Friday, June 24, 2022 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

DBear
Denier of Pop Culture

Re: Friday, June 24, 2022 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by DBear »

twelvefootboy wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:23 am
BrigadierSolo13 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:04 pm This FJ represents the basic Oscar knowledge a hopeful contestant should have.
Agreed, along with Presidents, Wonders of the World, basic country geography in western hemisphere and africa, however much mythology you can endure and crib notes from Shakespeare. As a non-contestant, I will only acquire Oscar information with one failed FJ at a time.
I find your statement outrageous and offensive. That you would dare equate knowledge of a gawdam movie with knowledge of the Presidents explains so much of what passes for culture today,

I'm done here. :x :arrow:
twelvefootboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by twelvefootboy »

DBear wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:49 pm
twelvefootboy wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:23 am
BrigadierSolo13 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:04 pm This FJ represents the basic Oscar knowledge a hopeful contestant should have.
Agreed, along with Presidents, Wonders of the World, basic country geography in western hemisphere and africa, however much mythology you can endure and crib notes from Shakespeare. As a non-contestant, I will only acquire Oscar information with one failed FJ at a time.
I find your statement outrageous and offensive. That you would dare equate knowledge of a gawdam movie with knowledge of the Presidents explains so much of what passes for culture today,

I'm done here. :x :arrow:
To quote Richard Nixon's Best Director Oscar acceptance speech presented by Medusa at the Great Pyramid at Giza in Uruguay, "methinks thou dost protest too much".
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Few days late for this to be of help to me...and hopefully not a delayed J! curse incident

https://www.avclub.com/travis-barker-ho ... 1849122693
Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker was rushed to a Los Angeles hospital for undisclosed reasons yesterday, according to multiple reports.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Shadows (5), Foxy Brown (7), Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6)