The "Name The Ten" Summer Hiatus Trivia Contest (starting Monday August 8)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

harrumph
Voyeur

The "Name The Ten" Summer Hiatus Trivia Contest (starting Monday August 8)

Post by harrumph »

In this contest you will be asked to name ten things in a defined category. You will receive one point for each correct answer. You are limited to ten responses per question, unless the question stipulates a different number (a few of the categories vary from the "name ten" format). For questions with bonus points, you will receive ten points for your first ten correct responses but no bonus points if any of your subsequent responses is incorrect. A leaderboard will be posted with accumulated points. With a few questions there may be disputed answers and points will be counted liberally (this is mostly a consideration in a few of the population statistic categories). There will be five categories per round, and the days of the rounds run Monday through Friday. There will be a total of ten rounds, but more rounds can be added if JBoard members submit enough ideas for them to me through PM. My PM is also open to any suggestion, and if anyone wants to help out please feel free to volunteer.

We will follow the code of the honor system with your answers coming from your own deliberation and not from research. Take as long as you need to submit. You can enter at any time during the contest and catch up. Your answers must be hidden within spoiler icons. Answers will be posted in a separate thread. The game will begin on Monday August 8.
Rackme32
Three-time Failer Of The Online Jeopardy! Test

Re: The "Name The Ten" Summer Hiatus Trivia Contest (starting Monday August 8)

Post by Rackme32 »

This reminds me of the UK game show, Tenables... VERY British, both in subject matter and dry humor by the terrific host. With the heavily-British subjects making it virtually impossible for us 'muricans to do well, it's still very much worth a watch.

So, of course, I mention the heavily Brit content, and the first answer set is to name the ten states alphabetically between North Dakota and Vermont...
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Re: The "Name The Ten" Summer Hiatus Trivia Contest (starting Monday August 8)

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

Rackme32 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:33 pm This reminds me of the UK game show, Tenables... VERY British, both in subject matter and dry humor by the terrific host. With the heavily-British subjects making it virtually impossible for us 'muricans to do well, it's still very much worth a watch.
Not impossible for me. I have watched A LOT of UK TV.
Douglas Squasoni