New old games in the J! Archive

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: New old games in the J! Archive

Post by MarkBarrett »

Bamaman wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:04 am
MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:46 pm
Jeff-thecdboy wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:41 pm Betty White hosted a short-lived NBC daytime show in 1983 called "Just Men!" and actually won a Daytime Emmy for hosting it (she was the first female to win the Best Game Show Host Emmy award as a result).
Oh, of course. So obvious. Thanks for a perfect choice to complete the set. Now let all of them still be alive in September, so I can't be blamed for bringing up the topic.
Shame on you for forgetting Alan Ladd's wife.

I was going to say Wink Martindale but he is just 84. Regis turned 86 Friday.
I laughed and the humor translated fine out here although I expected a post like the one that followed.
Jeff-thecdboy

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

Animfan1 has posted the July 18, 2002 (only the intro is in so far) episode on Dailymotion:

http://dailymotion.com/animfan11
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Chris Walkey played Jim Ryan & Bev Praver: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=5772

Player Pics:
Spoiler

Alex asked Bev about her job title of entertaining educator and she clarified that she and her husband play/teach folk music in schools. This has to be them:

http://www.bevjerry.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QicZoJP9YOw

At the start of the J! round Alex said this was third try for the HONDURAS category when in previous months none of the clues had been selected.

At the start of the DJ! round Alex said the J! round had one baseball clue and that the DJ! round would have one as well. I looked at the categories and not only guessed the right one (not that hard to do), but I got lucky anticipating the right name as well. It was clever on the part of the writers & Alex to have baseball have one more appearance in the FJ! round.

For trainman: You not only have a full category of TRAINS, but a bonus clue in DISNEYLAND. Please check my work and the writers as well for any errors.
jlgarfield

Post by jlgarfield »

^ My birthday show, at last! On top of that, the FJ! clue was featured in the 2004 This is Jeopardy! book, and I predicted that it would be the FJ clue for that show. I was right! :D

On a personal note....
Spoiler
It's sad that the Montreal Expos no longer exist. :(
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

jlgarfield wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:52 pm On a personal note....
Spoiler
It's sad that the Montreal Expos no longer exist. :(
They've gone on to a better place.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

Jeff-thecdboy wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:05 pm Animfan1 has posted the July 19, 2002 (18th season finale, only the intro is in so far) episode on Dailymotion:

http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=1669

I had a different game started, but when this one became available, I jumped on it. July 19, 2002, Lauren Kostas vs. David Bitkower vs. Ron Ellison. David would be the returning champion when I arrived at the studio for my tape day, hence my enthusiasm.

"Duplicate" clue alert: The first clue seen here is from this game, the next from my second game, which played 1 game-week later:
#4135, aired 2002-07-19 TAKE IT "EZ" $1200: In 1989 this tanker caused the largest oil spill in U.S. history
#4140, aired 2002-09-06 MEET MY "EX" $600: A third mate unlicensed to pilot this ship through Prince William Sound ran it aground
Spoiler
What is the Exxon Valdez?
Ron got a Daily Double in the J! round about what he referred to as his favorite TV show. I'm guessing he was disappointed they avoided the category about that show in this game, getting to only 2 clues. Unfortunately, he would also hit the other 2 DDs in the game, wager big, and miss them both, leaving him in 3rd going into FJ!

The contestants played a "perfect board"--meaning they started in the upper left corner and worked down and across, one category at a time--until the 22nd clue of the game. Broke my heart, they did. They went hunting for the last DD when Alex gave the "one minute" notice, but chose every other clue first. Ron found it eventually, but like I said, he missed it. And a triple miss in FJ! sent David home with a decent prize and a 3-month-ish-wait for the new season to start taping.

Clue of the game is THE HISTORY CHANNEL for $600:
Developer of Grand Canyon tourism described here; Judy Garland played one of his Girls

"So they went back east and offered young, single women good pay and lodging to work at his establishments."
Spoiler
Who is Brett Harvey?
More later??? We'll see.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:21 am I received these posts on FB through commenting on one of my posts as I've never bothered with tight security protocols.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twW1IW5ygjk

This episode aired on 1/30 or before and after 1/14 given Donna Reed's death which happened on 1/14 is mentioned in the Enquirer commercial. FInal J! is not seen in this video and . This is probably Beryl's third game given she won four games and her total being low 40s, and her total given by Alex indicates she'd probably won two games beforehand.. The Enquirer date seen in the ad looks to be 2/4/1986 and is not 1/21/1986 as there is a pic of that cover found via a web search

I have other games to do, so it's up for any archivist who wants it.
Looks like I'm elected. http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=5773 Karen Stevens vs. Alberto Isaac vs. Beryl Arbit

My thanks to Emily Kuroda for posting her husband Alberto Isaac's game on YouTube, even in truncated form. It's nice to have a game from ToCer Beryl Arbit, first of all, but it's also a single-player FJ game, which makes it doubly interesting.

