Your Screenname: What inspired it?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Judy5cents
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: Your Screenname: What inspired it?

Post by Judy5cents »

My screen name Judy5cents is courtesy of Woody Allen, from a scene in "Annie Hall," where young Alvey Singer is being harassed by a friend of his father's. "You can always remember my name. Just think of Joey Five Cents!" My co-workers thought that scene was hilarious and always called me Judy Five Cents. I've hung on to the nickname ever since.

Here's the scene on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5aMAoEbFl0
Noon
Contributor

Post by Noon »

I chose the screen name Noon because I was born at noon and because it is my favorite time of day.
Vanya
The support is non-zero

Post by Vanya »

Noon wrote:I chose the screen name Noon because I was born at noon and because it is my favorite time of day.
Darkness at the break of noon
Shadows even the silver spoon
The handmade blade, the child's balloon
Eclipses both the sun and moon
To understand you know too soon
There is no sense in trying.
mnMellie

Post by mnMellie »

Mine is my state + nickname. It's my go-to username.
Peggles
Grand Exalted Queen of the Universe

Post by Peggles »

Secretariat wrote:The horse on the Late Late Show.

I love that critter. Geoff is pretty funny too.
Peggles
Grand Exalted Queen of the Universe

Post by Peggles »

I'm generally called Peg or Peggy; but one day my youngest sister Julie called me "Peggles" and I liked it. I use it on a few sites, along with (occasionally) Pookie's Mom. Pookie is my sweet little kitty-cat. :D
d4z

Post by d4z »

My screen name represents the pronunciation of my nickname and last name together.
Vanya
The support is non-zero

Post by Vanya »

d4z wrote:My screen name represents the pronunciation of my nickname and last name together.
Zee or zed?
d4z

Post by d4z »

Vanya wrote:
d4z wrote:My screen name represents the pronunciation of my nickname and last name together.
Zee or zed?
Zee. (Sorry, I forgot that there are quite a few Canadians on this board.)
Christy
Contributor

Post by Christy »

My screen name is the same as my first name. It's as simple as that!
DPP

Post by DPP »

My screen name is my initials, as you might have guessed.
Cat Hat
Contributor

Post by Cat Hat »

I'm a lover of cats and hats. Two of my favorite childhood books were "The Cat in the Hat" and "The Cat in the Hat Comes Back." So I chose the name Cat Hat.
xxaaaxx
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by xxaaaxx »

I was trying to sign up for some website or another back in the 90s, and after trying every other screen name I wanted, only to find they were taken (including some based off my real name :roll: ), I tapped some random letters in frustration. Apparently my fingers never left the x and a keys. At first it was just a throwaway, but it grew on me, and by 2002 I was using it almost everywhere.

I don't think I need to explain my avatar :mrgreen:
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

xxaaaxx wrote: I don't think I need to explain my avatar :mrgreen:
After today's game, I think you do.
Bristle
Contributor

Post by Bristle »

Bristle is my last name.
gem
Contributor

Post by gem »

My screen name "gem" is my initials and it's also one of my nicknames. I like gems and jewelry.
Kingoftheelephants
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by Kingoftheelephants »

First off, my screen name is not a political reference (That possibility dawned on me only after I signed up here). It actually comes from my childhood- my mother had a glass cookie jar in the shape of an elephant, that one December she filled with chocolate chip cookies. Basically, I proceeded to eat all the cookies before anyone else got near them. My younger brother began to call me "Babar" after that, in refence to the cookie jar and its calorie content. Thirty years on, even though I am now a fairly thin adult, he still sometimes calls me Babar. So that's where it comes from. And, besides, since legendarily "elephants never forget", it seems appropriate for a trivia-based site.
TheyCallMeMrKid
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by TheyCallMeMrKid »

When I was in my early 20's, I started golfing on Saturday mornings with a group of my dad's buddies. (I didn't have any friends at the time who were regular golfers.) These guys usually referred to each other, including my dad, by their last names. To differentiate us, they started calling me "Kid" and my dad "Old Man".

Fast forward to a golfing trip to Arizona a couple of years later--Dad didn't go on this trip. The course had asked for a list of player names with the tee time reservations. Turns out, the reason for the names was so that they could make each of us personalized golf bag tags. Because of the list that was turned in by one of the other guys, my bag tag ended up saying "Mr. Kid". We all got a good laugh about it, I liked it enough that I kept the tag, and frequently use some variation of it for screennames on various websites. Also, whenever those guys would call me "Kid" from that point on, I would correct them and say, "That's Mr. Kid to you!"

So this screenname is a combination of that, plus a quote from one of my favorite older movies, "In the Heat of the Night".
Sheepin' it real.
titchat

Post by titchat »

Well, I always get conflicted when I have to make usernames. I don't know if I should be a little formal and use my initials or last name or first name or some something to do with lions. After all, my name is Leo. But then I don't want to give away private information.

However, if I create a handle to vague, then I will forget it. So, to split the difference. I decided to go to a random username generator. Random Word 1, Random Word 2, badabing badaboom--username.

titchat is not what came up but simply a modification of what I generated. I can be titch-at or tit-chat, whatever suits your fancy. You can call me Leo but not late for supper. I look forward to expanding my knowledge and love for learning with you.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

titchat wrote:Well, I always get conflicted when I have to make usernames. I don't know if I should be a little formal and use my initials or last name or first name or some something to do with lions. After all, my name is Leo. But then I don't want to give away private information.

However, if I create a handle to vague, then I will forget it. So, to split the difference. I decided to go to a random username generator. Random Word 1, Random Word 2, badabing badaboom--username.

titchat is not what came up but simply a modification of what I generated. I can be titch-at or tit-chat, whatever suits your fancy. You can call me Leo but not late for supper. I look forward to expanding my knowledge and love for learning with you.
How about I just call you "Chat Roulette" for short. :)

Welcome.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012