Reretaken Down

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

User avatar
jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 4492
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:34 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by jeff6286 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:09 am

CasketRomance wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:43 am
107 Single person is champion -125
I would bet big against this one. Odds of a married champion seem slim.

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1779
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by CasketRomance » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:24 pm

jeff6286 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:09 am
CasketRomance wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:43 am
107 Single person is champion -125
I would bet big against this one. Odds of a married champion seem slim.
lol...good one...yeah the wording could be challenged...probably be better to go with "lone champion; no co-winner"

User avatar
alietr
Site Admin
Posts: 6445
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by alietr » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:15 pm

I've always loved the intellectualism of They Might Be Giants:


User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 9197
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by MarkBarrett » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:56 am

It's not right to have individual game threads for each game show, so this one goes here.

Congrats to Hans Von Walter: http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=7059

Image

for winning on Match Game

The first part of Super Match (the bonus round) for matching the audience was Party ____
The celebs provided: animal, time, hat
The $2000 was: time
The $3000 was: pooper
The $5000 was: animal

For the head to head match Hans picked Jason Alexander who gave him animal for the $5,000

For $25,000: Grand ____

What happened:
SpoilerShow
Hans had: slam
Jason had: canyon (in going off Hans likes to travel for what he would do with the money)
Congrats to Hans for another successful game show appearance.

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1779
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by CasketRomance » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:14 am

MarkBarrett wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:56 am
It's not right to have individual game threads for each game show, so this one goes here.

Congrats to Hans Von Walter: http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=7059

Image

for winning on Match Game

The first part of Super Match (the bonus round) for matching the audience was Party ____
The celebs provided: animal, time, hat
The $2000 was: time
The $3000 was: pooper
The $5000 was: animal

For the head to head match Hans picked Jason Alexander who gave him animal for the $5,000

For $25,000: Grand ____

What happened:
SpoilerShow
Hans had: slam
Jason had: canyon (in going off Hans likes to travel for what he would do with the money)
Congrats to Hans for another successful game show appearance.

why not?

User avatar
squarekara
LEGO my Ego
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:49 am
Location: Land o' Lincoln

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by squarekara » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:42 am

MarkBarrett wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:56 am
Congrats to Hans Von Walter: http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=7059

Image

for winning on Match Game
I channel surfed past this, saw Alec Baldwin, groaned, and moved on. Sorry I missed the chance to root for Hans! He was an extremely kind, patient, and welcoming host when my party of newbies stopped in at O'Brien's, and his success is well-deserved. Congrats!

User avatar
pinkfreud
Jeopardy! Contestant
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:28 pm
Location: Tulsa, OK

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by pinkfreud » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:19 am

squarekara wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:42 am
MarkBarrett wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:56 am
Congrats to Hans Von Walter: http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=7059

Image

for winning on Match Game
I channel surfed past this, saw Alec Baldwin, groaned, and moved on. Sorry I missed the chance to root for Hans! He was an extremely kind, patient, and welcoming host when my party of newbies stopped in at O'Brien's, and his success is well-deserved. Congrats!
Apparently Match Game is available for streaming from ABC, but the current episode is locked until next week's game has aired. I really want to see this; although I can't stand Alec Baldwin, and I never liked Match Game very much, I love Hans!

https://abc.go.com/shows/match-game

---

9021amyers
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1473
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:22 am
Location: Atlanta

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by 9021amyers » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:16 pm

pinkfreud wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:19 am
squarekara wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:42 am
MarkBarrett wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:56 am
Congrats to Hans Von Walter: http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=7059

Image

for winning on Match Game
I channel surfed past this, saw Alec Baldwin, groaned, and moved on. Sorry I missed the chance to root for Hans! He was an extremely kind, patient, and welcoming host when my party of newbies stopped in at O'Brien's, and his success is well-deserved. Congrats!
Apparently Match Game is available for streaming from ABC, but the current episode is locked until next week's game has aired. I really want to see this; although I can't stand Alec Baldwin, and I never liked Match Game very much, I love Hans!

https://abc.go.com/shows/match-game

---
My first exposure to Match Game was the 1998 reboot, which rivals Merv Griffin’s Crosswords as the worst game show ever produced. Alec Baldwin’s version is fine.