Here's Alberto's IMDB page. He's been in some things you might have seen, most recently as Joseph Chan in Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

As far as dating the episode goes, we had some clues to work with. Mark mentioned the commercial for the 4 Feb 1986 National Enquirer, which places the episode somewhere toward the end of January 1986. Later there's a commercial for "The Deer Hunter" coming up on "Thursday", so this game likely aired earlier in the week than that. Beryl had earned $21,201 by this point, which was approximately half her winnings, and she headed into a single player FJ with $8600, so I pegged this as her 3rd show. (I think it has to be, right, given that she won $41,001 overall?) And since she had to have 5 games in a row available unentered in the archive, I just gave her the calendar week of January 27-31, and called this one January 29.

We start with clue #6, which is a Disney Daily Double, and a video one to boot. I've attached the photo at the end of this post. (Note to self, attach photo at the end of this post.) There are a lot of incorrect guesses in this game (16 by my count), hokey smokes. Most damaging was Alberto's true Daily Double (and then some; he was given an extra $200 to start the round on a judgment reversal.) at the beginning of DJ. At that point there were 2 players in the red, and from there it was Beryl's game.
1986-01-20_J_06.jpg
1986-01-20_J_06.jpg (30.73 KiB) Viewed 13106 times
Check it out. I can attach the pic right here. That's fun.

We had 2 clues with underlining in them, QUOTES for $400 and $600.

Players giving their own names as answers alert: For TV THEMES for $600 "Near You" was correctly identified as
Spoiler
Milton Berle's theme, "Berle" being a homophone for "Beryl", who had the correct response.
TV THEMES for $800 was one I didn't know, and the clue of the game will be TV THEMES for $1000, which is very guessable, more guessable than those other 2, I'd say.
$800: "3 Stars Will Shine Tonight" was this show's theme
$1000: This western's theme's little-known lyrics include "1 for 4, 4 for 1, this we guarantee"
Spoiler
$800: What is Dr. Kildare?
$1000: What is Bonanza?
I do wish we had FJ, of course, but this is a good episode to have. Lots going on.

Have a good night.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Thanks for getting the Beryl game in, Myron.

Julie Dock played Daniel Kim & Randy Woodland: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=5774

Player Pics:
Spoiler
Are both Today show chimps really still alive? Wow.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Nice job by Randy to get back into contention on what turned out to be the last clue before FJ.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Rick Cook played Randy Waite & Carol Reeve: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=5775

Player Pics:
Spoiler

My tape did not have the introductions so I got some of the missing information from another archivist and from the chat with Alex.

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/926229/

had this story mentioning Randy:

The wait is over for Randy Waite, the longtime "English teacher at Salina Central High School who put in an appearance on the "Jeopardy" TV game show. We had reported in this space that Randy was accepted for the show as a result of taking a test last summer while vacationing in Los Angeles. He and his wife flew there in late March to tape the show, in which contestants try to provide the right questions to a series of answers. The show is scheduled to be aired at 4:30 p.m. Thursday over Channel 12. How did Randy do? We can't tell you because Randy won't tell us. Contestants are instructed to tell no one in advance about how much they won—or didn't win—on the show.

I estimate I have about 30 or so regular play games left to archive and about the same number of partial games. S18 (not part of the previous total) is still unfinished with about 50 games. From September through June I'll archive when time allows and post here when I add something. As always my goal is to get at least one game in each month and posting that here in public helps me to achieve my goal.

For those still waiting for missing teen, college and senior games, their time will come, it's just not here yet.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

MarkBarrett wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:30 pm I estimate I have about 30 or so regular play games left to archive and about the same number of partial games. S18 (not part of the previous total) is still unfinished with about 50 games. From September through June I'll archive when time allows and post here when I add something. As always my goal is to get at least one game in each month and posting that here in public helps me to achieve my goal.

