Reretaken Down

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by Volante »

I see Opus is enjoying his time off...

https://twitter.com/shedd_aquarium/stat ... 1006185478
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

Just curious if anyone has seen plans for The Voice and/or American Idol for how they will handle their current seasons as they near the live audience portion?

The View was live today though with a larger than usual table to have distance between the co-hosts. https://popculture.com/tv-shows/2020/03 ... -pandemic/
Volante

Post by Volante »

Volante wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:53 pm I see Opus is enjoying his time off...

https://twitter.com/shedd_aquarium/stat ... 1006185478
More penguin enrichment: https://news.avclub.com/today-in-pengui ... 1842395049

Also, now I'M stuck at home...(after already driving to work and finding out the email closing the place was sent at 6PM...yeah, no, I'm not paid to check stuff after hours)

Addition: stuck at home -for a fortnight-... :?
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

pb200320.gif
pb200320.gif (75.97 KiB) Viewed 8024 times
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Post by MattKnowles »

Coronavirus Hiatus Challenge?

I'm not able to take the initiative but if anybody is home for two weeks...
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Can't let it sink to page 2.

The winner had the $1,000,000 wedge in play but spun $37,000.

I was way off for the solve but made myself laugh by working out: FINDING BOOTY

The correct answer that the contestant also could not get:
Spoiler
DUNKING BOOTH
gnash
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by gnash »

MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

With no sports to watch I often keep my TV still on KGO after J! instead of immediately changing the channel. Instead of WoF coming on it was David Muir with ABC news again. Not a special break-in, but a replay of the earlier national broadcast. Wheel has been bumped to the middle of the night this week as it's already on the schedule that way and I never noticed. Even though it's a week of reruns I'm still a little surprised at the move as viewers who pay no attention to schedules still expect their show whether new or not.

Next week it's new episodes and the normal 7:30 slot on the schedule.

If J! runs out of new episodes for June & July I would not like an hour of news to be the solution.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

MarkBarrett wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:40 pm With no sports to watch I often keep my TV still on KGO after J! instead of immediately changing the channel. Instead of WoF coming on it was David Muir with ABC news again. Not a special break-in, but a replay of the earlier national broadcast.
So is KGO running "World News Tonight" at both 6:30 and 7:30, or are they running an hour of local news at 6:00 and "World News Tonight" only at 7:30?
If J! runs out of new episodes for June & July I would not like an hour of news to be the solution.
If that happens, it'll be a station-by-station decision -- there's still going be a daily distribution of some episode of J!. Running an extra half-hour of news instead of J! isn't going to be a viable option for some stations.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

trainman wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:59 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:40 pm With no sports to watch I often keep my TV still on KGO after J! instead of immediately changing the channel. Instead of WoF coming on it was David Muir with ABC news again. Not a special break-in, but a replay of the earlier national broadcast.
So is KGO running "World News Tonight" at both 6:30 and 7:30, or are they running an hour of local news at 6:00 and "World News Tonight" only at 7:30?
If that happens, it'll be a station-by-station decision -- there's still going be a daily distribution of some episode of J!. Running an extra half-hour of news instead of J! isn't going to be a viable option for some stations.

Local News 11-12pm
Pandemic: What You Need to Know (Strahan, Sara & Keke off the schedule) 12-1 (that's national, right?)
Tamron Hall 1-2
General Hospital 2-3
Local news 3-3:30
ABC World News Tonight with David Muir 3:30-4
Local news 4-5 & 5-5:30
Replay of David Muir 5:30-6
Local news 6-7
J! at 7
Muir for the 3rd time 7:30-8

Next week it's the same other than Wheel in place of the 3rd Muir.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

Has a Teachers Tournament taped?
davey

Post by davey »

MarkBarrett wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:40 pm With no sports to watch I often keep my TV still on KGO after J! instead of immediately changing the channel. Instead of WoF coming on it was David Muir with ABC news again. Not a special break-in, but a replay of the earlier national broadcast. Wheel has been bumped to the middle of the night this week as it's already on the schedule that way and I never noticed. Even though it's a week of reruns I'm still a little surprised at the move as viewers who pay no attention to schedules still expect their show whether new or not.

