Reretaken Down

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

User avatar
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur
Posts: 7035
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by Volante »

I see Opus is enjoying his time off...

https://twitter.com/shedd_aquarium/stat ... 1006185478

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 10535
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by MarkBarrett »

Just curious if anyone has seen plans for The Voice and/or American Idol for how they will handle their current seasons as they near the live audience portion?

The View was live today though with a larger than usual table to have distance between the co-hosts. https://popculture.com/tv-shows/2020/03 ... -pandemic/

User avatar
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur
Posts: 7035
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by Volante »

Volante wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:53 pm
I see Opus is enjoying his time off...

https://twitter.com/shedd_aquarium/stat ... 1006185478
More penguin enrichment: https://news.avclub.com/today-in-pengui ... 1842395049

Also, now I'M stuck at home...(after already driving to work and finding out the email closing the place was sent at 6PM...yeah, no, I'm not paid to check stuff after hours)

Addition: stuck at home -for a fortnight-... :?

User avatar
alietr
Site Admin
Posts: 7012
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by alietr »

pb200320.gif
pb200320.gif (75.97 KiB) Viewed 2785 times

MattKnowles
selwonKttaM
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by MattKnowles »

Coronavirus Hiatus Challenge?

I'm not able to take the initiative but if anybody is home for two weeks...
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 10535
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by MarkBarrett »

Can't let it sink to page 2.

The winner had the $1,000,000 wedge in play but spun $37,000.

Image

I was way off for the solve but made myself laugh by working out: FINDING BOOTY

The correct answer that the contestant also could not get:
Spoiler
DUNKING BOOTH

User avatar
gnash
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 1678
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:24 am

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by gnash »


User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 10535
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by MarkBarrett »

With no sports to watch I often keep my TV still on KGO after J! instead of immediately changing the channel. Instead of WoF coming on it was David Muir with ABC news again. Not a special break-in, but a replay of the earlier national broadcast. Wheel has been bumped to the middle of the night this week as it's already on the schedule that way and I never noticed. Even though it's a week of reruns I'm still a little surprised at the move as viewers who pay no attention to schedules still expect their show whether new or not.

Next week it's new episodes and the normal 7:30 slot on the schedule.

If J! runs out of new episodes for June & July I would not like an hour of news to be the solution.

User avatar
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire
Posts: 1194
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by trainman »

MarkBarrett wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:40 pm
With no sports to watch I often keep my TV still on KGO after J! instead of immediately changing the channel. Instead of WoF coming on it was David Muir with ABC news again. Not a special break-in, but a replay of the earlier national broadcast.
So is KGO running "World News Tonight" at both 6:30 and 7:30, or are they running an hour of local news at 6:00 and "World News Tonight" only at 7:30?
If J! runs out of new episodes for June & July I would not like an hour of news to be the solution.
If that happens, it'll be a station-by-station decision -- there's still going be a daily distribution of some episode of J!. Running an extra half-hour of news instead of J! isn't going to be a viable option for some stations.

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 10535
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by MarkBarrett »

trainman wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:59 pm
MarkBarrett wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:40 pm
With no sports to watch I often keep my TV still on KGO after J! instead of immediately changing the channel. Instead of WoF coming on it was David Muir with ABC news again. Not a special break-in, but a replay of the earlier national broadcast.
So is KGO running "World News Tonight" at both 6:30 and 7:30, or are they running an hour of local news at 6:00 and "World News Tonight" only at 7:30?
If J! runs out of new episodes for June & July I would not like an hour of news to be the solution.
If that happens, it'll be a station-by-station decision -- there's still going be a daily distribution of some episode of J!. Running an extra half-hour of news instead of J! isn't going to be a viable option for some stations.

Local News 11-12pm
Pandemic: What You Need to Know (Strahan, Sara & Keke off the schedule) 12-1 (that's national, right?)
Tamron Hall 1-2
General Hospital 2-3
Local news 3-3:30
ABC World News Tonight with David Muir 3:30-4
Local news 4-5 & 5-5:30
Replay of David Muir 5:30-6
Local news 6-7
J! at 7
Muir for the 3rd time 7:30-8

Next week it's the same other than Wheel in place of the 3rd Muir.

User avatar
MinnesotaMyron
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 2006
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

Has a Teachers Tournament taped?

davey
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 3768
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:55 pm

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by davey »

MarkBarrett wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:40 pm
With no sports to watch I often keep my TV still on KGO after J! instead of immediately changing the channel. Instead of WoF coming on it was David Muir with ABC news again. Not a special break-in, but a replay of the earlier national broadcast. Wheel has been bumped to the middle of the night this week as it's already on the schedule that way and I never noticed. Even though it's a week of reruns I'm still a little surprised at the move as viewers who pay no attention to schedules still expect their show whether new or not.

Next week it's new episodes and the normal 7:30 slot on the schedule.
The same in NYC this week...

User avatar
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire
Posts: 1194
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by trainman »

MarkBarrett wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:12 pm
Local News 11-12pm
Pandemic: What You Need to Know (Strahan, Sara & Keke off the schedule) 12-1 (that's national, right?)
Tamron Hall 1-2
General Hospital 2-3
Local news 3-3:30
ABC World News Tonight with David Muir 3:30-4
Local news 4-5 & 5-5:30
Replay of David Muir 5:30-6
Local news 6-7
J! at 7
Muir for the 3rd time 7:30-8
I just checked, and KABC is the same this week, except for "World News Tonight" at 6:30 instead of 5:30.

