Reretaken Down

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

20 year old breaks the all-time solo record winnings.

Douglas Squasoni
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:27 pm 20 year old breaks the all-time solo record winnings.

Thanks for sharing. Now explain to me how the Inca Q stumped them both.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:12 pm
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:27 pm 20 year old breaks the all-time solo record winnings.

Thanks for sharing. Now explain to me how the Inca Q stumped them both.
Even funnier, I was watching a different Final Chase after this and the question was, "What punctuation mark can follow the word Oxford?". The Chaser said question mark and the team (of 3) said hyphen. When Bradley told them it was comma, two of them said, "I've never heard of that".
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

BuzzFeed: 13 Unbelievably Fascinating Game Show Cheating Scandals That'll Shock Both Devoted And Casual Fans.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/marycolussi/ga ... g-scandals
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

squarekara wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:38 am BuzzFeed: 13 Unbelievably Fascinating Game Show Cheating Scandals That'll Shock Both Devoted And Casual Fans.
The best part of the list was watching the trailer for Quiz Show (for the __ th time) again.

What's missing from the list?
Barbara Lowe
Kal & beef jerky from Survivor: The Australian Outback
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:58 am
squarekara wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:38 am BuzzFeed: 13 Unbelievably Fascinating Game Show Cheating Scandals That'll Shock Both Devoted And Casual Fans.
The best part of the list was watching the trailer for Quiz Show (for the __ th time) again.

Barbara Lowe
Of course, the Marty dive never gets old.

Gabriel Iglesias disqualified from Last Comic Standing for having a forbidden cellphone.

100's of unopened request letters to NBC's Fantasy were discovered discarded.
Last edited by squarekara on Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:58 am

Barbara Lowe
Jeff Kirby
Total game show career losings = $171,522
teapot37

Post by teapot37 »

Didn't Richard Hatch supposedly try to smuggle matches in his... posterior for the first Survivor All-Stars season?
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

teapot37 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:31 pm Didn't Richard Hatch supposedly try to smuggle matches in his... posterior for the first Survivor All-Stars season?
That's a potentially explosive allegation.
cheezguyty

Post by cheezguyty »

LucarioSnooperVixey

MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:58 am Kal & beef jerky from Survivor: The Australian Outback
I don't consider "Survivor" a Game Show.
Douglas Squasoni
LucarioSnooperVixey

Huh. But apparently they consider Project Runway a game show.
Douglas Squasoni
LucarioSnooperVixey

What do you call a sword that dashes?
Spoiler
Sh*t.(Because s-word.) ;) :lol:
Douglas Squasoni
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Buck and Smoltz are doing the Yankees/Mets game with Brad Hand pitching. A reference was made about his name having two characters from Fast Times at Ridgemont High. That gets two emojis. :roll: :lol:
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Carrying over the Frankfurt discussion from the LL90 thread ...

The first time I had to travel internationally for work, I had a long layover at the Frankfurt airport. Growing up, the Holocaust was still fresh and raw, so I was both unhappy and reluctant about even setting foot in Germany. So I get there after a long overnight flight, tired and exhausted and since I had a Business Class ticket, I headed to the Business Class lounge to rest up before my next flight. I get there, and there several semicircles of couches with a table in the middle of each. On one of the other sections of the couch I settled in on was a fellow traveler leaning back, fast asleep with his feet up on the table. Now, we are talking the Business Class lounge, so it's not like there's a lot of riffraff in there. The woman in charge of the lounge comes over, shakes the guy awake by the shoulders. He looks totally bewildered, and she barks at him in a very gruff tone, "You must not put your feet on the table!" I'm watching all of this transpire, absolutely stunned, and think to myself, "Yup, I'm in Germany alright."
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

alietr wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:50 am Carrying over the Frankfurt discussion from the LL90 thread ...

The first time I had to travel internationally for work, I had a long layover at the Frankfurt airport. Growing up, the Holocaust was still fresh and raw, so I was both unhappy and reluctant about even setting foot in Germany. So I get there after a long overnight flight, tired and exhausted and since I had a Business Class ticket, I headed to the Business Class lounge to rest up before my next flight. I get there, and there several semicircles of couches with a table in the middle of each. On one of the other sections of the couch I settled in on was a fellow traveler leaning back, fast asleep with his feet up on the table. Now, we are talking the Business Class lounge, so it's not like there's a lot of riffraff in there. The woman in charge of the lounge comes over, shakes the guy awake by the shoulders. He looks totally bewildered, and she barks at him in a very gruff tone, "You must not put your feet on the table!" I'm watching all of this transpire, absolutely stunned, and think to myself, "Yup, I'm in Germany alright."
I also once had a long layover in Frankfurt. My wife and I both dozed off for a bit only to awaken to see four soldiers marching by with rifles over their shoulder.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Bamaman wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:29 pm More games like today and Aaron Rodgers may be back in the mix.
Go Rams and the Vikings will be tied for first place. I knew Minnesota would lose as soon as Bradshaw on the pregame show had the Vikings for his pick.
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

Bamaman wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:46 am
alietr wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:56 am
Lefty wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:31 am Frankfurt am Main ("Mainhattan") is Germany's financial center. Only #5 population-wise.
I used to spend a lot of time at the Frankfurt airport, but never once got to Frankfurt.
My one and only visit to Germany was a long layover at the Frankfurt airport.
Apropos of nothing, I have very fond memories of the Frankfurt airport. The north side of the airport was Frankfurt Flughafen and the south side was USAF's Rhein-Main Air Base when I was assigned there in 1975. About a year later, a cute flight nurse arrived in the squadron. I was a staff sergeant and she was a captain, so I simply enjoyed her company in the office -- until she got tired of waiting and asked me out.

We celebrated our 44th anniversary last month. Just to keep me in line, she likes to introduce me as her current husband.

Frankfurt been berry, berry good to me.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Washington Post article (I believe it will not be paywalled):

Does the supplement Prevagen improve memory? A court case is asking that question.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

alietr wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:58 am Washington Post article (I believe it will not be paywalled):

Does the supplement Prevagen improve memory? A court case is asking that question.
I think I saw this PreserVision ad during last night's show. Same issues involve.