Reretaken Down

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by jeff6286 »

CasketRomance wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:43 am 107 Single person is champion -125
I would bet big against this one. Odds of a married champion seem slim.
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

jeff6286 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:09 am
CasketRomance wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:43 am 107 Single person is champion -125
I would bet big against this one. Odds of a married champion seem slim.
lol...good one...yeah the wording could be challenged...probably be better to go with "lone champion; no co-winner"
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

I've always loved the intellectualism of They Might Be Giants:

MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

It's not right to have individual game threads for each game show, so this one goes here.

Congrats to Hans Von Walter: http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=7059

for winning on Match Game

The first part of Super Match (the bonus round) for matching the audience was Party ____
The celebs provided: animal, time, hat
The $2000 was: time
The $3000 was: pooper
The $5000 was: animal

For the head to head match Hans picked Jason Alexander who gave him animal for the $5,000

For $25,000: Grand ____

What happened:
Spoiler
Hans had: slam
Jason had: canyon (in going off Hans likes to travel for what he would do with the money)
Congrats to Hans for another successful game show appearance.
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:56 am It's not right to have individual game threads for each game show, so this one goes here.

Congrats to Hans Von Walter: http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=7059

The first part of Super Match (the bonus round) for matching the audience was Party ____
The celebs provided: animal, time, hat
The $2000 was: time
The $3000 was: pooper
The $5000 was: animal

For the head to head match Hans picked Jason Alexander who gave him animal for the $5,000

For $25,000: Grand ____

What happened:
Spoiler
Hans had: slam
Jason had: canyon (in going off Hans likes to travel for what he would do with the money)
Congrats to Hans for another successful game show appearance.

why not?
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:56 am Congrats to Hans Von Walter: http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=7059

I channel surfed past this, saw Alec Baldwin, groaned, and moved on. Sorry I missed the chance to root for Hans! He was an extremely kind, patient, and welcoming host when my party of newbies stopped in at O'Brien's, and his success is well-deserved. Congrats!
pinkfreud
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by pinkfreud »

squarekara wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:42 am
MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:56 am Congrats to Hans Von Walter: http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=7059

I channel surfed past this, saw Alec Baldwin, groaned, and moved on. Sorry I missed the chance to root for Hans! He was an extremely kind, patient, and welcoming host when my party of newbies stopped in at O'Brien's, and his success is well-deserved. Congrats!
Apparently Match Game is available for streaming from ABC, but the current episode is locked until next week's game has aired. I really want to see this; although I can't stand Alec Baldwin, and I never liked Match Game very much, I love Hans!

https://abc.go.com/shows/match-game

---
9021amyers

Post by 9021amyers »

pinkfreud wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:19 am
squarekara wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:42 am

Apparently Match Game is available for streaming from ABC, but the current episode is locked until next week's game has aired. I really want to see this; although I can't stand Alec Baldwin, and I never liked Match Game very much, I love Hans!

https://abc.go.com/shows/match-game

---
My first exposure to Match Game was the 1998 reboot, which rivals Merv Griffin’s Crosswords as the worst game show ever produced. Alec Baldwin’s version is fine.
cinemaniax7
Humble Pi

Post by cinemaniax7 »

This item is probably not newsworthy enough for the Current Events thread, so I'm posting it here:

Journeyman QB Josh McCown, who played for 10 different teams in his 17-year NFL career, has retired. The last active player from the 2002 draft, McCown has been playing for so long that he was the one who handed the ball off to Emmitt Smith for the final run of his career.

That kind of determination and perseverance calls for respect. I hope he lands a coaching job in the not-too-distant future.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

cinemaniax7 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:57 pm This item is probably not newsworthy enough for the Current Events thread, so I'm posting it here:

Journeyman QB Josh McCown, who played for 10 different teams in his 17-year NFL career, has retired. The last active player from the 2002 draft, McCown has been playing for so long that he was the one who handed the ball off to Emmitt Smith for the final run of his career.