For those still waiting for missing teen, college and senior games, their time will come, it's just not here yet.
So after you've archived everything in your collection, how many missing episodes would we still need to find somewhere?
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

dhkendall wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:46 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:30 pm I estimate I have about 30 or so regular play games left to archive and about the same number of partial games. S18 (not part of the previous total) is still unfinished with about 50 games. From September through June I'll archive when time allows and post here when I add something. As always my goal is to get at least one game in each month and posting that here in public helps me to achieve my goal.

So after you've archived everything in your collection, how many missing episodes would we still need to find somewhere?
I don't have an easy answer.

The last game of S33 was #7585. Today I put in a game to get the count to 5775 . That difference is 1810. My estimate is 60-70 complete & partial regular play games I have. That gets the number down to let's say 1745. I don't know exactly where the special tournaments stand for what's currently in the Archive. 10 Seniors are 100 games. Some are in already. I know I'm missing 1989, but four of those are in. I feel fairly confident I have more than 80 of 90 for the non-1989 ones.

If missing Teen is 1987- 1996 that's another 100? I'd like to think I must have more than 90. For College it's 1989 - 1996 not in for 80 games? I'd very surprised if I'm under 70 of those and would expect to be even higher.

If I call it 280 in total and guess 30 are in already that's 250. I'm optimistic I have 225 of those.

Take 225 off the previously mentioned 1745 above to get 1520. Round down to 1500 games that won't be represented in the Archive.

It is what it is and I will do what I can on my part. There will be a point when no one has any more games to Archive and I would expect more than 1000 games to have no representation in the Archive. The lifesaver would be some station like Decades, BUZZR, GSN to pick up J! from S1 and move forward for 12 seasons from there. One can dream.

Finding a person from each game and offering them $170+ to contact the show and ask for a copy is not realistic. Hiring hackers to breach the shows from Sony's digital archive is illegal. Getting an insider employee to pilfer the missing games is illegal. Having some angel show up here at this point and say grandma taped the show everyday for years and what to do with the collection of tapes is fantasy land.

The Archive will never be complete, but each season the show continues the % of games that are archived will go up.
Jeff-thecdboy

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

Here's how many pre-1996 tournament episodes are fully archived so far:

TEEN
1987 - All 10!
1988 - All 10!
1989 - 8 (still missing quarterfinals #2 and #3)
1990 - All 10!
1991 - 1 (Semifinal #3, only the intros are in the rest of them so far)
1992 - All 10!
1993 - All 10!
1994 - 8 (still missing quarterfinal #1 and final #1)
1995 - 9 (still missing quarterfinal #1)
1996 - All 10!

SENIOR
1987 - All 10!
1988 - 8 (missing quarterfinal #5, semifinal #1 missing first 8 clues)
1989 - 5 (Quarterfinal #1, Quarterfinal #3 missing first segment, Semifinal #2, both finals)
1990 - 5 (All quarterfinal games are in)
1991 - 2 (Quarterfinal #1, Final #2)
1992 - 2 (Quarterfinal #1 and #3)
1993 - All 10!
1994 - 3 (Quarterfinals #1, #2, and #4)
1995-A - 3 (Quarterfinals #1, both finals)
1995-B - 3 (Semifinals #1 and #2, Finals #2)

COLLEGE
1989 - All 10!
1990 - All 10!
1991 - 9 (Finals #2 only has first 20 clues)
1992 - All 10!
1993 - All 10!
1994 - All 10!
1995 - All 10!
1996 - All 10!
Last edited by Jeff-thecdboy on Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

MarkBarrett wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:17 pmThe lifesaver would be some station like Decades, BUZZR, GSN to pick up J! from S1 and move forward for 12 seasons from there. One can dream.
I think at this point, the best dream would be Sony converting Crackle into a paid streaming service (akin to Disney's forthcoming offering) and adding the entire run of J!.
arjavrawal
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by arjavrawal »

I just wanted to commend you guys on the incredible work you all have done building this fantastic resource up. I use j-archive clues to study for quiz bowl, and it's been a big help. If there's any way I can support the work, monetarily or morally, please don't hesitate to ask.
Jeff-thecdboy

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

I saw Robair Mackey from the old ATGS forum has some 1993-94 season episodes documented with the intros mentioned, and here's some that I found so far by putting their names in the search box (source: http://groups.google.com/group/alt.tv.game-shows).

