Free Webinar on Thursday 5/29: The Jeopardy! Audition Process and How To Prepare

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Free Webinar on Thursday 5/29: The Jeopardy! Audition Process and How To Prepare

Post by RandyG »

Jeopardy! audition season is upon us, which means that comments and questions about auditions are already flowing on the board. Having been there, i.e. nailing an audition, and having participated in several of these threads over the years, I thought it would be valuable now to take the discussion a step farther. So......

Next Thursday evening (5/29), JBoard's own Dr. J and I will be hosting a live, interactive, open-to-all, and free webinar on the "Jeopardy! Audition Process and How To Prepare For It." You know Dr. J., a.k.a. Stephanie Jass, 7-time super champion and TOC semi-finalist during season 29, and frequent contributor on the board.

WHEN: Thursday, May 29th, 5:00-6:00 pm Pacific, 8:00-9:00 pm Eastern (If it runs somewhat over an hour, then so be it.)
WHERE: You'll be able to attend either online or via phone
HOW DO I SIGN UP: http://jeopardyaudition.com/

If you have an audition coming up, are hoping (praying) to have an audition coming up, or are just interested in the process, this webinar is for you. (And it's no secret that learning how to prepare for a Jeopardy! audition also prepares you for many other life situations.)

When you sign up -- double opt-in, btw -- you'll be sent specific instructions on how to login, how to submit questions in advance that you'd like us to address, and I also hope to have a handout available that you can download prior to the webinar. You'll also be able to interact with us and ask questions during the webinar. (Yes, real voices and real-time texting.) Submitting your questions in advance is preferred, as there's a much better chance of their being addressed.

Seating is limited during the live event, but I'm giving my fellow boardies dibs before I start posting notices elsewhere.

A replay of the webinar will be available immediately afterwards, so even if you can't attend the live event, sign up now and you'll have access to the replay at a more convenient time for you.

I hope that you'll find this helpful, and If all goes well -- or even if it doesn't this time -- we plan to have additional webinars on related topics in the coming months.

Again, follow this link to register: http://jeopardyaudition.com

Cheers,
Randy

P.S. If you've had experience with online webinars before, the platform I'm using (InstantTeleseminar) is browser-based, so there will be no need for you to download any software prior to the event. Yay! It might also work on tablets and smart phones, but I can't guarantee either. If attending via computer is a problem, then calling in is the better alternative.
Last edited by RandyG on Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zakharov
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Free Webinar on Thursday 5/29: The Jeopardy! Audition Process and How To Pre

Post by zakharov »

This is amazing - I will literally be on a bus to my audition in DC the next day while this is happening! At least it'll be my third so no surprises are likely.

Very cool, thanks for putting this together.
Last edited by zakharov on Thu May 22, 2014 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4-time pool swimmer - last audition June 2019
Follow me on Twitter @JakeMHS
RandyG

Re: Free Webinar on Thursday 5/29: The Jeopardy! Audition Process and How To Pre

Post by RandyG »

zakharov wrote:This is amazing - I will literally be on a bus to my audition in DC the next day while this is happening! At least it'll be my third so no surprises are lucky.

Very cool, thanks for putting this together.
Great fortune to you! Third time was the charm for me. I'm sure you'll report back afterwards.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Thank you guys so much! I reserved my seat! Kids have their swimming lessons that day, so I may or may not be there, but I really would like to (my wife can always take them. :) )

Hopefully they'll announce the Minneapolis ones (and have my name on them) by then!
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
BobF

Post by BobF »

RandyG wrote:Image
Jeopardy! audition season is upon us, which means that comments and questions about auditions are already flowing on the board. Having been there, i.e. nailing an audition, and having participated in several of these threads over the years, I thought it would be valuable now to take the discussion a step farther. So......

Next Thursday evening (5/29), JBoard's own Dr. J and I will be hosting a live, interactive, open-to-all, and free webinar on the "Jeopardy! Audition Process and How To Prepare For It." You know Dr. J., a.k.a. Stephanie Jass, 7-time super champion and TOC semi-finalist during season 29, and frequent contributor on the board.

WHEN: Thursday, May 29th, 5:00-6:00 pm Pacific, 8:00-9:00 pm Eastern (If it runs somewhat over an hour, then so be it.)
WHERE: You'll be able to attend either online or via phone
HOW DO I SIGN UP: http://j-audition-webinar.myinstapage.com/

If you have an audition coming up, are hoping (praying) to have an audition coming up, or are just interested in the process, this webinar is for you. (And it's no secret that learning how to prepare for a Jeopardy! audition also prepares you for many other life situations.)

When you sign up -- double opt-in, btw -- you'll be sent specific instructions on how to login, how to submit questions in advance that you'd like us to address, and I also hope to have a handout available that you can download prior to the webinar. You'll also be able to interact with us and ask questions during the webinar. (Yes, real voices and real-time texting.) Submitting your questions in advance is preferred, as there's a much better chance of their being addressed.

Seating is limited during the live event, but I'm giving my fellow boardies dibs before I start posting notices elsewhere.

A replay of the webinar will be available immediately afterwards, so even if you can't attend the live event, sign up now and you'll have access to the replay at a more convenient time for you.

I hope that you'll find this helpful, and If all goes well -- or even if it doesn't this time -- we plan to have additional webinars on related topics in the coming months.

