New old games in the J! Archive

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, econgator, dhkendall, trainman

MinnesotaMyron
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 1176
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:53 pm

New old games in the J! Archive

Post by MinnesotaMyron » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi everybody. Just a little update for fans of old games being entered into the J-Archive. I have finally finished Ed Toutant's 2 games. They can be found at

http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=3776 and
http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=3794 .

I also went back and completed Paul Schindler's game (aka Dave Traini game 3), which has been sitting there unfinished for a good long time. It's here

http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=3501 .

Next up, Doug Zang's 3 shows, the first of which is started at

http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=3872 . Only the first segment is entered there, but I've been on a roll lately, so I'm hopeful.

I'd like to use this thread for folks to post links to games that aren't entered in the archive yet. After Doug's games, I'm going to enter the Rocky Schmidt show, but after that I'd like to pick up some of the flotsam. Please post links to any shows or accounts that have shows that are not yet in the archive. (I know we have an older thread, but I'd like to gather them all here for my reference.)

Thanks so much.

-M

My list so far:

Carolyn/Rocky/Sister Carol (December 11, 1985): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xb3hg1 ... shortfilms Pt. 1
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xb3hnk ... shortfilms Pt 2.
Dean Cain, Elayne Boosler and Leslie Nielsen (1993): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvUvMSrbwP8 , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMHrAV-3bkE
Pat Sajak, Teri Garr and Ed Asner.(1993): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeVm90zYxY4 , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjyZhhwzUwg
Diana Ashbrook, Ana Wagner-Hoffman, Patrick McGeehan (1995?): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyPCS8NprpY , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waJylb1wPeY , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYuwQc9yI4g
Last edited by MinnesotaMyron on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
codehappy
Contributor
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:18 pm
Location: The Great Northwest
Contact:

Re: New old games in the J-Archive

Post by codehappy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:40 pm

MinnesotaMyron wrote:Thanks so much.

-M
No, thank you. The J! Archive is a great resource and I love to see old games show up.

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes
Posts: 8458
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: New old games in the J-Archive

Post by Bamaman » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:53 pm

Could we get this thread stickied?

legendneverdies
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1605
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: New old games in the J-Archive

Post by legendneverdies » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:16 pm

Two of the clues in the second Toutant game were essentially the same as in tonight's game, and under the same category titles.

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes
Posts: 8458
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: New old games in the J-Archive

Post by Bamaman » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:24 pm

Wow, if Paul makes a better FJ wager or if his coin lands the other way on FJ, Dave Traini is just another no name two day champ. Ah, the fickle finger of fate.

legendneverdies
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1605
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: New old games in the J-Archive

Post by legendneverdies » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:41 pm

Bamaman wrote:Wow, if Paul makes a better FJ wager or if his coin lands the other way on FJ, Dave Traini is just another no name two day champ. Ah, the fickle finger of fate.
Ken Jennings would only have been a three day champ if Paula FIlson got FJ! right on day four.

Austin Powers
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1563
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:09 pm

Re: New old games in the J-Archive

Post by Austin Powers » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:18 pm

Awesome, thanks

Jeff-thecdboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:34 am

Re: New old games in the J-Archive

Post by Jeff-thecdboy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:22 pm

This user's RuTube site has some J! games that are not in the Archive yet:

http://kingskip.rutube.ru

User avatar
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream
Posts: 8494
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Contact:

Re: New old games in the J-Archive

Post by dhkendall » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:25 pm

legendneverdies wrote:
Bamaman wrote:Wow, if Paul makes a better FJ wager or if his coin lands the other way on FJ, Dave Traini is just another no name two day champ. Ah, the fickle finger of fate.
Ken Jennings would only have been a three day champ if Paula FIlson got FJ! right on day four.
If ifs and buts were candies and nuts ... I forget the rest, something about diabetes.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns
Posts: 4787
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:31 am

Re: New old games in the J-Archive

Post by seaborgium » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:49 pm

That's funny, Ed Toutant's second game has a category with the exact same name as one in tonight's game, with two clues identical to tonight's. (Keep it in spoiler tags if you get specific about it in this thread, though.)

