LL Season 93

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

LL Season 93

Post by econgator »

Discuss
DysonSphere
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: LL Season 93

Post by DysonSphere »

First LL here and I am very excited! Still in whatever the newbies rundle is called.
Last edited by DysonSphere on Mon May 16, 2022 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

econgator wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:26 pmDiscuss
...but not until a given round is over and all scored.
I'm smart and I want respect.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

DysonSphere wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:42 am First LL here and I am very excited! Still in whatever the newbies rundle is called. [snip]
Please don't talk about anything relating to a live match day until the scores have been released. I haven't played yet and I don't want any hints as to anything about today's questions. I'm sure many others are in the same position. Thank you.
DysonSphere

Post by DysonSphere »

Hmmm. It seems we aren't allowed to talk about...basically anything. Apologies. No intention to offend.
MasterCone
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by MasterCone »

This is my second season. I got promoted to B and now awaiting the inevitable slaughters to come.
mahatma

Post by mahatma »

DysonSphere wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:20 am Hmmm. It seems we aren't allowed to talk about...basically anything. Apologies. No intention to offend.
I don't think you said anything out of order.

Some people get LL mixed up with Fight Club. It's a whole thing. There's soap involved.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

mahatma wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:21 am
DysonSphere wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:20 am Hmmm. It seems we aren't allowed to talk about...basically anything. Apologies. No intention to offend.

Some people get LL mixed up with Fight Club. It's a whole thing. There's soap involved.
it was edited, there may have been something
Total game show career losings = $171,522
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

triviawayne wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:35 am
mahatma wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:21 am

it was edited, there may have been something
I'll be back tomorrow with my thoughts on MD1!
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

To be clear, no discussion of active questions is allowed. You can’t say how many you got right or if you thought they were hard or easy. Once results are posted on the LL site, you can post here about them.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Good luck everyone! My MD1 opponent is FrankJ. Seems like he's had my number the last few seasons, so we'll see...
mahatma

Post by mahatma »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:12 pm Good luck everyone! My MD1 opponent is FrankJ. Seems like he's had my number the last few seasons, so we'll see...
Might as well get the heavy hitters out of the way early...Good luck!
countyguy
Vacuously Undefeated on J!

Post by countyguy »

MasterCone wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:24 am This is my second season. I got promoted to B and now awaiting the inevitable slaughters to come.
If you’re who I think you are, you got 117 TCA last season, getting a higher percentage of the questions than all but 7 A Rundles. You’re being too hard on yourself.
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

DysonSphere wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:42 am First LL here and I am very excited! Still in whatever the newbies rundle is called.
Another rookie here (thanks to our mutual friend TFB) and anticipating an interesting season. Just finished my first submission and looking forward to the discussions to come.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
sarisson

Post by sarisson »

BigDaddyMatty on MD1. Yikes.
(Although I tied BlishS on MD1 a couple years ago, so anything's possible.)
Hoping for a third lap
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

*shakes fist* Coachella!!

...I thought it was a science question, like, monarch butterflies or something. And let's be honest, even if I -did- research that FJ fully, I still wouldn't mentally rate a music festival as 'most notably' :lol:

My first loss due to defense in over a season...auspicious.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Shadows (5), Foxy Brown (7), Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6)
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Volante wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:49 am *shakes fist* Coachella!!

...I thought it was a science question, like, monarch butterflies or something. And let's be honest, even if I -did- research that FJ fully, I still wouldn't mentally rate a music festival as 'most notably' :lol:

I got the FJ quickly, missed this one.

I think if I bothered to "do the math" of the three years, it would've led me to thinking about a COVID related cancellation, and I went the butterfly route while wondering why they didn't show up for three years.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

triviawayne wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:13 am
Volante wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:49 am *shakes fist* Coachella!!

I got the FJ quickly, missed this one.

I think if I bothered to "do the math" of the three years, it would've led me to thinking about a COVID related cancellation, and I went the butterfly route while wondering why they didn't show up for three years.
lol I had monarchs down, but then keyed in on the specific date and got to pandemic shutdowns – and with that, locked in my first 9(6) on MD1 in 22 seasons!

I figured ennui would play hard, but then I noticed it had to rhyme with sea - gave it a 3 and my opponent did indeed get it, only missing Grenada (seriously?)
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

morbeedo wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:48 am I figured ennui would play hard, but then I noticed it had to rhyme with sea - gave it a 3 and my opponent did indeed get it, only missing Grenada (seriously?)
I got the rhyme trick, but best I could come up with was 'glee'
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Shadows (5), Foxy Brown (7), Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6)
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Volante wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:37 am
morbeedo wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:48 am I figured ennui would play hard, but then I noticed it had to rhyme with sea - gave it a 3 and my opponent did indeed get it, only missing Grenada (seriously?)
I got the rhyme trick, but best I could come up with was 'glee'
Ah. I have the book so it was a gimme