Next week it's new episodes and the normal 7:30 slot on the schedule.
The same in NYC this week...
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

MarkBarrett wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:12 pm Local News 11-12pm
Pandemic: What You Need to Know (Strahan, Sara & Keke off the schedule) 12-1 (that's national, right?)
Tamron Hall 1-2
General Hospital 2-3
Local news 3-3:30
ABC World News Tonight with David Muir 3:30-4
Local news 4-5 & 5-5:30
Replay of David Muir 5:30-6
Local news 6-7
J! at 7
Muir for the 3rd time 7:30-8
I just checked, and KABC is the same this week, except for "World News Tonight" at 6:30 instead of 5:30.

The second (and third) showings of "Word News Tonight" may not literally be replays -- depends on whether or not ABC is doing "West Coast" updates of the broadcast.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

When some baseball players die that I remember from the early 1970s it's often a baseball card from one year that comes to mind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Farmer

https://www.google.com/search?q=ed+farm ... 60&bih=460

For Ed Farmer his 1972 card that I opened a lot came to mind.
Volante

Post by Volante »

So I just realized, because of my eyeball lasering, I have now apocalypse proofed my vision. No emulating Piggy for me when society goes all Lord of the Flies now.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Volante wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:55 pm So I just realized, because of my eyeball lasering, I have now apocalypse proofed my vision. No emulating Piggy for me when society goes all Lord of the Flies now.
LotF while I was thinking TZ.

RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:16 pm
Volante wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:55 pm So I just realized, because of my eyeball lasering, I have now apocalypse proofed my vision. No emulating Piggy for me when society goes all Lord of the Flies now.

I thought of that episode too.... and I just happened to watch it two nights ago on Hulu.

ETA: OK, Twilight Zone fans... Burgess Meredith is tied among actors for the most starring roles in original TZ episodes, with 4. (Other actors have appeared in more than 4, but in bit roles.) Aside from Henry Bemis in "Time Enough At Last" (above), name any of the other 3. A general description other than exact character names or episode titles is perfectly sufficient.
Volante

Post by Volante »

RandyG wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:45 am

I thought of that episode too.... and I just happened to watch it two nights ago on Hulu.

ETA: OK, Twilight Zone fans... Burgess Meredith is tied among actors for the most starring roles in original TZ episodes, with 4. (Other actors have appeared in more than 4, but in bit roles.) Aside from Henry Bemis in "Time Enough At Last" (above), name any of the other 3. A general description other than exact character names or episode titles is perfectly sufficient.
I can do one...
Spoiler
He plays a librarian who's hidden away a bible and sentenced to death by having his apartment collapse on him along with the person who sentenced him
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

Volante wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:15 am

I can do one...
Spoiler
He plays a librarian who's hidden away a bible and sentenced to death by having his apartment collapse on him along with the person who sentenced him
Yup, that's a good one. Now I'll have to watch that one too....along with probably another 150 episodes.

Remember, if you're old enough, when tv series had a minimum of 30 episodes per year, and barely half of them were broadcast again? Summer rerun season, anyone? And no recording equipment, no video stores, no inter....um, net?
Volante

Post by Volante »

RandyG wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:50 pm
Spoiler
Volante wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:15 am

I can do one...
Spoiler
Yup, that's a good one. Now I'll have to watch that one too....along with probably another 150 episodes.

Remember, if you're old enough, when tv series had a minimum of 30 episodes per year, and barely half of them were broadcast again? Summer rerun season, anyone? And no recording equipment, no video stores, no inter....um, net?
Looked up the other two. I know one episode, didn't remember he was the lead. Haven't seen the other;
Spoiler
Netflix doesn't have season 4 (the double length season) for some reason.