National Geography Bee

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

the_phil
60% or Bust

Re: National Geography Bee

Post by the_phil »

RCraig wrote:It'd be interesting (although severely messing with tradition) to see Jeopardy! do that if it fit the situation.
I don't think it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have Alex tweak the order of reveals depending on the situation. For instance, quite often the leader's wager is immaterial. In those circumstances, I think it flows better to see leader's answer absolutely last.
jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by jeff6286 »

the_phil wrote:
RCraig wrote:It'd be interesting (although severely messing with tradition) to see Jeopardy! do that if it fit the situation.
I don't think it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have Alex tweak the order of reveals depending on the situation. For instance, quite often the leader's wager is immaterial. In those circumstances, I think it flows better to see leader's answer absolutely last.
Ooh, sorry, that's a double negative, indicating that you clearly think that it would be the worst thing in the world, making the rest of your post very confusing.
Vanya
The support is non-zero

Post by Vanya »

jeff6286 wrote:
the_phil wrote:
Ooh, sorry, that's a double negative, indicating that you clearly think that it would be the worst thing in the world, making the rest of your post very confusing.
But we always see the leader's answer last (is "absolutely last" like "very unique"?).
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Vanya wrote:But we always see the leader's answer last (is "absolutely last" like "very unique"?).
Maybe he means as opposed to 4th from last. :mrgreen:

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Vanya wrote:
jeff6286 wrote:
the_phil wrote: I don't think it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have Alex tweak the order of reveals depending on the situation. For instance, quite often the leader's wager is immaterial. In those circumstances, I think it flows better to see leader's answer absolutely last.
But we always see the leader's answer last (is "absolutely last" like "very unique"?).
Maybe the_phil meant that, the way it's currently done, the leader's wager is shown absolutely last.
the_phil
60% or Bust

Post by the_phil »

seaborgium wrote:Maybe the_phil meant that, the way it's currently done, the leader's wager is shown absolutely last.
This is exactly what I meant. My apologies for the confusing typo. Showing the meaningless wager last is pretty anticlimactic, in my opinion.