JANUARY 26, 1994
Ron Jenkins, an editorial proofreader from Hanover Park, Illinois
Diana Cobos, a high school Spanish teacher from St. Louis, Missouri
Andrew Zarutskie, whose 1-day cash winnings total $10,400

FEBRUARY 1, 1994 (Tom Nichols game 2)
Laurie Goldman, a whale researcher from Massachusetts
David Westmore, an attorney from Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Tom Nichols, whose 1-day cash winnings total $14,400

FEBRUARY 2, 1994 (Tom Nichols game 3)
Geoff Berman, a writer from Atlanta, Georgia
Judy Paullus, a computer programmer from Newbury Park, CA
Tom Nichols, whose 2-day cash winnings total $24,500

FEBRUARY 7, 1994
Martha Swartz, an associate director from Boston, Massachusetts
Dave Moxness, a data processor from Van Nuys, California
Bob Tzuditer, a writer from Boston, Massachusetts (whose 1-day winnings total $11,300)

FEBRUARY 10, 1994
Armand Kachigian, a podiatrist from Granite City, Illinois
David Kraut, a writer from Roosevelt Island, New York
Steve Touma, a teacher/law student from North Arlington, New Jersey (winnings unknown)

FEBRUARY 11, 1994
Tina Kaidanov, a Ph.D. candidate from Lutherville, Maryland
Hanson Yoo, an insurance adjuster from Seoul, Korea
David Kraut, whose 1-day cash winnings total $7,801

FEBRUARY 16, 1994 (1994 Teen Tournament Quarterfinal #3)
Matt Morris (the final game's been archived)
Alice Handley, from California
Jesse Alfort, from Oberlin Park, Kansas

FEBRUARY 17, 1994 (1994 Teen Tournament Quarterfinal #4)
Jonathan Zimmerman, from New York City, New York
Felicia Wu, from Warminster, Pennsylvania
Jeremy Manta, from Boca Raton, Florida

FEBRUARY 18, 1994 (1994 Teen Tournament Quarterfinal #5)
Peter Steffen (the final game's been archived)
Rebecca Sinderbrand, from Brooklyn, New York
E.J. Sieracki, from Canton, Michigan

FEBRUARY 21, 1994 (1994 Teen Tournament Semifinal #1)
Jeremy Manta
Dorothy Thompson
Peter Steffen

MARCH 3, 1994 (Fred Frank game 1)
Richard Cleary, an attorney from Los Angeles, California
Fred Frank, a painter from San Francisco, California
Fiona Power, a registered nurse from South Boston, Massachusetts (whose 1-day winnings total $2,198)

MARCH 4, 1994 (Fred Frank game 2)
Paul Koester, a computer operator from Wichita, Kansas
Debbie Smith, a Ph.D. candidate from Indianapolis, Indiana
Fred Frank, whose 1-day cash winnings total $11,800

MARCH 11, 1994 (Amy Fine game 1)
Amy Fine, a housewife from Potomac, Maryland
Josh Olesker, a lab manager from New York City, New York
Olivia Hingston-Reich, a teacher from Cleveland, Ohio (whose 1-day winnings total $12,701)

MARCH 18, 1994
Steve Nickerson, a contracts analyst from Alamo, California
Paul Johnson, a naval attorney from Fairfax, Virginia
David Jacobs, an attorney from Chicago, Illinois (whose 1-day winnings total $13,600)

APRIL 1, 1994
Russell McConnell, an actor from Los Angeles, California
Geoff Rice, a physician from St. Louis, Missouri
Matt Dickey, a computer programmer from San Diego, California (whose 1-day winnings total $13,100)

APRIL 7, 1994
Anne Fescharek, a housewife from Brielle, New Jersey
Dean Cohan, a computer trainer from Madison, Wisconsin
Sandy Zusmann, a customer marketing manager from Atlanta, Georgia (whose 1-day winnings total $8,801)

APRIL 11, 1994
Alan Newman, an episcopal priest from Bronx, New York
Ruth Breckinridge, a programming analyst from Wayne, New Jersey
Al Thomas, a postal service technician from New York City, New York (whose 1-day winnings total $12,700)

APRIL 12, 1994
John O'Brien, a contract specialist from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
David Stewart, a songwriter from Brooklyn, New York
Alan Newman, whose 1-day cash winnings total $8,200

APRIL 14, 1994
Melinda Chatain, a freelance writer from Aragansett, New York
Joe Reinhard, a receiving clerk from Union, New Jersey
David Stewart, whose 2-day cash winnings total $19,800

