but I was still reminded of this movie line:
Spoiler
Thank you again jf87 for sharing so many games. The archive is in a better place with so many gaps filled in.

According to the credits, the second place contestant must have gotten a Bose player and RCA Satellite System while the third place contestant got a piece of dining ware from Wallace Silversmiths.

I'm glad I could be the "summer helper" for the old games this year, since if I'm remembering right Mark it's in the summer when you would do the majority of archiving them. I hope next summer we can find another volunteer who would be willing to upload some for us.

I also have two January 1987 games from GSN (one with no presence in the archive, the other only with the first segment in the archive), but I would need to grab hold of a better VCR to copy them since the tape they're on will keep skipping in the VCR I have.

A few other names come to mind as to who might have a handful of old games: Robair Mackey, Joe Capitano, Imad Khuri, Brett Odom, and Adam Seigel. And another person who had an impressive list of episodes was Jake Tanner, who sadly died this past June.

For those who couldn't get the games that originally aired due to the Iraq War, some stations would air the same games exactly one year later, so I too think it's a little puzzling as to how no one had their chances to record them then.

Anyway I'm glad I could fill some gaps, but it also meant I would be responsible for creating more of them -- specifically 1/5/96, 1/10/96, 7/1/96, 7/4/96, and 7/8/96.
kablamfan11

Post by kablamfan11 »

jeopardyfan87 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:06 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:54 pm I added 9/16/96: https://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=7140

Spoiler
The recording (no prizes either) had some kind of dish notice graphic during the introductions, so I got the player pics from chat.

Ah, the old, end the round just as Lizabeth took the lead. Didn't work. Lucien still won.

In 1996 I did not know the connection of place and drink. It's come in handy many times since when watching J! and other trivia shows.

The well is dry and I have no more games to archive as the 1985 one with the mystery date will have to wait until it's pinned down better. Not really how I'm feeling, as a break is fine by me, but I was still reminded of this movie line:
Spoiler
Thank you again jf87 for sharing so many games. The archive is in a better place with so many gaps filled in.

According to the credits, the second place contestant must have gotten a Bose player and RCA Satellite System while the third place contestant got a piece of dining ware from Wallace Silversmiths.

I'm glad I could be the "summer helper" for the old games this year, since if I'm remembering right Mark it's in the summer when you would do the majority of archiving them. I hope next summer we can find another volunteer who would be willing to upload some for us.

I also have two January 1987 games from GSN (one with no presence in the archive, the other only with the first segment in the archive), but I would need to grab hold of a better VCR to copy them since the tape they're on will keep skipping in the VCR I have.

A few other names come to mind as to who might have a handful of old games: Robair Mackey, Joe Capitano, Imad Khuri, Brett Odom, and Adam Seigel. And another person who had an impressive list of episodes was Jake Tanner, who sadly died this past June.

For those who couldn't get the games that originally aired due to the Iraq War, some stations would air the same games exactly one year later, so I too think it's a little puzzling as to how no one had their chances to record them then.

Anyway I'm glad I could fill some gaps, but it also meant I would be responsible for creating more of them -- specifically 1/5/96, 1/10/96, 7/1/96, 7/4/96, and 7/8/96.
It was awesome having new Season 12 games into the archive jfan87, by the way, I might do the uploading next summer with hopefully unarchived episodes from Seasons 1-13. I would have to convert them from DVD to MP4 format since I have a converter software on my Windows 10 laptop. But yeah, any unarchived episode from Seasons 1-13 can be sent to me for next summer.
jlgarfield

Post by jlgarfield »

Personally, you know what I've yet to see from the older eps? Alex preface a Seattle/Tacoma area contestant as being from "K-O-M-Oland". :D
kablamfan11

Post by kablamfan11 »

jlgarfield wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:10 pm Personally, you know what I've yet to see from the older eps? Alex preface a Seattle/Tacoma area contestant as being from "K-O-M-Oland". :D
Well, maybe I might find some old episodes from that specific station.
Ivoryface86

Post by Ivoryface86 »

Well jeffdadude87, we can also thank Trevor Panno and Chuck Donegan for continuing to bring us the unarchived episodes and even bringing us full versions of episodes that are only partially archived, hopefully the 2/7-2/9 and the 2/26-3/20 as well as 3/29/96 can pop up as well as the 3/8/96 episode which only has the intro and it doesn't have the recap in the alt.tv.game-shows. Adam Siegel might not be the person for the help, but maybe Jamie Locklin aka Blanquepage aka TV Game Show Vault can or perhaps VHSGoodiesWA or maybe Imad Khuri, or perhaps Trevor or Chuck Donegan again.
Ivoryface86

