New old games in the J! Archive

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, econgator, dhkendall, trainman

Ivoryface86
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: New old games in the J! Archive

Post by Ivoryface86 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:59 am

Now Mark, you labelled Joel Nathanson's 2nd game as Show #564, but after Show #562 got uploaded on YouTube originally, you realized that episode is mislabled, you should move the whole thing to Show #563 since that episode had the DJ! round appearing in the monitors coming out of the commercial break. Same can be said about what's really Show #566, which also had the DJ! round logo appearing in the monitors. If I've gone with Trevor(animfan) on these, the aforementioned episodes were aired on January 28 and February 2, 1987 respectively, both of which did appear on GSN but neither one of them aired on the weekend rotation.

MarkBarrett
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MarkBarrett » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:21 am

Ivoryface86 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:59 am
Now Mark, you labelled Joel Nathanson's 2nd game as Show #564, but after Show #562 got uploaded on YouTube originally, you realized that episode is mislabled, you should move the whole thing to Show #563 since that episode had the DJ! round appearing in the monitors coming out of the commercial break. Same can be said about what's really Show #566, which also had the DJ! round logo appearing in the monitors. If I've gone with Trevor(animfan) on these, the aforementioned episodes were aired on January 28 and February 2, 1987 respectively, both of which did appear on GSN but neither one of them aired on the weekend rotation.
If I am understanding all of this correctly:

#562 Joel Nathanson #1 on 2/3/87 is right?
It's the three games in the Archive that follow that one that need to be moved accordingly?

I've shifted Joel Nathanson #2 and #4 along with Mary Hammond #2 to have the Archive with 2/3, 2/4, 2/6 and 2/9/87.

Doogie2K
Contributor

Post by Doogie2K » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:37 pm

Because someone mentioned the birthday game earlier in the thread, I looked and was chuffed to bits that mine was in there, too. Though in looking at it now, this might not be the first time I've gone looking for it, as a lot of those clues are looking pretty familiar now.

I'm amused that the very first FJ! comes back with a vengeance here; I wonder how many times they hit people with that weird "gotcha" detail before dropping it. I was also struck by the "barring the unforeseen" note and wondering what they could be thinking of. I guess the threat of some existential crisis for the United States was still fairly strong in 1986, as compared to most of the rest of my life.