User avatar
TenPoundHammer
Future Wheel Winner
Posts: 5953
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: New old games in the J-Archive

Post by TenPoundHammer » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:52 pm

dhkendall wrote:If ifs and buts were candies and nuts ... I forget the rest, something about diabetes.
"If you have diabeetus and are on Medicare, you may qualify for a free meter."
Ten Pound Hammer

This space for rent

User avatar
jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 4148
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:34 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Re: New old games in the J-Archive

Post by jeff6286 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:27 am

legendneverdies wrote:Two of the clues in the second Toutant game were essentially the same as in tonight's game, and under the same category titles.
seaborgium wrote:That's funny, Ed Toutant's second game has a category with the exact same name as one in tonight's game, with two clues identical to tonight's. (Keep it in spoiler tags if you get specific about it in this thread, though.)
Plus, we just had 'An "UN" Category' on 4/11, which used another repeated clue from the 10/18/89 game, so 3 of the 5 clues in that category from over 20 years ago were repeated within a week. How strange that they would have two "UN"-themed categories just 5 days apart.

User avatar
bpmod
Rank
Posts: 5427
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Hamilton Ontario

Re: New old games in the J-Archive

Post by bpmod » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:34 am

jeff6286 wrote:
legendneverdies wrote:Two of the clues in the second Toutant game were essentially the same as in tonight's game, and under the same category titles.
seaborgium wrote:That's funny, Ed Toutant's second game has a category with the exact same name as one in tonight's game, with two clues identical to tonight's. (Keep it in spoiler tags if you get specific about it in this thread, though.)
Plus, we just had 'An "UN" Category' on 4/11, which used another repeated clue from the 10/18/89 game, so 3 of the 5 clues in that category from over 20 years ago were repeated within a week. How strange that they would have two "UN"-themed categories just 5 days apart.
And not an uncola among them...

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns
Posts: 4787
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:31 am

Re: New old games in the J-Archive

Post by seaborgium » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:03 am

MinnesotaMyron wrote:Next up, Doug Zang's 3 shows, the first of which is started at

http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=3872 . Only the first segment is entered there, but I've been on a roll lately, so I'm hopeful.
I notice a ToCer's name in there. I take it this is Lucien Schmit game 5?

MinnesotaMyron
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 1176
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: New old games in the J-Archive

Post by MinnesotaMyron » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:56 am

seaborgium wrote:
MinnesotaMyron wrote:Next up, Doug Zang's 3 shows, the first of which is started at

http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=3872 . Only the first segment is entered there, but I've been on a roll lately, so I'm hopeful.
I notice a ToCer's name in there. I take it this is Lucien Schmit game 5?
Yup. Looks like I spelled his name wrong, tho'.

-M

Ivoryface86
Loyal Jeopardista
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: New old games in the J-Archive

Post by Ivoryface86 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:35 pm

I thought Paul Schindler's game aired as Game #481 because if you've seen Day 5 of Dave Traini's run, the DJ! round's logo appeared in one of the monitors with the zoom in mode. The Tuesday and Thursday episodes of each week had the DJ! round's logo appearing in full screen mode and the camera pans left. For the Monday, Wednesday, and Friday episodes, the camera usually pans right but on the monitors.

MinnesotaMyron
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 1176
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: New old games in the J-Archive

Post by MinnesotaMyron » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:07 pm

Ivoryface86 wrote:I thought Paul Schindler's game aired as Game #481 because if you've seen Day 5 of Dave Traini's run, the DJ! round's logo appeared in one of the monitors with the zoom in mode. The Tuesday and Thursday episodes of each week had the DJ! round's logo appearing in full screen mode and the camera pans left. For the Monday, Wednesday, and Friday episodes, the camera usually pans right but on the monitors.
So I have to post this again, huh?

Image

Your assumption is wrong.

-M

User avatar
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 1194
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: New old games in the J-Archive

Post by Robert K S » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:24 pm

MinnesotaMyron wrote:Yup. Looks like I spelled his name wrong, tho'.
Corrected...

Frank Hardy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:15 am

Re: New old games in the J-Archive

Post by Frank Hardy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:41 pm

Paula Filson played against Ken Jennings in his game 5.

Ivoryface86
Loyal Jeopardista
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: New old games in the J-Archive

Post by Ivoryface86 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:17 pm

So if it's a Tuesday episode, that means that Day 3 of Dave Traini's run must have the DJ! round's logo appearing in full screen mode when returning from the 2nd commercial break is that right Myron?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cheezguyty, dhkendall, dinghammer, TenPoundHammer, This Is Kirk! and 15 guests