LL Season 93

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Blue Lion
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: LL Season 93

Post by Blue Lion »

triviawayne wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:34 am Almost went for what I thought might be MCA of Pontiac because of the Phoenix and Bonneville, but with the wording "are also models of vehicles manufactured by what automaker", and thinking route 10 wouldn't be required for the drive, it seemed like TA was looking for current vehicles.

Took me a while to remember the Tucson, then Santa Fe was easy.
The morning after the Santa Fe/Tucson question came up, I was listening to sports talk radio, and one of the commercials was for those SUVs. Grr.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Blue Lion wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:00 am
triviawayne wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:34 am Almost went for what I thought might be MCA of Pontiac because of the Phoenix and Bonneville, but with the wording "are also models of vehicles manufactured by what automaker", and thinking route 10 wouldn't be required for the drive, it seemed like TA was looking for current vehicles.

The morning after the Santa Fe/Tucson question came up, I was listening to sports talk radio, and one of the commercials was for those SUVs. Grr.
after I submitted, I saw a Tuscon parked on the street while walking around outside on my afternoon break at work.

After immediately coming up with Pontiac and doubting it to be correct, I tried thinking of other car models at first, then figured it would be easier to name southwest cities until something clicked. I didn't really know where I-25 was, so that wasn't helpful.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Sherm

Post by Sherm »

I own a Santa Fe. It helped. A LOT.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

triviawayne wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:33 am
Blue Lion wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:00 am

after I submitted, I saw a Tuscon parked on the street while walking around outside on my afternoon break at work.

After immediately coming up with Pontiac and doubting it to be correct, I tried thinking of other car models at first, then figured it would be easier to name southwest cities until something clicked. I didn't really know where I-25 was, so that wasn't helpful.
I wasn't sure where 25 was either, but when I visited AZ a few years ago, I drove 1-10 from Phoenix to Tucson, so that got me the Tucson part of it. Santa Fe was pretty easy after that.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Midseason Classic for LL work on a Saturday
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

I did well on the Midseason Classic and my score was counted for my league. I got nine right and was very happy with Thorsten's leniency in accepting "Little Caesars" for Q8.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:21 pm I did well on the Midseason Classic and my score was counted for my league. I got nine right and was very happy with Thorsten's leniency in accepting "Little Caesars" for Q8.
I did well enough on the Midseason Classic and my score was counted for my league. I got six right and did not need Thorsten's leniency since I had Little Caesar monied for Q8.
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

I thought I'd got 10 of 12 but I see I'm credited for nine. I have a bad feeling I forgot to write "declined" in front of "Nobel Prize for Literature". Sorry, team. Otherwise, I missed with Papua New Guinea (Australia being "too obvious") and epinephrine.
I'm smart and I want respect.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

Lefty wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:15 pm I thought I'd got 10 of 12 but I see I'm credited for nine. I have a bad feeling I forgot to write "declined" in front of "Nobel Prize for Literature". Sorry, team. Otherwise, I missed with Papua New Guinea (Australia being "too obvious") and epinephrine.
You can check the "Me" tab on the right side of the scoreboard and it will show you what you submitted. If you didn't put "literature" you were also counted wrong.
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:22 pm
Lefty wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:15 pm I thought I'd got 10 of 12 but I see I'm credited for nine. I have a bad feeling I forgot to write "declined" in front of "Nobel Prize for Literature". Sorry, team. Otherwise, I missed with Papua New Guinea (Australia being "too obvious") and epinephrine.
You can check the "Me" tab on the right side of the scoreboard and it will show you what you submitted. If you didn't put "literature" you were also counted wrong.
Thanks, it went down as I'd feared. I knew I'd included "for Literature" because I'd actually taken the trouble to capitalize as I thought most fit.
I'm smart and I want respect.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

I had 'posthumous' instead of 'declined'. I mean, it's kinda like declining it ...

Not that it mattered; it was a crappy one for me. I only had sloth, Warren, ketch, and wildcat and didn't money two of those.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Hot dang, forgot to check my score. Best I've ever done on a Midseason: first Top 5% in all of my 26 seasons.

This does remind me to look up a video on the rules of croquet though because after trying to read the Wiki about it I came away more confused. Apparently it's more than hitting balls through hoops with flamingos...
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Shadows (5), Foxy Brown (7), Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6)
mahatma

Post by mahatma »

Volante wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:40 pm Hot dang, forgot to check my score. Best I've ever done on a Midseason: first Top 5% in all of my 26 seasons.

This does remind me to look up a video on the rules of croquet though because after trying to read the Wiki about it I came away more confused. Apparently it's more than hitting balls through hoops with flamingos...
Balls are only what you use if the hedgehogs run away.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

96th % and top score in my league despite the demotion. Croquet was pretty lucky; I came up with a sport that starts with a C.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Just 7 correct but 92% and scored for Taiga in 5th position

No doubt what he was going for on the Nobel question — not with the Gurnah qualifier
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

morbeedo wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:28 pm Just 7 correct but 92% and scored for Taiga in 5th position

No doubt what he was going for on the Nobel question — not with the Gurnah qualifier
I put "refused Nobel prize", but didn't specify Literature and didn't expect to need to. The question seemed misdirected enough.

I got 5 others right and moneyed them all for 256 points. I guessed "skiff" for the boat and chess for the "dead board" (I've seen displays of captured pieces I think). Shout out to MItch Hedburg for the visuals of the "club" sandwich - I always see them cut into four triangles with potato chips in the center :lol:.

My score counted in 2nd place of Taiga E and so did 2 others from the prestigious morbeedo branch. Taiga was 11th overall, which is one of the highest finishes for a while.
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

twelvefootboy wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:29 pm My score counted in 2nd place of Taiga E and so did 2 others from the prestigious morbeedo branch. Taiga was 11th overall, which is one of the highest finishes for a while.
LOL. Well done! Despite my noteworthy performance in this ODC, I'm currently sitting in 27th place of 28 players in A Taiga — yikes!
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Oof...one day the windshield, the next, the bug...
(0(1))
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Shadows (5), Foxy Brown (7), Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6)
georgespelvin
The Charlie Brown of Jeopardy Auditions

Post by georgespelvin »

For "In a beloved book and television series, Edward is #2, Henry is #3, Gordon is #4, James is #5, Percy is #6, and Toby is #7. Who is #1?" I responded "You are Number Six!"

I still don't know what the book and television series asked about is.
I used to be AWSOP but wanted to be more theatrical.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

georgespelvin wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:43 am For "In a beloved book and television series, Edward is #2, Henry is #3, Gordon is #4, James is #5, Percy is #6, and Toby is #7. Who is #1?" I responded "You are Number Six!"
My 4 year old granddaughter got this one instantly (I had already answered).