APRIL 15, 1994
Kevin Moran, a book pub exec from Astoria, Queens, New York
Jim Thompson, a grad student from Charlotte, North Carolina
Joe Reinhard, whose 1-day cash winnings total $11,100

APRIL 18, 1994
Dan Carmody, a law student from Baltimore, Maryland
Ruth Bargy, a writer from Randolph, New York
Kevin Moran, whose 1-day cash winnings total $13,000

APRIL 19, 1994
Mike Laser, a writer from New York City, New York
Ruth Bargy, whose 1-day cash winnings total $8,800
Kevin Moran, whose 2-day cash winnings total $21,800

APRIL 20, 1994
Margaret Beyer, an interior designer from Richmond, Virginia
John Hunt (his third game's been archived)
Ruth Bargy, whose 2-day cash winnings total $15,599

APRIL 21, 1994
Rich Pearlman, a public relations specialist from Berkeley, California
Jake Fetters, a biochemistry student from Salinas, California
John Hunt, whose 1-day cash winnings total $11,400

APRIL 25, 1994
Mary Campbell, a teacher from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Wayne Turmel, a comedian/writer from Vancouver, British Columbia
John Hunt, whose 3-day cash winnings total $37,601

APRIL 26, 1994
Mark Sydel, a teacher for the deaf from Brooklyn, New York
Jack Penca, a lawyer from Colchester, Vermont
Mary Campbell, whose 1-day winnings total $10,405

APRIL 28, 1994
Kevin Smith, an archaeologist from Williamsville, New York
Liz Forsch, an electronics technician from Congers, New York
Edwin Gulley, a consultant from Atlanta, Georgia (whose 1-day winnings total $12,700)

APRIL 29, 1994
Chris Goheen, a chemical engineer from Champaign, Illinois
Paul Volpe, a clerk from Buffalo, New York
Liz Forsch, whose 1-day cash winnings total $17,395

MAY 3, 1994 (1994 College Quarterfinal #2)
Sarah Jane Whitten, from University of Texas-Dallas
Mark Rooney, a freshman from University of Missouri
Maggie Bandur, a sophomore from Northwestern Baltimore County

MAY 4, 1994 (1994 College Quarterfinal #3)
Martin Poteralski, a senior from Georgia Tech
Elizabeth Lizotte, a senior at Simpson College
Dave Goldsmith, a senior from Colgate

MAY 5, 1994 (1994 College Quarterfinal #4)
Shawn Wrobel, a freshman at Stanford
Benoy Chacko, a sophomore at Michigan
Kristin Brewe, a senior at Minnesota

MAY 6, 1994 (1994 College Quarterfinal #5)
Matt Stone, a junior at Illinois
Jeff Stewart, a senior at Brigham Young
Keri Ellis, a senior at Michigan Tech

MAY 9, 1994 (1994 College Semifinal #1)
Keri Ellis
Martin Poteralski
Sarah Jane Whitten

MAY 10, 1994 (1994 College Semifinal #2)
Kristin Brewe
Brooke Gallagher
Dave Goldsmith

MAY 11, 1994 (1994 College Semifinal #3)
Jeff Stewart
Elizabeth Lizotte
Brian Johnson

MAY 12 and 13, 1994 (both 1994 College finals games)
Jeff Stewart
Dave Goldsmith
Keri Ellis

MAY 16, 1994
Lauren Krohn, a medical technician from Washington, DC
Erhard Konerding, a librarian from Middletown, Connecticut
Chris Goheen, whose 1-day cash winnings total $11,900

MAY 17, 1994
Mark Bartos, a landscaper from McKinley, Illinois
Jan Krause, a homemaker from Nottingham, Pennsylvania
Erhard Konerding, whose 1-day cash winnings total $6,002

MAY 18, 1994
Rosemary Denko, a gardening business exec from Sparrow Beach, New York
John Raymond, an economic development coordinator from Claremont, California
Mark Bartos, whose 1-day cash winnings total $12,801

MAY 19, 1994
Pat Allen (her third game's been archived)
Dan Terlinder, a computer artist from Long Beach, California
Mark Bartos, whose 2-day cash winnings total $16,602

MAY 20, 1994
Dennis Maxson, a private investigator from Studio City, California
Mike Hambley, an attorney from Burlington, Vermont
Pat Allen, whose 1-day cash winnings total $8,800