That kind of determination and perseverance calls for respect. I hope he lands a coaching job in the not-too-distant future.
They mention him as one of 7 to have thrown a pass for 7 different teams. I know Vinny Testaverde is another. Anyone have any idea who the other 5 are?

ETA: Chris Chandler is another I thought of.
9021amyers

Post by 9021amyers »

econgator wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:47 pm
cinemaniax7 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:57 pm This item is probably not newsworthy enough for the Current Events thread, so I'm posting it here:

They mention him as one of 7 to have thrown a pass for 7 different teams. I know Vinny Testaverde is another. Anyone have any idea who the other 5 are?

I believe Steve DeBerg is one of them; ironically, his seventh team was the 1998 Atlanta Falcons, where he was an injury replacement for Chris Chandler.

Beyond that, maybe Dave Krieg? Steve Beuerlein? Jeff Garcia? Gus Frerotte? Thinking of guys who were good enough to start for .500 teams, but not good enough to be a long-term option for a Super Bowl contender.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

9021amyers wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:09 pm
econgator wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:47 pm

I believe Steve DeBerg is one of them; ironically, his seventh team was the 1998 Atlanta Falcons, where he was an injury replacement for Chris Chandler.

Beyond that, maybe Dave Krieg? Steve Beuerlein? Jeff Garcia? Gus Frerotte? Thinking of guys who were good enough to start for .500 teams, but not good enough to be a long-term option for a Super Bowl contender.
Looks like deBerg only threw for 6 (never threw a pass for Dallas), as did Kreig and Beuerlein. Garcia had 5. Frerotte is, indeed, one of them, though (I don't know the answer myself, so I'm having to look all of these up :) ).
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

After a bit of digging, I've also found:

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Jeff Blake
Steve Bono
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Bottom of page 2? Unacceptable. Baseball fans be sure to check out the Google Doodle and be ready for some creative pitches. First time I've ever hit 800ft+ or 900ft+ home runs in any video game.
ouachiouat

Post by ouachiouat »

MarkBarrett wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:23 am Bottom of page 2? Unacceptable. Baseball fans be sure to check out the Google Doodle and be ready for some creative pitches. First time I've ever hit 800ft+ or 900ft+ home runs in any video game.
In my 1st or 2nd game, I hit one 971 feet. From that point, I had to see if 1000ft+ ones are possible. They are. I launched one 1514 with the corn dog.

Also, a hint: the pitcher's hat tips his pitches. If it turns red/orange, swing as soon as he throws it--that's the one that if you make contact on, you'll absolutely launch, but it's also a crazy fast fastball.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

ouachiouat wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:24 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:23 am Bottom of page 2? Unacceptable. Baseball fans be sure to check out the Google Doodle and be ready for some creative pitches. First time I've ever hit 800ft+ or 900ft+ home runs in any video game.
In my 1st or 2nd game, I hit one 971 feet. From that point, I had to see if 1000ft+ ones are possible. They are. I launched one 1514 with the corn dog.

Also, a hint: the pitcher's hat tips his pitches. If it turns red/orange, swing as soon as he throws it--that's the one that if you make contact on, you'll absolutely launch, but it's also a crazy fast fastball.
Their fielders suck.
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

econgator wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:58 pm Steve Bono
The Westport Flea Market bar in Kansas City still displays a Bono jersey with a quiverfull of arrows stuck to it.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

I got a 1,935 ft. homer off a fastball. I've also kept several fastballs on the field.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

seaborgium wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:39 pm

I got a 1,935 ft. homer off a fastball. I've also kept several fastballs on the field.
It was like McGwire connecting off Randy Johnson when I had this shot off a red fastball:

1,935 ft. gives me something to shoot for.

When the game is over 1/9 playing card type images is displayed for one other fun feature.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

I got some mustard on this one. I wonder if the different snacks are programmed to hit differently?