Primetime Celebrity Jeopardy!

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Re: Primetime Celebrity Jeopardy!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

Only on account of villainy!
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

What will me ears do without getting to hear Leslie Jones yell at shoppers anymore? :)
Anachronism

Post by Anachronism »

When asked for clarification, as in if it should not be gathered from this omission that Bialik is not hosting, Erwich responded: “Correct.”
Translation: When asked to commit to hosting this infamous mockery of the Jeopardy concept, Bialik replied, "despite appearances to the contrary if you've ever seen an episode of Call me Kat, I have one tiny modicum of dignity and absolutely refuse to participate. Perhaps Alec Baldwin is available if you wish to begin shooting immediately."
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Anachronism wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:34 pm
When asked for clarification, as in if it should not be gathered from this omission that Bialik is not hosting, Erwich responded: “Correct.”
Translation: When asked to commit to hosting this infamous mockery of the Jeopardy concept, Bialik replied, "despite appearances to the contrary if you've ever seen an episode of Call me Kat, I have one tiny modicum of dignity and absolutely refuse to participate. Perhaps Alec Baldwin is available if you wish to begin shooting immediately."
Translation: Anachronism had (understandable) trouble parsing the double negative in the excerpt quoted.
Anachronism

Post by Anachronism »

seaborgium wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:36 pm
Translation: Anachronism had (understandable) trouble parsing the double negative in the excerpt quoted.
I think I parsed it correctly. Though omission makes it a triple-negative, in a sense. They want it for the fall. They need to prepare now, since taping will begin soon and everything takes longer with the celebrities. They want her to host and she hasn't committed. I used some poetic license on the rest.
DBear
Denier of Pop Culture

Post by DBear »

and J!'s death spiral continues... :roll:
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

DBear wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:31 pm and J!'s death spiral continues... :roll:
will only be a death spiral of prime time J, syndicated J will be just fine.

One thing I haven't seen in the places I bothered to look, and I didn't look at the links above, is how many episodes? I don't see this being on all season.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

triviawayne wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:47 pm
DBear wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:31 pm and J!'s death spiral continues... :roll:
will only be a death spiral of prime time J, syndicated J will be just fine.

One thing I haven't seen in the places I bothered to look, and I didn't look at the links above, is how many episodes? I don't see this being on all season.
WoF was 8 in S1 and 13 in S2. S1 was Jan - Mar. and S2 was Sept. into end of Jan. the following year.

Celeb. J! may go in the middle with 10 eps. since ABC can't be sure how it will go over. Right, it will not go from Sept. 2022 - May 2023.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

A really bad omen is it is going up against Sunday night football.
Armandillo

Post by Armandillo »

Just because you don't like a show, doesn't make it bad. I happen to find her sitcom light and charming.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Armandillo wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:25 pm
Just because you don't like a show, doesn't make it bad. I happen to find her sitcom light and charming.
And it's been renewed for another season, so I guess enough others do, too.

Also, good that this Celebrity version is on Sunday at 8. That makes it very easy to hard-pass on.
Anachronism

Post by Anachronism »

econgator wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm
Armandillo wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:25 pm
And it's been renewed for another season, so I guess enough others do, too.
Sure, It averages less than two million viewers per new episode and scores a 0.3 in the demo. I guess that's enough these days - it's been a while, so what seems like all-time bad ratings could be the norm these days. Blossom averaged about 12 million viewers per episode during its run and was in the coveted top 30 for the season only once.

My intent wasn't to say it was a bad show, though I didn't enjoy the episode I watched enough to try it again. To me, I felt it was undignified. But, again, just an opinion. Give me that kind of money, and I'd certainly play undignified, too. Mostly, I was just expressing my feelings about Mike Davies and the direction of the show. Which probably no one wants to hear right now. I feel like writing an item like TPH's, but I haven't contributed enough to the discussion over the years to warrant that, and I still watch because it's a habit with my wife and I.
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

triviawayne wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:55 pm A really bad omen is it is going up against Sunday night football.
ABC needs something to counter-program against football, and this is relatively inexpensive to produce.
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

OntarioQuizzer wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:19 pm
triviawayne wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:55 pm A really bad omen is it is going up against Sunday night football.
ABC needs something to counter-program against football, and this is relatively inexpensive to produce.
Just because ABC needs to counter-program, doesn't make it good for Jeopardy. No matter what is put in there, it's a lamb meet slaughter situation; and since I have a feeling everyone here likes Jeopardy, that is not a good thing for those reading this.

Network executives love to beat any popular thing like a piñata until it is dead, and this Sunday night in the fall slot for primetime Jeopardy is a perfect example.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

triviawayne wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:38 am Network executives love to beat any popular thing like a piñata until it is dead, and this Sunday night in the fall slot for primetime Jeopardy is a perfect example.
So...Jeopardy! is popular again? :lol:
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Before I found the old Sony board, I wouldn’t watch celebrity games. Then I had a place to mock them so I resumed watching.
gameshowfandanny

Post by gameshowfandanny »

Celebrity Jeopardy! will premiere on September 25:
https://tvline.com/2022/06/16/abc-premi ... season-19/
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:34 pm Celebrity Jeopardy! will premiere on September 25:
https://tvline.com/2022/06/16/abc-premi ... season-19/
interesting how it shows "host TBA"
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

This site calls it Jeopardy’s first spin-off. I guess SuperJeopardy, GOAT, and the NCC don’t count.

https://insidethemagic.net/2022/05/jeop ... ardy-rwb1/