User avatar
cinemaniax7
Humble Pi
Posts: 1060
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:04 pm
Location: Old Hickory, TN

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by cinemaniax7 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:57 pm

This item is probably not newsworthy enough for the Current Events thread, so I'm posting it here:

Journeyman QB Josh McCown, who played for 10 different teams in his 17-year NFL career, has retired. The last active player from the 2002 draft, McCown has been playing for so long that he was the one who handed the ball off to Emmitt Smith for the final run of his career.

That kind of determination and perseverance calls for respect. I hope he lands a coaching job in the not-too-distant future.

User avatar
econgator
Let's Go Mets!
Posts: 7971
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by econgator » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:47 pm

cinemaniax7 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:57 pm
This item is probably not newsworthy enough for the Current Events thread, so I'm posting it here:

Journeyman QB Josh McCown, who played for 10 different teams in his 17-year NFL career, has retired. The last active player from the 2002 draft, McCown has been playing for so long that he was the one who handed the ball off to Emmitt Smith for the final run of his career.

That kind of determination and perseverance calls for respect. I hope he lands a coaching job in the not-too-distant future.
They mention him as one of 7 to have thrown a pass for 7 different teams. I know Vinny Testaverde is another. Anyone have any idea who the other 5 are?

ETA: Chris Chandler is another I thought of.

9021amyers
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1473
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:22 am
Location: Atlanta

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by 9021amyers » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:09 pm

econgator wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:47 pm
cinemaniax7 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:57 pm
This item is probably not newsworthy enough for the Current Events thread, so I'm posting it here:

Journeyman QB Josh McCown, who played for 10 different teams in his 17-year NFL career, has retired. The last active player from the 2002 draft, McCown has been playing for so long that he was the one who handed the ball off to Emmitt Smith for the final run of his career.

That kind of determination and perseverance calls for respect. I hope he lands a coaching job in the not-too-distant future.
They mention him as one of 7 to have thrown a pass for 7 different teams. I know Vinny Testaverde is another. Anyone have any idea who the other 5 are?

ETA: Chris Chandler is another I thought of.
I believe Steve DeBerg is one of them; ironically, his seventh team was the 1998 Atlanta Falcons, where he was an injury replacement for Chris Chandler.

Beyond that, maybe Dave Krieg? Steve Beuerlein? Jeff Garcia? Gus Frerotte? Thinking of guys who were good enough to start for .500 teams, but not good enough to be a long-term option for a Super Bowl contender.

User avatar
econgator
Let's Go Mets!
Posts: 7971
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by econgator » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:45 pm

9021amyers wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:09 pm
econgator wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:47 pm
cinemaniax7 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:57 pm
This item is probably not newsworthy enough for the Current Events thread, so I'm posting it here:

Journeyman QB Josh McCown, who played for 10 different teams in his 17-year NFL career, has retired. The last active player from the 2002 draft, McCown has been playing for so long that he was the one who handed the ball off to Emmitt Smith for the final run of his career.

That kind of determination and perseverance calls for respect. I hope he lands a coaching job in the not-too-distant future.
They mention him as one of 7 to have thrown a pass for 7 different teams. I know Vinny Testaverde is another. Anyone have any idea who the other 5 are?

ETA: Chris Chandler is another I thought of.
I believe Steve DeBerg is one of them; ironically, his seventh team was the 1998 Atlanta Falcons, where he was an injury replacement for Chris Chandler.

Beyond that, maybe Dave Krieg? Steve Beuerlein? Jeff Garcia? Gus Frerotte? Thinking of guys who were good enough to start for .500 teams, but not good enough to be a long-term option for a Super Bowl contender.
Looks like deBerg only threw for 6 (never threw a pass for Dallas), as did Kreig and Beuerlein. Garcia had 5. Frerotte is, indeed, one of them, though (I don't know the answer myself, so I'm having to look all of these up :) ).

User avatar
econgator
Let's Go Mets!
Posts: 7971
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by econgator » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:58 pm

After a bit of digging, I've also found:

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Jeff Blake
Steve Bono

Post Reply