Again, follow this link to register: http://j-audition-webinar.myinstapage.com/

Cheers,
Randy

P.S. If you've had experience with online webinars before, the platform I'm using (InstantTeleseminar) is browser-based, so there will be no need for you to download any software prior to the event. Yay! It might also work on tablets and smart phones, but I can't guarantee either. If attending via computer is a problem, then calling in is the better alternative.
Wow, thank you both so much! This is perfectly timed for me as well since it ends 60 hours before my audition in DC begins. This is super cool!
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Will we be able to watch it afterwards if we don't see it live?
RandyG

Post by RandyG »

dhkendall wrote:Thank you guys so much! I reserved my seat! Kids have their swimming lessons that day, so I may or may not be there, but I really would like to (my wife can always take them. :) )
Bamaman wrote:Will we be able to watch it afterwards if we don't see it live?
As long as I remember to hit the record button -- this task is prominently highlighted at the top of my event checklist -- the webinar will be available for replay immediately afterwards. Actually, the platform automatically makes an audio recording, so that will be available even if I f*ck up the video part.
BobF wrote: Wow, thank you both so much! This is perfectly timed for me as well since it ends 60 hours before my audition in DC begins. This is super cool!
All part of my master plan, Bob. ;)

I've gotten a lot of pleasure out of being part of this community, so I'm gratified for opportunities to give back.
RandyG

Post by RandyG »

Time for a reminder bump:

The Jeopardy! Audition Process webinar, co-hosted with Stephanie Jass (Dr. J), is this Thursday 5/29 @5pm PDT, 8pm EDT.

- If you cannot attend the live webinar, a replay will be available.
- Send in your specific questions in advance to have them addressed during the webinar.... by real voices. Again, even if you cannot attend live.
- Phone-in lines are available if you want to be part of the live discussion for asking questions or making appropriate comments, time permitting.
Last edited by RandyG on Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rouquinne
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by rouquinne »

*sigh*

A year too late for me.... I may need to check out the recording if I'm not called by the end of the year, though...
sarah0114
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by sarah0114 »

This sounds like fun. I'll try to tune in just because I'm interested in what you guys have to say!
BobF

Post by BobF »

You totally deserve a bump. Softball game tonight, but I'll try to join in late.
RandyG

Post by RandyG »

BobF wrote:You totally deserve a bump. Softball game tonight, but I'll try to join in late.
Thanks Bob. I just saw your sign up come through. Replay will be available at the same link. (Good luck at the game!)

sarah0114 wrote:This sounds like fun. I'll try to tune in just because I'm interested in what you guys have to say!
Having fun at the audition and on the show should be primary goals..... right? This is no different. And we'd be interested afterwards to know what you have to say.

OK, guys, send in the barrel of monkeys.

rouquinne wrote:*sigh*

A year too late for me.... I may need to check out the recording if I'm not called by the end of the year, though...
*sigh* Good luck!
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

dhkendall wrote:Thank you guys so much! I reserved my seat! Kids have their swimming lessons that day, so I may or may not be there, but I really would like to (my wife can always take them. :) )
Bad news, I'm sick today.

Good news, I'm sick today! That means I can convince the wife to take the kids to swim class by herself and I can stay home, relax and follow the webinar in peace!

See you then!
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
BobF

Post by BobF »

RandyG wrote:
BobF wrote:You totally deserve a bump. Softball game tonight, but I'll try to join in late.
Thanks Bob. I just saw your sign up come through. Replay will be available at the same link. (Good luck at the game!)
Thanks! But I'm not at all upset about the game being just called because of rain. I was only going because they have several injured players and I'm on the sub list.

I'll also have time to do a few more questions on my TD and get ready for my son's den meeting on Friday (I'm his den leader).
TheyCallMeMrKid

Post by TheyCallMeMrKid »

BobF wrote:I'll also have time to do a few more questions on my TD and get ready for my son's den meeting on Friday (I'm his den leader).
Yes, get cracking on that TD. I'm anxious to see what my last place prize is. :cry:
Sheepin' it real.
Skipper643

Post by Skipper643 »

Wow, thank you both so much! This is perfectly timed for me as well since it ends 60 hours before my audition in DC begins. This is super cool!
Thirty-six hourse before my audition begins. Still, better late than never. ;)
BobF

Post by BobF »

TheyCallMeMrKid wrote:
BobF wrote:I'll also have time to do a few more questions on my TD and get ready for my son's den meeting on Friday (I'm his den leader).
Yes, get cracking on that TD. I'm anxious to see what my last place prize is. :cry:
You'll find yourself out of the basement after I post the responses to the next two questions. - Never mind I had to make a correction.
Last edited by BobF on Thu May 29, 2014 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RandyG

Post by RandyG »

OK, final email reminders went out a little while ago. Starting in about 2+ hours.

Thanks for all the great questions that were submitted in advance!
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Well done and thanks to you and Stephanie!

(speaking of which, one more thing to remember to do at an audition - -THANK THEM. It sure can't hurt. :) )
Dr. J
Decade Battler and Mustache Maker

Post by Dr. J »

econgator wrote:Well done and thanks to you and Stephanie!

(speaking of which, one more thing to remember to do at an audition - -THANK THEM. It sure can't hurt. :) )
OF COURSE!! How rude of me to forget :) Thank YOU for listening and reminding me of this!