Boardies on the Show - Season 29

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Post Reply
TreehugginCowgirl
Best Self-Destruct Button
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:55 am

Boardies on the Show - Season 29

Post by TreehugginCowgirl »

I'm so excited that I get to start this thread!


Running List - updated 10/4/2012

Returning Season 28 Champ! CoachP (Alison - audition city LA) - September 17
KnitWit (Penny Citrola - audition city SLC) - September 18, 19, 20
Treehuggincowgirl (Erin Zwiener - audition city Dallas) - September 20, 21, 24, 25
Bunkie (Peter Hansen - audition city NYC) - September 21
Case (Sheri Boysen - audition city Dallas) - September 26
BADuBois (Brendan DuBois) - September 28, October 1
waterytart (Joanna Mang) - October 1, 2
Erak (Erik Dresner - audition city NYC) - October 3, 4
mike2187 (Mike Lonesky) - October 5, 8
Dr J (Stephanie Jass) - October 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, ?
ChemTeacher (Audition city DC) - November 7
Jfrumkin (Josh - audition city DC) - December 7th
ThreeIfByAir (Alistair) - December 12th

If I miss someone who shows up on the boards, send them my way!
Last edited by TreehugginCowgirl on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:50 am, edited 18 times in total.

User avatar
Case
Jeopardy! Contestant
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:50 pm

Re: Boardies on the Show - Season 29

Post by Case »

Hi Erin! So happy you started this thread--my air date is September 26. I'm so glad you and I were at the studio together this week, and that we're friends. Hugs! :D

Austin Powers
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1647
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:09 pm

Re: Boardies on the Show - Season 29

Post by Austin Powers »

And the 29th straight year I won't be appearing, so I have a lot to look forward to, also.

chuck5982
Jeopardy! Fan
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:01 pm

Re: Boardies on the Show - Season 29

Post by chuck5982 »

1. When was the first taping day of the new season?

2. Is the season premiere September 17th? Wheel of Fortune's is that day, so Jeopardy! must be that day too.

3. Did Alex ever go back to walking through the doors, or is he still entering around the screen thingy?

TreehugginCowgirl
Best Self-Destruct Button
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Boardies on the Show - Season 29

Post by TreehugginCowgirl »

chuck5982 wrote:1. When was the first taping day of the new season?

2. Is the season premiere September 17th? Wheel of Fortune's is that day, so Jeopardy! must be that day too.

3. Did Alex ever go back to walking through the doors, or is he still entering around the screen thingy?
1. July 24th

2. Yep, September 17th.

3. Walking around the screen.
Case wrote:Hi Erin! So happy you started this thread--my air date is September 26. I'm so glad you and I were at the studio together this week, and that we're friends. Hugs! :D
Yes! It was so much fun! We need to have some Jose Cuervo next time I'm in Texas!

chuck5982
Jeopardy! Fan
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:01 pm

Re: Boardies on the Show - Season 29

Post by chuck5982 »

TreehugginCowgirl wrote:3. Walking around the screen.
I guess that's permanent now. It's safe to assume that he's still introducing FJ! from his seat too?

TreehugginCowgirl
Best Self-Destruct Button
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Boardies on the Show - Season 29

Post by TreehugginCowgirl »

chuck5982 wrote:
TreehugginCowgirl wrote:3. Walking around the screen.
I guess that's permanent now. It's safe to assume that he's still introducing FJ! from his seat too?
You know, I have no clue. I was way too busy staring at the screen willing myself to know whatever was going to appear on it.

User avatar
BobF
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 2123
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:03 pm
Location: Westmonster, MD
Contact:

Re: Boardies on the Show - Season 29

Post by BobF »

For those of you that are going to be on, could you kindly post your audition city? I will make an extra special effort to watch if someone was in DC like I was to see if I recognize them from the audition. Unfortunately, with carting kids around, I sometimes miss the show.
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!

User avatar
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:23 pm
Location: Marana, AZ
Contact:

Re: Boardies on the Show - Season 29

Post by RandyG »

TreehugginCowgirl wrote:
chuck5982 wrote:
TreehugginCowgirl wrote:3. Walking around the screen.
I guess that's permanent now. It's safe to assume that he's still introducing FJ! from his seat too?
You know, I have no clue. I was way too busy staring at the screen willing myself to know whatever was going to appear on it.
I was in the audience yesterday. I didn't notice that Alex was sitting during FJ!, but I just don't really know.
"The COMPLETE GUIDE To Republican Ethics: tRump Edition" is right ===> here

User avatar
BobF
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 2123
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:03 pm
Location: Westmonster, MD
Contact:

Re: Boardies on the Show - Season 29

Post by BobF »

Thanks, Cowgirl, but my intent wasn't to make more work for you - just for all those who post on here in the future. Best of luck to you and the other lady from Dallas (but I'm too lazy to back out and see the name).
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!