MAY 24, 1994
Allan Kandler, a banker from New York City, New York
Bob Daly, a professor from Doylestown, Ohio
Larry Shackley, whose 1-day cash winnings total $11,200

MAY 25, 1994
Pam Sink-Plemitscher, a homemaker from San Pedro, California
Kevin Olmstead, an environment engineer planner from Ann Arbor, Michigan
Larry Shackley, whose 2-day cash winnings total $17,900

MAY 26, 1994
Neil Kleinborn, a jeweler from Northbrook, Illinois
Karen O'Callaghan, a foreign relations communicator from Brooklyn, New York
Kevin Olmstead, whose 1-day cash winnings total $11,500

MAY 27, 1994
Dave Maley, a PR specialist from Ithaca, New York
John Evans-Klock, a planner budget examiner from Arlington, Virginia
Kevin Olmstead, whose 2-day cash winnings total $25,901

JUNE 3, 1994
Ellen Scordato, a managing editor from New York City, New York
Johann Koren, a librarian from Edinburgh, Scotland
Cris Zeak, a substitute teacher from Point Pleasant, New Jersey (whose 1-day winnings total $3,000)

JUNE 6, 1994
Bob Majeska, a research scientist from Danbury, Connecticut
Chuck Wilde, an engineer from Chicago, Illinois
Cris Zeak, whose 2-day cash winnings total $15,000

JUNE 7, 1994
Roberta Maguire, a substitute teacher from New York City, New York
Dan Loney, a grad student from Iowa City, Iowa
Bob Majeska, whose 1-day cash winnings total $9,799

JUNE 8, 1994
Tim Calaway, a management analyst from Anchorage, Alaska
Stefan Sharkansky, a computer consultant from Madison, Wisconsin
Bob Majeska, whose 2-day cash winnings total $16,299

JUNE 9, 1994
Lee Hill, a manager from Santa Cruz, California
Betty Waznis, a librarian from San Diego, California
Bob Majeska, whose 3-day cash winnings total $22,499

JUNE 10, 1994
Kim Story, an actor and singer from Memphis, Tennessee
Mike Stewart, a computer sales exec from El Cerito, California
Bob Majeska, whose 4-day cash winnings total $33,300

JUNE 13, 1994
Stephen Slovansky, a librarian from Bridgeport, Connecticut
Mary Hetherington, a social worker from Cambridge, Massachusetts
Mike Stewart, whose 1-day cash winnings total $19,100

JUNE 15, 1994
Ann Grener, a retired naval officer from Columbus, Ohio
Roger Solberg, a professor from Edinboro, Pennsylvania
Richard Showstack, a writer from Newport Beach, California (whose 1-day winnings total $12,500)

JUNE 17, 1994
Warren Gray, an attorney from Severn, Maryland
Tom Dreulinger, a financial analyst from East Aurora, New York
Roger Solberg, whose 2-day cash winnings total $18,899
Last edited by Jeff-thecdboy on Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Jeff-thecdboy

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

Also, Animfan1 has posted the July 17, 2002 (only the intro is archived so far) episode on Dailymotion:

MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

Nice work Jeff. You uncovered way more of those than I ever could. If you feel like updating your list, "2/10/94 update" brings up another one, and Kevin Olmstead's 3rd game is there too (search on his name). Well done.

I'd disagree on "not much else", though, considering most games have the categories and the DDs and FJ available. It's nice that Robair's work can still be remembered.
Jeff-thecdboy

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

Yes, I just got the May 27, 1994 episode in the last update. Also, the J-Archive states that the final 1994 Teen episode aired on Feb. 18th, while Robair Mackey states it aired on Feb. 25th. I don't know which source is the correct one.

Also, Robair did not state who actually found the Daily Doubles in his recaps.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

Jeff-thecdboy wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:21 pm Yes, I just got the May 27, 1994 episode in the last update. Also, the J-Archive states that the final 1994 Teen episode aired on Feb. 18th, while Robair Mackey states it aired on Feb. 25th. I don't know which source is the correct one.
He has Feb. 21 as a regular season game, so his date for the Teen Tourney might be a typo. His dates for Tom Nichols match ours.
Also, Robair did not state who actually found the Daily Doubles in his recaps.
Fair point. He'd add that info in later Updates, but you're right, it does not appear here. I think these updates were slightly before my time on alt.tv.game-shows. I remember the later ones with the fancier formatting though.
Last edited by MinnesotaMyron on Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.