FJs for the 5/19/14 week

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, econgator, dhkendall, trainman

Which FJs did you solve correctly for the 5/19/14 week?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:56 pm

In the classic version of Monopoly, the only 2 improvable properties without avenue or place in their names
76%
Stephen King borrowed the name of his fictional town Castle Rock from this 1950s novel that greatly influenced him
26%
The full name of this scholarly group founded after a lecture in 1660 includes "of London for Improving Natural Knowledge"
43%
When Apple sued for iPad patent infringement, Samsung cited this 1968 movie as the originator of the design
87%
In his last speech, he mentioned local newsmakers of the day, including his friend Cesar Chavez & Don Drysdale
63%
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I checked all five above.
11%
:( :( :( :( :( I missed all the FJs.
1%
THE MUSEUMS OF EUROPE $1200: In 1764 Empress Catherine II purchased Johann Gotzkowski's art collection, the first collection in this museum
68%
THE SECRETARY OF WAR $2000: Secretary during the Civil War, he died 4 days after Grant appointed him to the Supreme Court
26%
FAMOUS GEMSTONES $1200: The 3,107-carat Cullinan Diamond, the largest gem diamond ever known, was presented to this British king in 1907
48%
For the Monday FJ! clue I figured out Boardwalk first.
64%
For the Monday FJ! clue I figured out Marvin Gardens first.
22%
I have read the novel or I have seen a film adaptation of "Lord of the Flies."
58%
I missed the Wednesday FJ! clue by guessing some kind of Royal Academy
13%
My incorrect guess for the Friday FJ! clue was Martin Luther King, Jr.
14%
My incorrect guess for the Friday FJ! clue was John F. Kennedy.
4%

Total votes: 145

ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Re: FJs for the 5/19/14 week

Post by ElendilPickle »

:( :( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :( :mrgreen:

I'm out of the country, so I'm playing off JBoard.

I got Boardwalk, but not Marvin Gardens; have read Lord of the Flies; Royal Society was an instaget.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Re: FJs for the 5/19/14 week

Post by Volante »

I may have goofed on "Royal Society" thanks to Stardust. Got it from Netflix about two weeks before the J! episode, liked it, recently ordered the Blu-Ray to break the $35 limit on an Amazon order. So started rewatching it and one of the first lines:

"Our story really begins here, 150 years ago at the Royal Academy of Science in London, England..."

*shakes fist* Damn you, whoever scripted that line!!
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): I, Tonya (7), Despicable Me 2 (6), Despicable Me 3 (5), Downsizing (5)