Reretaken Down

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

gameshowfandanny
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by gameshowfandanny »

The champion on Jeopardy! yesterday
Spoiler
and today
was on Wheel of Fortune on January 19, 2018 and finished in second place with $10,600.

MinnesotaMyron
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

Welcome to the 238(!) guests currently browsing the board. Hope you find us to your liking.

MinnesotaMyron
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

MinnesotaMyron wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:33 pm
Welcome to the 238(!) guests currently browsing the board. Hope you find us to your liking.
Now it's 269!

(I did that thing where I quote instead of editing. Sorry.)

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

XFL has cancelled the rest of its regular season and players can sign with the NFL. What's next to go? Wrestlemania?

Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

MinnesotaMyron wrote:
MinnesotaMyron wrote:
Now it's 269!

(I did that thing where I quote instead of editing. Sorry.)
Dang, what happened today? 356 now.

jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

Does seem like an absurd number of guests but I never look at this, maybe it's just normal? Refreshing repeatedly I saw wild swings of up to 50 or so within seconds so who/what ever they are, lots of them coming and going at a rapid pace.

Golf

Post by Golf »

MarkBarrett wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:58 pm
XFL has cancelled the rest of its regular season and players can sign with the NFL. What's next to go? Wrestlemania?
The PGA Tour and all of its affiliates through early April. This affects me personally and is frustrating albeit understood.

LucarioSnooperVixey
Darling Sillyclaws

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

Last edited by LucarioSnooperVixey on Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas Squasoni
QuizUp: 131.9k games
Alpaca Farm: 1489 quizzes

MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

I'll put the link here to avoid scaring/offending anyone by bumping any of the Alex Trebek type threads: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBRqQ78U3Pk

This is LeVar Burton hosting "Who's the Captain Now?" on Jimmy Kimmel's show with Pete Buttigieg (guest co-host) playing against Sir Patrick Stewart.

Mr. Burton had been mentioned multiple times as a suitable next host of J! and the segment is a good test for judging such skills.

Volante

Post by Volante »

MarkBarrett wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:04 pm
I'll put the link here to avoid scaring/offending anyone by bumping any of the Alex Trebek type threads: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBRqQ78U3Pk

This is LeVar Burton hosting "Who's the Captain Now?" on Jimmy Kimmel's show with Pete Buttigieg (guest co-host) playing against Sir Patrick Stewart.

Mr. Burton had been mentioned multiple times as a suitable next host of J! and the segment is a good test for judging such skills.
I mean, deepfake and hologram tech has come so far...it's not like we -need- a replacement human at this point... :D

triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Volante wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:50 pm
MarkBarrett wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:04 pm

I mean, deepfake and hologram tech has come so far...it's not like we -need- a replacement human at this point... :D
That’s why they’re so tight lipped about the next host... there is no next host, it will be Alex forever.

70s fro week will be something to look forward to.
Total game show career losings = $171,522

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

So, I get an email from 7-11 about what they are doing about the virus. One of the bullet points is this:

"Temporarily discontinuing the use of personal cups for hot and cold dispensed beverages. We will still honor the discount offered for anyone who brings in a personal cup to participating stores."

Sooooooo... I have to bring the cup into the store to get the discount, but I cannot actually pour soda/coffee into it, instead using one of their cups? What am I missing?

MinnesotaMyron
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

econgator wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:25 am
So, I get an email from 7-11 about what they are doing about the virus. One of the bullet points is this:

"Temporarily discontinuing the use of personal cups for hot and cold dispensed beverages. We will still honor the discount offered for anyone who brings in a personal cup to participating stores."

Sooooooo... I have to bring the cup into the store to get the discount, but I cannot actually pour soda/coffee into it, instead using one of their cups? What am I missing?
No I think you have it exactly. People would complain about having to pay full price for the coffee when they bought the cup, otherwise.

Starbucks is doing something similar; not allowing reusable cups, I mean.

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

MinnesotaMyron wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:57 am
econgator wrote:

No I think you have it exactly. People would complain about having to pay full price for the coffee when they bought the cup, otherwise.

No, my question is why can't I use my cup? I've already brought it to the store as they require, so what harm can I possibly do? I'd understand it if I didn't have to even bring the cup, but once it's in the store the damage is done.

jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

econgator wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:32 am
MinnesotaMyron wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:57 am
econgator wrote:

No, my question is why can't I use my cup? I've already brought it to the store as they require, so what harm can I possibly do? I'd understand it if I didn't have to even bring the cup, but once it's in the store the damage is done.
Putting the cup on the counter or the machine to dispense beverage into it, feels like the thing they want to avoid. Not sure about coffee but a lot of soft drink machines you actually use the cup to push the lever to dispense it so you have no choice but to touch your cup to the machine. And even without that, the bottom of your cup is touching some surface while dispensing the veverage, where the next person is also going to place their cup. So I can see why they don't want people using them, but I can also see your point that once you've brought the cup into the store, then where are you going to put it while you fix your drink in their cup?

Ok I've solved it, place your cup in a clear, sealed gallon-sized ziploc bag so you can show it to them while not exposing any germs it might be carrying.

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Publix is going to start closing at 8:00 in order to give employees more time to restock and clean shelves.

I was in one yesterday and there was literally no toilet paper on the shelves. People are going crazy.

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

jeff6286 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:41 am
So I can see why they don't want people using them, but I can also see your point that once you've brought the cup into the store, then where are you going to put it while you fix your drink in their cup?
That and the coffee is simply poured out of a coffee pot. Maybe they're requiring everyone to wear gloves when pouring, but that's a far greater transmission risk than setting a cup down on a surface.

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Bamaman wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:02 am
Publix is going to start closing at 8:00 in order to give employees more time to restock and clean shelves.
Walmart is following suit, as all of their stores will be closed from 11 PM - 6 AM to allow for cleaning and restocking. Stores with more restrictive hours already will continue to follow those.

Volante

Post by Volante »

econgator wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:38 pm
Bamaman wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:02 am
Walmart is following suit, as all of their stores will be closed from 11 PM - 6 AM to allow for cleaning and restocking. Stores with more restrictive hours already will continue to follow those.
Supermarket by me went from 24 hours to 8A-8P. TP aisle was stripped bare (it's called a bidet, people, come on...), water aisle was about half gone.

Then I saw this:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... oronavirus
Gavin Newsom has directed the closure of all bars, wineries, nightclubs and brewpubs in the state and called for all seniors age 65 years or older to stay in home isolation to curb the spread of coronavirus.

While Newsom directed the closure of all bars, wineries, nightclubs and brewpubs, he allowed restaurants to stay open, but at half-capacity, acknowledging that people need access to food.
So, annoyingly, I'm probably going to go out -more- cause they're going to be hurting; thin margins as it is, this is going to be killer.

https://apnews.com/1510caddee80ea2d73363fab76d55967
the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a dramatic recommendation: Because large events can fuel the spread of the disease, it said gatherings of 50 people or more should be canceled or postponed throughout the country for the next eight weeks.
Well.

Volante

Post by Volante »

Nuts.