The second (and third) showings of "Word News Tonight" may not literally be replays -- depends on whether or not ABC is doing "West Coast" updates of the broadcast.

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 10535
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by MarkBarrett »

When some baseball players die that I remember from the early 1970s it's often a baseball card from one year that comes to mind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Farmer

https://www.google.com/search?q=ed+farm ... 60&bih=460

For Ed Farmer his 1972 card that I opened a lot came to mind.

User avatar
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur
Posts: 7035
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by Volante »

So I just realized, because of my eyeball lasering, I have now apocalypse proofed my vision. No emulating Piggy for me when society goes all Lord of the Flies now.

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 10535
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by MarkBarrett »

Volante wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:55 pm
So I just realized, because of my eyeball lasering, I have now apocalypse proofed my vision. No emulating Piggy for me when society goes all Lord of the Flies now.
LotF while I was thinking TZ.

Image

User avatar
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month
Posts: 1883
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:23 pm
Location: Marana, AZ
Contact:

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by RandyG »

MarkBarrett wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:16 pm
Volante wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:55 pm
So I just realized, because of my eyeball lasering, I have now apocalypse proofed my vision. No emulating Piggy for me when society goes all Lord of the Flies now.
LotF while I was thinking TZ.

Image
I thought of that episode too.... and I just happened to watch it two nights ago on Hulu.

ETA: OK, Twilight Zone fans... Burgess Meredith is tied among actors for the most starring roles in original TZ episodes, with 4. (Other actors have appeared in more than 4, but in bit roles.) Aside from Henry Bemis in "Time Enough At Last" (above), name any of the other 3. A general description other than exact character names or episode titles is perfectly sufficient.
"The COMPLETE GUIDE To Republican Ethics: tRump Edition" is right ===> here

User avatar
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur
Posts: 7035
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by Volante »

RandyG wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:45 am
MarkBarrett wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:16 pm
Volante wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:55 pm
So I just realized, because of my eyeball lasering, I have now apocalypse proofed my vision. No emulating Piggy for me when society goes all Lord of the Flies now.
LotF while I was thinking TZ.

Image
I thought of that episode too.... and I just happened to watch it two nights ago on Hulu.

ETA: OK, Twilight Zone fans... Burgess Meredith is tied among actors for the most starring roles in original TZ episodes, with 4. (Other actors have appeared in more than 4, but in bit roles.) Aside from Henry Bemis in "Time Enough At Last" (above), name any of the other 3. A general description other than exact character names or episode titles is perfectly sufficient.
I can do one...
Spoiler
He plays a librarian who's hidden away a bible and sentenced to death by having his apartment collapse on him along with the person who sentenced him

User avatar
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month
Posts: 1883
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:23 pm
Location: Marana, AZ
Contact:

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by RandyG »

Volante wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:15 am
RandyG wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:45 am
MarkBarrett wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:16 pm
Volante wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:55 pm
So I just realized, because of my eyeball lasering, I have now apocalypse proofed my vision. No emulating Piggy for me when society goes all Lord of the Flies now.
LotF while I was thinking TZ.

Image
I thought of that episode too.... and I just happened to watch it two nights ago on Hulu.

ETA: OK, Twilight Zone fans... Burgess Meredith is tied among actors for the most starring roles in original TZ episodes, with 4. (Other actors have appeared in more than 4, but in bit roles.) Aside from Henry Bemis in "Time Enough At Last" (above), name any of the other 3. A general description other than exact character names or episode titles is perfectly sufficient.
I can do one...
Spoiler
He plays a librarian who's hidden away a bible and sentenced to death by having his apartment collapse on him along with the person who sentenced him
Yup, that's a good one. Now I'll have to watch that one too....along with probably another 150 episodes.

Remember, if you're old enough, when tv series had a minimum of 30 episodes per year, and barely half of them were broadcast again? Summer rerun season, anyone? And no recording equipment, no video stores, no inter....um, net?
"The COMPLETE GUIDE To Republican Ethics: tRump Edition" is right ===> here

User avatar
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur
Posts: 7035
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by Volante »

RandyG wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:50 pm
Spoiler
Volante wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:15 am
RandyG wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:45 am
MarkBarrett wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:16 pm
Volante wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:55 pm
So I just realized, because of my eyeball lasering, I have now apocalypse proofed my vision. No emulating Piggy for me when society goes all Lord of the Flies now.
LotF while I was thinking TZ.

Image
I thought of that episode too.... and I just happened to watch it two nights ago on Hulu.

ETA: OK, Twilight Zone fans... Burgess Meredith is tied among actors for the most starring roles in original TZ episodes, with 4. (Other actors have appeared in more than 4, but in bit roles.) Aside from Henry Bemis in "Time Enough At Last" (above), name any of the other 3. A general description other than exact character names or episode titles is perfectly sufficient.
I can do one...
Spoiler
He plays a librarian who's hidden away a bible and sentenced to death by having his apartment collapse on him along with the person who sentenced him
Yup, that's a good one. Now I'll have to watch that one too....along with probably another 150 episodes.

Remember, if you're old enough, when tv series had a minimum of 30 episodes per year, and barely half of them were broadcast again? Summer rerun season, anyone? And no recording equipment, no video stores, no inter....um, net?
Looked up the other two. I know one episode, didn't remember he was the lead. Haven't seen the other;
Spoiler
Netflix doesn't have season 4 (the double length season) for some reason.

Post Reply