2022 Current Events Discussion Thread

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, econgator, dhkendall, trainman

Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

2022 Current Events Discussion Thread

Post by Volante »

*starts making popcorn*
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): I, Tonya (7), Despicable Me 2 (6), Despicable Me 3 (5), Downsizing (5)
cinemaniax7
Humble Pi

Re: 2022 Current Events Discussion Thread

Post by cinemaniax7 »

CBS Sports: Washington Football Team announces when it will reveal new team name

The Team Formerly Known as the Redskins plans to reveal its new team name on February 2. Is the timing of the Groundhog Day announcement an early indication that the team has settled on Red Hogs as its new brand? Whether it is or isn't, who wouldn't like to see the team hold the exact same press conference the following day?
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

I've seen Wordle compared to Mastermind various times at this point, and I don't think it's quite apt. After you make a guess in Mastermind, you're told *how many* pegs you have right (or right but in the wrong spot), but not *which* pegs. Wordle's feedback is more direct, specifying letters in the right place and letters in the word but the wrong place.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

seaborgium wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:13 pm I've seen Wordle compared to Mastermind various times at this point, and I don't think it's quite apt. After you make a guess in Mastermind, you're told *how many* pegs you have right (or right but in the wrong spot), but not *which* pegs. Wordle's feedback is more direct, specifying letters in the right place and letters in the word but the wrong place.
Maybe I was just playing wrong, but when I played Word Mastermind, we always had the pegs correspond to the letters.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

I'm a little disappointed at the universe, showing how useful the separate RIP thread is from current events...
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): I, Tonya (7), Despicable Me 2 (6), Despicable Me 3 (5), Downsizing (5)