Reretaken Down

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, econgator, dhkendall, trainman

User avatar
LucarioSnooperVixey
Quizizz Jammer
Posts: 2371
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

Trivia Crack getting its own TV show eh? I wonder how this will turn out?
Douglas Squasoni
brick
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1051
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by brick »

Golf wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:30 pm Girlfriend and I watching Olympic biathlon, she pronounces it with the extra syllable. I choose life and do not refer to the Jeopardy mistake and therefore her pronunciation error.
Discretion being the better part of valor.
User avatar
econgator
Let's Go Mets!
Posts: 10120
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by econgator »

Robert K S wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:33 pm Netflix is launching an interactive daily quiz show.



The design and game goals look kid-oriented but the trivia content is obviously for adults, which might confuse viewers (players?). It won't be renewed, is my prediction.
Hard pass.
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM
Posts: 1116
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by MattKnowles »

Robert K S wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:33 pm The design and game goals look kid-oriented but the trivia content is obviously for adults...
Why's that obvious? Maybe I'm missing something. It looks like it could be fun for people that are the right age. It definitely doesn't look like it's targeted to adults.
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
User avatar
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 3620
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by Robert K S »

MattKnowles wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:58 pm
Robert K S wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:33 pm The design and game goals look kid-oriented but the trivia content is obviously for adults...
Why's that obvious? Maybe I'm missing something. It looks like it could be fun for people that are the right age. It definitely doesn't look like it's targeted to adults.
Ten-year-olds know Avatar? ABBA?
User avatar
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur
Posts: 8383
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by Volante »

Robert K S wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:20 pm
MattKnowles wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:58 pm
Robert K S wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:33 pm The design and game goals look kid-oriented but the trivia content is obviously for adults...
Why's that obvious? Maybe I'm missing something. It looks like it could be fun for people that are the right age. It definitely doesn't look like it's targeted to adults.
Ten-year-olds know Avatar? ABBA?
They would get the dinosaur one!
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Early Man (5), Ready Player One (5), Shock and Awe (8), Super Troopers 2 (4)
davey
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 5161
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:55 pm

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by davey »

Robert K S wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:20 pm
MattKnowles wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:58 pm
Robert K S wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:33 pm The design and game goals look kid-oriented but the trivia content is obviously for adults...
Why's that obvious? Maybe I'm missing something. It looks like it could be fun for people that are the right age. It definitely doesn't look like it's targeted to adults.
Ten-year-olds know Avatar? ABBA?
There's an "interactive cartoon" up on Netflix now called "Cat Burglar." It takes a similar tone, with Looney Tunes-like content and simple quiz questions that if you answer correctly, let you advance the "story." The questions are elementary but get a little trickier as you go along. The intention is to trap viewers into mistakes. I was surprised to learn that Charlie Brooker of Black Mirror is involved with it. The cartoon is an homage to Tex Avery but It's not really clear what the audience for the quiz is. Maybe a bright adolescent?
User avatar
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool
Posts: 2581
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by triviawayne »

davey wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:03 pm
Robert K S wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:20 pm
MattKnowles wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:58 pm
Robert K S wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:33 pm The design and game goals look kid-oriented but the trivia content is obviously for adults...
Why's that obvious? Maybe I'm missing something. It looks like it could be fun for people that are the right age. It definitely doesn't look like it's targeted to adults.
Ten-year-olds know Avatar? ABBA?
There's an "interactive cartoon" up on Netflix now called "Cat Burglar." It takes a similar tone, with Looney Tunes-like content and simple quiz questions that if you answer correctly, let you advance the "story." The questions are elementary but get a little trickier as you go along. The intention is to trap viewers into mistakes. I was surprised to learn that Charlie Brooker of Black Mirror is involved with it. The cartoon is an homage to Tex Avery but It's not really clear what the audience for the quiz is. Maybe a bright adolescent?
I don't have Netflix, so I need to ask. Is this something that while watching (streaming), you need to use your remote (if you're watching on TV) to advance the show? If not, how does the interactive part work?
Total game show career losings = $171,522
davey
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 5161
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:55 pm

