Thursday, January 13, 2022 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, econgator, dhkendall, trainman

Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Re: Thursday, January 13, 2022 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by Linear Gnome »

alietr wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:38 am Box score is in (for those who don't usually go back to the first page of the thread).
This is a cool new feature. One teeny-tiny nitpick that I would make is to put a $0 wager in FJ! in red when the player gave an incorrect response. I don't see any down side to that.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:23 pm So what was the tipoff for this anyway? I've looked over and over everything and I don't see anything connecting Hugo to guillotines, nor any way to connect him.
1840s + France + law + vengeance

If you recall that the guillotine was in common use during the French Revolution (1792-4) and the Reign of Terror, then it makes a reasonable guess, especially since I’ll hazard that few of us knew the quote outright.
pacdude

Post by pacdude »

triviawayne wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:12 am Cory can confirm what the thought process of a player might be going into that situation, but I know if it were me, I would become more aggressive on the buzzer than I might be against a more normal player; meaning I would take more chances when I think I might know the answer instead of maybe holding back so as not to have too many wrong answers in a game.
That's exactly what I did. Once the buzzer clicked for me (after the first break) if I thought I could surmise the answer in 5 seconds, I'd buzz in. Didn't work because I surmised incorrectly a lot lmao
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

pacdude wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:15 am
triviawayne wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:12 am Cory can confirm what the thought process of a player might be going into that situation, but I know if it were me, I would become more aggressive on the buzzer than I might be against a more normal player; meaning I would take more chances when I think I might know the answer instead of maybe holding back so as not to have too many wrong answers in a game.
That's exactly what I did. Once the buzzer clicked for me (after the first break) if I thought I could surmise the answer in 5 seconds, I'd buzz in. Didn't work because I surmised incorrectly a lot lmao
When you're in that position you don't have much choice but to swing for the fences.