2022 Audition Questions

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

bibliophage
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: 2022 Audition Questions

Post by bibliophage »

triviawayne wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:27 pm I am of the belief not everyone who passes the anytime test gets a proctored test.
I think you're right. I just today took the anytime test and I'm pretty sure my score was 44/50, up slightly from my usual 43/50. I'll let you know if I get an invitation to the next round, but I'm not holding my breath.
nserven
At the Clam Shack

Post by nserven »

I have a Zoom test invite for tomorrow.

My question: even though I know this is distinct from the audition stage, will we be asked to talk about ourselves at all? Or do we just quietly take the test and that's it?
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

nserven wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:27 am I have a Zoom test invite for tomorrow.

My question: even though I know this is distinct from the audition stage, will we be asked to talk about ourselves at all? Or do we just quietly take the test and that's it?
last year when I had mine, it was almost entirely about the test. At this point they just want to narrow their field.

but be prepared for anything, they might just change things up at any time.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

nserven wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:27 am I have a Zoom test invite for tomorrow.

You'll just take the test, unless you run into problems that require you to ask questions of the moderator.
Newhausen
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Newhausen »

I was also on today's Zoom test invite, after getting an email yesterday for my JeoparDAY! test. (I also took the Anytime Test the night before that, but I'm pretty sure the JeoparDAY! one was the only one I passed.) I'd say I did well on the testing part, at least.
mrparadise
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by mrparadise »

I've been holding off on taking the anytime test again because I've enjoyed my in-person auditions/tests and I've been hoping they would resume sometime in the not too distant future. And I really dislike zoom. Is there any reason to think the audition tours might actually come back? I think Maggie and the gang used to enjoy them, maybe the new gang would like some road trips. Or maybe not.

It's been a while but I seem to recall being told that the results of the 50 question test at the audition really didn't matter as long as your result was not so bad as to raise doubt about your unobserved test. So, for example, a 33 on the audition test when you had, say, a 39 or a 43 on the on-line test would not be disqualifying. I'm wondering if this is still the case. But I guess they'll probably do what they will with the process and we'll never know for sure.
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Post by MattKnowles »

mrparadise wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:22 pm I've been holding off on taking the anytime test again because I've enjoyed my in-person auditions/tests and I've been hoping they would resume sometime in the not too distant future. And I really dislike zoom. Is there any reason to think the audition tours might actually come back? I think Maggie and the gang used to enjoy them, maybe the new gang would like some road trips. Or maybe not.
I had an in-person audition on Monday. They are doing live auditions again. I'm in the L.A. area and it was locals. I have no info on if there will be live auditions for other locations. It was very fun so I can understand your point. I got a small Jeopardy! labeled baggie with some unlabeled headphones. No pen. Surprisingly no lawyers or teachers. Several Hollywood writers.

Somebody asked when they would have a live studio audience again and they said it was something they were working on but there wasn't any solid info.

I don't think you should hold off on taking the anytime test.
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
DysonSphere
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by DysonSphere »

MattKnowles wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:52 pm
mrparadise wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:22 pm I had an in-person audition on Monday. They are doing live auditions again. I'm in the L.A. area and it was locals. I have no info on if there will be live auditions for other locations. It was very fun so I can understand your point. I got a small Jeopardy! labeled baggie with some unlabeled headphones. No pen. Surprisingly no lawyers or teachers. Several Hollywood writers.

Somebody asked when they would have a live studio audience again and they said it was something they were working on but there wasn't any solid info.

I don't think you should hold off on taking the anytime test.
Wow. Thanks for sharing. I would definitely travel to do an in-person audition. The Zoom audition I did last year, while much appreciated, was awkward using pens as clickers.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

How many unsuccessful auditions does it take before you stop trying out? I was successful on my first, but the eligibility rules nixed my shot. I’ve had 2 more auditions since, with no second call.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

morbeedo wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:44 pm How many unsuccessful auditions does it take before you stop trying out? I was successful on my first, but the eligibility rules nixed my shot. I’ve had 2 more auditions since, with no second call.
6 and counting...
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

They're also doing live auditions at this event in Las Vegas in August.

However, I wouldn't be expecting them to travel any further than Vegas for in-person auditions anytime soon.
cf1140
Not Jeopardy! Material

Post by cf1140 »

trainman wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:53 am They're also doing live auditions at this event in Las Vegas in August.

However, I wouldn't be expecting them to travel any further than Vegas for in-person auditions anytime soon.
I think J is doing in-person auditions at Sporclecon in DC in September.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

trainman wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:53 am They're also doing live auditions at this event in Las Vegas in August.

The last time they did special auditions in Vegas for Trivia Nationals, they raised the bar for passing. I don't know how much higher than 35 it went, but it was higher. So someone like me who barely passes, and sometimes barely misses the mark, this may not help.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

morbeedo wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:44 pm How many unsuccessful auditions does it take before you stop trying out? I was successful on my first, but the eligibility rules nixed my shot. I’ve had 2 more auditions since, with no second call.
Can't stop, won't stop, never stop!
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

triviawayne wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:25 am

The last time they did special auditions in Vegas for Trivia Nationals, they raised the bar for passing. I don't know how much higher than 35 it went, but it was higher. So someone like me who barely passes, and sometimes barely misses the mark, this may not help.
At least this time you’ll know if you’ve passed well before the event. At Trivia Nationals, we tested in the AM and only half the group got to try out in the afternoon.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

morbeedo wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:03 am

At least this time you’ll know if you’ve passed well before the event. At Trivia Nationals, we tested in the AM and only half the group got to try out in the afternoon.
Did I read it wrong? I thought people would take an in-person test there if they passed online first?
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

triviawayne wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:21 pm

Did I read it wrong? I thought people would take an in-person test there if they passed online first?
Yes you did. They’re scheduling Zoom tests before the event.

As a first step, you need to take the anytime test, or email them to say you’re attending and you’ve already taken it
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

morbeedo wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:06 pm
triviawayne wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:21 pm

Yes you did. They’re scheduling Zoom tests before the event.

As a first step, you need to take the anytime test, or email them to say you’re attending and you’ve already taken it
Great, now I wanna go to Vegas...don't see it happening.
bibliophage
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by bibliophage »

bibliophage wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:51 pm
triviawayne wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:27 pm I am of the belief not everyone who passes the anytime test gets a proctored test.
I think you're right. I just today took the anytime test and I'm pretty sure my score was 44/50, up slightly from my usual 43/50. I'll let you know if I get an invitation to the next round, but I'm not holding my breath.
I did in fact receive an invitation for a Zoom audition, two weeks and two days after taking the anytime test. I'm as shocked as anyone. I've taken the online test around eight times, and this is the first time I've ever heard back from them.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

It’s been a few weeks for me and I’ve heard nothing yet