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by davey »

triviawayne wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:36 am
davey wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:03 pm
Robert K S wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:20 pm
MattKnowles wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:58 pm
Robert K S wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:33 pm The design and game goals look kid-oriented but the trivia content is obviously for adults...
Why's that obvious? Maybe I'm missing something. It looks like it could be fun for people that are the right age. It definitely doesn't look like it's targeted to adults.
Ten-year-olds know Avatar? ABBA?
There's an "interactive cartoon" up on Netflix now called "Cat Burglar." It takes a similar tone, with Looney Tunes-like content and simple quiz questions that if you answer correctly, let you advance the "story." The questions are elementary but get a little trickier as you go along. The intention is to trap viewers into mistakes. I was surprised to learn that Charlie Brooker of Black Mirror is involved with it. The cartoon is an homage to Tex Avery but It's not really clear what the audience for the quiz is. Maybe a bright adolescent?
I don't have Netflix, so I need to ask. Is this something that while watching (streaming), you need to use your remote (if you're watching on TV) to advance the show? If not, how does the interactive part work?
Yes, you use the remote. For this it's a matter of pushing left or right using your rewind and fast forward buttons.
I've learned there's a number of interactive programs for kids already available on Netflix.
User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 13615
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by MarkBarrett »

The Slate News Quiz gave me a laugh with the game show connection of the wrong choices:

Image
User avatar
LucarioSnooperVixey
Quizizz Jammer
Posts: 2371
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

Wheel of Fortune contestants fail to get Mudpuppy. No surprise there.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 1.02.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 1.02.19 PM.png (692.52 KiB) Viewed 1097 times
Douglas Squasoni
User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 13615
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by MarkBarrett »

FoxTrot 3/13:
Spoiler
Image
I was tempted to do "Foxtrot" to set the table.
User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 13615
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by MarkBarrett »

Google's front page leads to information about Rosa (200th birthday) Bonheur. After reading up I was curious about archive hits:

#5331, aired 2007-11-12 ART GAL-ERY $2,000 (Daily Double): The stag shown here is by Rosa Bonheur, the first woman awarded the Grand Cross of this French medal
#5262, aired 2007-06-26 ART HERSTORY $1200: Given government approval to cross-dress, Rosa Bonheur was the first woman given this French award

Funny, how the only two hits were so close for when they showed up and both only wanted the Legion of Honor.
User avatar
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool
Posts: 2581
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by triviawayne »

MarkBarrett wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:10 am Google's front page leads to information about Rosa (200th birthday) Bonheur. After reading up I was curious about archive hits:

#5331, aired 2007-11-12 ART GAL-ERY $2,000 (Daily Double): The stag shown here is by Rosa Bonheur, the first woman awarded the Grand Cross of this French medal
#5262, aired 2007-06-26 ART HERSTORY $1200: Given government approval to cross-dress, Rosa Bonheur was the first woman given this French award

Funny, how the only two hits were so close for when they showed up and both only wanted the Legion of Honor.
also interesting is how both times, the category gave the gender
Total game show career losings = $171,522
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM
Posts: 1116
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by MattKnowles »

I'm not able to access the archive on my computer or my phone. Anybody else having an issue?
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns
Posts: 7980
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:31 am

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by seaborgium »

MattKnowles wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:52 pm I'm not able to access the archive on my computer or my phone. Anybody else having an issue?
Everyone is, and Robert is hoping to get things sorted out soon.
User avatar
squarekara
J! Reactionary
Posts: 1326
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:49 am

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by squarekara »

Sinclair tidbits:

Somewhere in the house I have a Little Golden Book of Disney's Bongo, their version of a Sinclair Lewis story about a circus bear. It's part of the movie Fun and Fancy Free from 1947. Neat tidbit of trivia, right?

Today I learned that Disney's The Gnome-Mobile from 1967 is adapted from an earlier work by Upton Sinclair.🤯
User avatar
alietr
Site Admin
Posts: 8159
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by alietr »

Dog Jeopardy.jpg
Dog Jeopardy.jpg (85.13 KiB) Viewed 610 times
User avatar
LucarioSnooperVixey
Quizizz Jammer
Posts: 2371
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

squarekara wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:03 pm Today I learned that Disney's The Gnome-Mobile from 1967 is adapted from an earlier work by Upton Sinclair.🤯
That movie also has the kids from Mary Poppins.
Douglas Squasoni
User avatar
squarekara
J! Reactionary
Posts: 1326
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:49 am

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by squarekara »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:40 pm
squarekara wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:03 pm Today I learned that Disney's The Gnome-Mobile from 1967 is adapted from an earlier work by Upton Sinclair.🤯
That movie also has the kids from Mary Poppins.
Yes! If I recall correctly, you can see them in "The Three Lives of Thomasina" too. (RIP my VHS of that one.)
Post Reply