User avatar
Creed Bratton
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:01 am

Re: Boardies on the Show - Season 29

Post by Creed Bratton »

Best of luck to the people from Dallas! (as he sits quietly waiting for his phone to ring...)

User avatar
Rahsputin
Contributor
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:10 pm
Location: near Vancouver, BC

Re: Boardies on the Show - Season 29

Post by Rahsputin »

That's great, Erin.
As a fellow Dallas auditioner (same audition, in fact), I wish you the best of retro-luck.

phi
Contributor
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:15 pm

Re: Boardies on the Show - Season 29

Post by phi »

BobF wrote: Unfortunately, with carting kids around, I sometimes miss the show.
I also have this problem, albeit for different reasons. Apologies if this has been asked before (and for being OT), but: is there some way to watch the day's show online? Exhaustive googling has turned up nothing, so I strongly suspect the answer is no, but I figured I'd ask the experts.

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 11203
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Boardies on the Show - Season 29

Post by MarkBarrett »

phi wrote:
BobF wrote: Unfortunately, with carting kids around, I sometimes miss the show.
I also have this problem, albeit for different reasons. Apologies if this has been asked before (and for being OT), but: is there some way to watch the day's show online? Exhaustive googling has turned up nothing, so I strongly suspect the answer is no, but I figured I'd ask the experts.
This site has the Thursday 7/26 game available. The Friday game will be there when it's there. I don't know how long the games stay there: http://www.dailymotion.com/search/jeopa ... +28/1?af=1

CyrusChan
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 448
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:31 am
Location: Queens

Re: Boardies on the Show - Season 29

Post by CyrusChan »

Austin Powers wrote:And the 29th straight year I won't be appearing, so I have a lot to look forward to, also.
Those words echo what I'm thinking. Good retro-luck!

KnitWit
Contributor
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:05 pm
Location: Astana, Kazakhstan

Re: Boardies on the Show - Season 29

Post by KnitWit »

I'd like to thank Erin for starting this thread, too! I just started an account here so that I can join in on all of the fun. I look forward to keeping in touch with the other contestants I met during this memorable Jeopardy experience. I'll be able to post more as I adjust better to the time zone again. For now, here are my details:

KnitWit (Penny Citrola - audition city Salt Lake City) - September 18th

User avatar
Case
Jeopardy! Contestant
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:50 pm

Re: Boardies on the Show - Season 29

Post by Case »

KnitWit wrote:I'd like to thank Erin for starting this thread, too! I just started an account here so that I can join in on all of the fun. I look forward to keeping in touch with the other contestants I met during this memorable Jeopardy experience. I'll be able to post more as I adjust better to the time zone again. For now, here are my details:

KnitWit (Penny Citrola - audition city Salt Lake City) - September 18th

Penny, it's Sheri! Does this mean you got my idiotic yurt email? ;) I'm delighted that you're here. I'm hoping Peter and Matt show up also. And everyone, actually. We had such a great time; it would be fabulous to be able to stay in touch.

KnitWit
Contributor
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:05 pm
Location: Astana, Kazakhstan

Re: Boardies on the Show - Season 29

Post by KnitWit »

Case wrote: Penny, it's Sheri! Does this mean you got my idiotic yurt email? ;) I'm delighted that you're here. I'm hoping Peter and Matt show up also. And everyone, actually. We had such a great time; it would be fabulous to be able to stay in touch.
Hi Sheri; indeed I did get your (non-idiotic) email, which is what drove me here. I'm still a little wonky from the travel, so I will respond there once my sleep schedule allows me to put more complex sentences together.

User avatar
silverscreentest
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 951
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:30 pm
Location: Maryland
Contact:

Re: Boardies on the Show - Season 29

Post by silverscreentest »

Sorry. I misread the thread title and thought a pig expired on Jeopardy.
Silver Screen Test, my movie trivia game show. Watch some of the episodes On-Demand.

ahirbhairav

Re: Boardies on the Show - Season 29

Post by ahirbhairav »

With the new season starting next week, I'm giving this thread a bump.

Post Reply