LL93 private rundle - all comers welcome

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

twelvefootboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

LL93 private rundle - all comers welcome

Post by twelvefootboy »

Once again, the deadline to form and join private rundles has sneaked up on me. LL92 alumni have been pinged by PM.

If you ain't got a better offer, then come join us. It's usually about 5-6 boardies and 4 of the twelvefootclan as cannon fodder. We aren't trivia junkies, just normal schmoes that enjoy lifelong learning. LL is great because Thorsten can pull clues from everyday life and is not as dependent on trivia staples and Pavlovs. It would be great if any other players have friend or family connections to jump in also. I haven't been as attentive to game recaps and commiserating the last few seasons. Retirement from the day job means less time frittered online during office hours :lol:.

We don't care if you are A or E rundle. Everybody gets a participation medal.

Deadline is Thursday May 12. You need to have the Premier ($50) membership. (Since the regular membership is going up to $35, then it's just a $15 bump. Some of the other perks are worth that imho).

Credentials:
Jboardhavoc93
AlexTrebek

Ping me if any questions/concerns.
tfb
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Re: LL93 private rundle - all comers welcome

Post by trainman »

My normal private rundle is taking a season off, so I'm in.
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

trainman wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:10 am My normal private rundle is taking a season off, so I'm in.
What a nice surprise! If any cohorts want to make guest appearances, bring them on! With our handicap system, everybody wins 8-) .
mahatma

Post by mahatma »

Just signed up. This might be the first time I remembered that the rundle name is case sensitive.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

I'm in. Well, sort of. I'm currently the odd LLama out, but hopefully at least one more of you fine folks decides to enter the fray.
Sprinkles are for winners.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Is this gonna be bizarro mode again?
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

morbeedo wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:33 pm Is this gonna be bizarro mode again?
What answer do you want to hear ;).

I waited too long to plan anything for this round. The idea of Bizarro ruleswas to make E and D players competitive with A's and B's, but by executive fiat we all get first prize trophies this season :). I was curious about how difficult it is to tank, and it seems to follow the same curve as not tanking.

We still have 8 days until the season start from now (6 days after reg. deadline). Anybody has an idea let me know. I'm willing to process the scoring if some of the group wants to give it a go. I'll try to actually keep it on a more timely basis. KerryOakie and NoWhammies10 are excellent at Bizarro mode. Whatever wrinkle we add will just be elective participation - I only ask that you play the same style all season in case our Krakens are trying for for a 50 point season.
mahatma

Post by mahatma »

I never saw the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, so instead of a Kraken, I will be a squid.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Bizarro mode was kinda fun but I’m going to pass on the private rundle this season. Just trying to keep things a little bit simpler these days :)

May the best bizzaro-llama win!
mahatma

Post by mahatma »

Maybe our Bizarro scoring could just be standings based on most points against, instead of limiting it to the 3-pointers? Scorekeeping/standings would be easier, certainly.
twelvefootboy

last call with odd man out with 12 hours to go..Re: LL93 private rundle - all comers welcome

Post by twelvefootboy »

mahatma wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:46 pm Maybe our Bizarro scoring could just be standings based on most points against, instead of limiting it to the 3-pointers? Scorekeeping/standings would be easier, certainly.
Sounds good to me :). I think that was my second tiebreaker from before, after length of streak. I'll send a PM soon with the proposition. It seems like a good equalizer - you won't have the advantage of all the beers we get dumped on us from the squids and krakens :lol: .

Participation is voluntary, and it doesn't matter if your opponent du jour is playing it or not.

We have an odd man out at present (12 hours to deadline), but he doesn't mind as long as the boardies get in. Just saying we have a seat for #14 if anyone wants to take a walk on the tank side.
twelvefootboy

last call with odd man out with 12 hours to go..Re: LL93 private rundle - all comers welcome

Post by twelvefootboy »

mahatma wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:46 pm Maybe our Bizarro scoring could just be standings based on most points against, instead of limiting it to the 3-pointers? Scorekeeping/standings would be easier, certainly.
Sounds good to me :). I think that was my second tiebreaker from before, after length of streak. I'll send a PM soon with the proposition. It seems like a good equalizer - you won't have the advantage of all the beers we get dumped on us from the squids and krakens :lol: .

Participation is voluntary, and it doesn't matter if your opponent du jour is playing it or not.

We have an odd man out at present (12 hours to deadline), but he doesn't mind as long as the boardies get in. Just saying we have a seat for #14 if anyone wants to take a walk on the tank side.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Schedules are posted
Total game show career losings = $171,522
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

PM's were sent by LL and Jboard handles declaring tank time. mahatma and twelvefootboy are in, we'll see how many TPA we can give up.
We have 4 A's, 1 B, 1 C, 1 D, and 5 E rundlers. Who can fail the best?

eta: the nice thing about mahatma's suggestion is that Thorsten gives us all the stats. Click on the TPA, and you see where you are at. We may include DE, UfPA as a Triple Crown achievement.

somebody may want to start a LL93 thread. Hope everybody punches above their weight this season.