Post by Ivoryface86 »

kablamfan11 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:40 pm

Spoiler

Spoiler

It was awesome having new Season 12 games into the archive jfan87, by the way, I might do the uploading next summer with hopefully unarchived episodes from Seasons 1-13. I would have to convert them from DVD to MP4 format since I have a converter software on my Windows 10 laptop. But yeah, any unarchived episode from Seasons 1-13 can be sent to me for next summer.
Don't you mean particularly from before the Sushi Bar set Erick?
kablamfan11

Post by kablamfan11 »

Ivoryface86 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:08 am
kablamfan11 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:40 pm

Spoiler

Spoiler

Don't you mean particularly from before the Sushi Bar set Erick?
Yes
tddeveryday
DIY Problem Solver

Post by tddeveryday »

Many thanks to jeopardyfan87 for the uploads. Is it possible you could reupload the game from 1995-10-19? I think I've downloaded almost all of them, but that one I missed somehow.
My lucky numbers are 6, 66, and 666.
kingskip
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kingskip »

tddeveryday wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:20 pm Many thanks to jeopardyfan87 for the uploads. Is it possible you could reupload the game from 1995-10-19? I think I've downloaded almost all of them, but that one I missed somehow.
It would also help if you could reupload 1995-10-05 as I missed that one last year on Archive as it quickly got pulled and that’s when you stopped uploading there.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

From Gameshow Classics Facebook page. June 8, 1987.

https://fb.watch/7SgxPJ5m8Y/
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Bamaman wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:32 pm From Gameshow Classics Facebook page. June 8, 1987.

I believe it's #651.

Your link didn't work for me, clicking on it directly, but entering it into fbdown.net did.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Robert K S wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:48 pm
Bamaman wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:32 pm From Gameshow Classics Facebook page. June 8, 1987.

I believe it's #651.

Your link didn't work for me, clicking on it directly, but entering it into fbdown.net did.
I didn’t know how to post the video on here without linking it to Facebook. They have a bunch of other episodes from other shows on their. Glad they picked an unarchived episode.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Good find! Do we know if this is cropped to fit an HD screen, or stretched? I downloaded it but can't decide whether I should mess with the aspect ratio.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Looks stretched to me. Mess away!
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Robert K S wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:10 pm Looks stretched to me. Mess away!
And what a mess it was! I couldn't simply switch the ratio to 4:3, I think because of the superimposed text extending beyond the edge of the viewing area proper. It took some experimentation to land on the correct proportions to make the actual game 4:3 as it would have been broadcast.

If anyone wants to reap the fruit of my effort and watch the game with properly proportioned faces and clues, PM me for a link. (Note: Those requesting the link must have at least 53 posts on the JBoard, must solemnly swear that they will not post the link anywhere on the internet, and may not be on my Naughty list. Offer void where prohibited and in any event not available outside Earth's solar system. Management refuses the right to reserve service to anyone. Some settling of contents may occur during download. Video may contain trace amounts of peanuts. Downloader agrees to accept all risk and will indemnify and hold harmless Opus the Penguin, his heirs, assigns and ever member of any penguin species now known or yet to be discovered. This disclaimer applies explicitly but not exhaustively to loss of life, limb, or sanity as well as to mayhem, havoc, devastation, depredation, deforestation, pillaging, depilation, catastrophe, destruction, disruption, chaos, confusion, tumult, uproar, confusion or hullabaloo directly or indirectly attributable to the downloading or viewing of the video. Other terms and conditions may apply.)
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

The Facebook page I got this from is now called TV Game Show Vault.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

MarkBarrett wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:20 pm I added 3/13/86: https://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=7052

Player pics of Clint Swett, Davina Rubin and Jean Youngerman:
Spoiler
I wish I had tried to contact Davina when I found her website and Facebook profile earlier this year; I just went back to her website to find out she died July 24. Apparently she wrote something for the occasion. https://davinarubin.com/2021/07/25/last-essay/

Here's someone else's blog post memorializing her, with pictures including one of her posing with a TV screen showing her on $25,000 Pyramid. https://www.jesselmiller.com/art-journa ... aordinaire

(I think it's odd that two of Clint Swett's opponents happened to die the same year he posted his episodes online.)

edit: I found one of Davina's Pyramid episodes (the Dailymotion uploader spelled her name "Divina"); the celebrities were Michael Dorn and Marcia Wallace, and it seems to have originally aired Friday, October 23, 1987. She came in as the returning champion, and Dick Clark had her say she'd already won $10,500 (and a computer). She won both games but only earned $800 more in the winner's circle. I can't determine a final total for her, but the next week's celebs were apparently Susan Ruttan and David Garrison, so maybe that'll make it easier for someone to turn up something. edit again: I found someone's list of collected episodes that has Davina's first game from 10/22/87, then a gap where it jumps to 10/28/87, also with Davina, and then the 10/29 game with two different players, so she must have been retired as a five-day champion. I'd email the guy to ask if he has a grand total for her, but he's removed his address from the page because he's currently on a trading hiatus.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Do you happen to know her cause of death?