Reretaken Down

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by Volante »

bpmod wrote:I have discovered many times just how hard it is to find things in stock at an actual brick-and-mortar retail location. I have been fairly adept at finding things on eBay, but this item seems to go for much more there than I would like to pay.

But my original point, further clarified (I thought) in my second post on the subject, was: Why would they indicate that iTunes would be the place to purchase an item of this description, when iTunes carries nothing of the type?

Brian
Some people might only want the digital content and to spluh with the packaging?

Blizzard's moving more toward digital disty too; three tiers of packaging now: Basic digital download, deluxe digital download, collector's edition retail box.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
MitchO
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MitchO »

Volante wrote:Blizzard's moving more toward digital disty too; three tiers of packaging now: Basic digital download, deluxe digital download, collector's edition retail box.
Yes, and those of us who used to be Pet Collectors in WoW had to keep buying those %#$^$^! retail boxes to get the exclusive Pet code ... the last year or so of my playing WoW, I was actually playing Pokemon inside of WoW. Thank Garrosh I broke *that* habit ... :D
Volante

Post by Volante »

MitchO wrote:
Volante wrote:Blizzard's moving more toward digital disty too; three tiers of packaging now: Basic digital download, deluxe digital download, collector's edition retail box.
Yes, and those of us who used to be Pet Collectors in WoW had to keep buying those %#$^$^! retail boxes to get the exclusive Pet code ... the last year or so of my playing WoW, I was actually playing Pokemon inside of WoW. Thank Garrosh I broke *that* habit ... :D
I keep getting the box cause I like the artbook and soundtrack. (In fact, I'm picking up Legacy of the Void after I leave work today.)
And your hiatus is showing; it's not Garrosh anymore :D

The less said about WoWemon the better...people would be very disappointed in me...
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Volante wrote:Some people might only want the digital content and to spluh with the packaging?
I guess some people think of a coffee table book as 'packaging'. I don't.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
Volante

Post by Volante »

Apparently it's the 44th Anniversary of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and The Today Show had someone on one degree separated from J!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Willy-Wo ... 93727.html
bpmod wrote:
Volante wrote:Some people might only want the digital content and to spluh with the packaging?
I guess some people think of a coffee table book as 'packaging'. I don't.

Brian
And that's why I sometimes splurge on CEs. I'm also getting the Avengers Phase 2 box to go next to my Phase 1 box.
Sometimes you just gotta go for the shiny.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

I got this link from a friend today:

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experie ... river.html

There are some inaccuracies, though not many. They may be a Canada vs. U.S. thing. Most of the article is bang on. But I am extremely happy to say, although I have heard many of these stories, some live over the air as they happen, very little of it has happened to me.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

georgespelvin
The Charlie Brown of Jeopardy Auditions

Post by georgespelvin »

This should bring memories for some and laughs for many. http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/14/your-favo ... e-5343105/
I used to be AWSOP but wanted to be more theatrical.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

WoF tonight had a toss-up in the SONG LYRICS category of "WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE"; I think the category should have been FUN AND GAMES.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

georgespelvin wrote:This should bring memories for some and laughs for many. http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/14/your-favo ... e-5343105/
Thanks, memories and laughs, yes. I like bookkeeping and Yahtzee and used to keep a lot of stats playing game after game. I never did the Australia thing in Risk. Barricading Venezuela and Brazil was more my style. Sorry!? Yes, yes, and guilty. Don't be insulting Battleship. That's a classic.
garosgeorge
Contributor

Post by garosgeorge »

because there was some board interest when the play was announced,im posting this

https://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/theate ... story.html
Volante

Post by Volante »

Slowly making my way through Jessica Jones (4 of ? complete) but one bit really ground my gears...

Walks into a store, Jones asks for the cheapest whiskey they have. Next scene, bottle of Wild Turkey 101 proudly on product placement display.
Wild Turkey 101 isn't even the cheapest Wild Turkey you can get!

Still, better than Supergirl, at least. In the pilot, Johnnie Walker Blue was what someone casually 'helped themselves to a drink' to. Yeah, not on that paycheck, prop department. Did no one have an empty bottle of Black you could dress up? :roll:
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Volante wrote:Slowly making my way through Jessica Jones (4 of ? complete) but one bit really ground my gears...

Walks into a store, Jones asks for the cheapest whiskey they have. Next scene, bottle of Wild Turkey 101 proudly on product placement display.

Still, better than Supergirl, at least. In the pilot, Johnnie Walker Blue was what someone casually 'helped themselves to a drink' to. Yeah, not on that paycheck, prop department. Did no one have an empty bottle of Black you could dress up? :roll:
There are 13 episodes as I understand the first part of post even though I don't have Netflix. The drinking portion of the post means nothing to me. I'm sure there will be other readers who would be the opposite. :)
SteelyPat
Contributor

Post by SteelyPat »

Volante wrote:Slowly making my way through Jessica Jones (4 of ? complete) but one bit really ground my gears...

As a connoisseur of bottom shelf liquor, I understand your distress.
Rex Kramer
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by Rex Kramer »

My family and I have binged through episode 9 in two days. I am enjoying the show immensely EXCEPT that the writers have absolutely no idea how the legal system works. They are literally making stuff up. You would think that they would have just run the scripts past one lawyer to make sure there was some resemblance to reality -- especially considering one of the main characters IS A LAWYER.

Rex
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Just in case you haven't already, go to Google.com and type in this:

a long time ago in a galaxy far far away

No clue how long it will work for, but its neat.
BennyBXB
Valued Contributor

Post by BennyBXB »

econgator wrote:Just in case you haven't already, go to Google.com and type in this:

a long time ago in a galaxy far far away

No clue how long it will work for, but its neat.
And hit the speaker icon in the top right corner for full effect.
Last edited by BennyBXB on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's always better to know a thing than not to know it." -Samuel Parr (as cited by Ken Jennings)
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

I must have broken it.
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

https://www.google.com/search?q=a+long+ ... r+far+away

Yeah, this is very cool, and the music quality is amazing. A shame they have sound turned off as the default. :D
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Must be browser specific. It doesn't do that for me in Firefox. Until I started clicking through the results, I had no idea what was supposed to happen. That would be cool, if only...

Brian

Woppy T

Post by Woppy T »

When I try it all I get are articles on what happens when you do a Google search for "a long time ago in a galaxy far far away".