A preview of Sports Jeopardy! featuring some gameplay

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

psgola
Loyal Jeopardista

A preview of Sports Jeopardy! featuring some gameplay

Post by psgola »

As a potential contestant waiting in the pool, it doesn't look that bad IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBnNoCQtS_U
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: A preview of Sports Jeopardy! featuring some gameplay

Post by Bamaman »

Didn't look too bad. Like Dan, I could not understand the lady introducing the category, but that wasn't important. Looking forward to seeing more of both her and the game.
TheyCallMeMrKid
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by TheyCallMeMrKid »

Bamaman wrote:Didn't look too bad. Like Dan, I could not understand the lady introducing the category, but that wasn't important. Looking forward to seeing more of both her and the game.
It seemed that Dan's point was more about the fact that he wasn't paying attention to what she said because, VAVAVAVOOM!
Sheepin' it real.
BobF
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by BobF »

Woo-hoo, $1250 Coryat!
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
hscer

Post by hscer »

BobF wrote:Woo-hoo, $1250 Coryat!
I wasn't faux buzzing in but I am an idiot and so said LA for the Anaheim question.
Now Completed: TD 224 - Airplane!
Coming Eventually: hscer's 3rd TD

Twitter: http://twitter.com/hscer
Sporcle: http://www.sporcle.com/user/hscer
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

TheyCallMeMrKid wrote:
Bamaman wrote:Didn't look too bad. Like Dan, I could not understand the lady introducing the category, but that wasn't important. Looking forward to seeing more of both her and the game.
It seemed that Dan's point was more about the fact that he wasn't paying attention to what she said because, VAVAVAVOOM!
No one will complain if she is slower than Oprah reading the clues.

I could not remember the golfer's name, but the others were pretty simple.
CrunchyTaco
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by CrunchyTaco »

I look forward to the UFC category for three reasons:

1. I am a fan of MMA/UFC
2 & 3. Vanessa Hanson
CoachP
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by CoachP »

Those questions seemed a lot easier than the audition material, though in fairness they were top and second row questions. Got them all (and no, I am not in the pool).
zakharov

Post by zakharov »

CoachP wrote:Those questions seemed a lot easier than the audition material, though in fairness they were top and second row questions. Got them all (and no, I am not in the pool).
Agreed, but that's always the case for tests, isn't it? I am in the pool, and the dream is alive!

Looks like "here is a picture of a thing, what is this thing?" questions live on in both formats, unfortunately.
4-time pool swimmer - last audition June 2019
Follow me on Twitter @JakeMHS
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

You could have zero knowledge of sports and gotten at least two of those and possibly the Vandy one. Only the golf clue required being a sports fan.
sarah0114
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by sarah0114 »

Bamaman wrote:You could have zero knowledge of sports and gotten at least two of those and possibly the Vandy one.
Confirmed.
zlionsfan
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by zlionsfan »

zakharov wrote:
CoachP wrote:Those questions seemed a lot easier than the audition material, though in fairness they were top and second row questions. Got them all (and no, I am not in the pool).
Agreed, but that's always the case for tests, isn't it? I am in the pool, and the dream is alive!

Looks like "here is a picture of a thing, what is this thing?" questions live on in both formats, unfortunately.
After seeing a few eps, it looks like the questions on the show do kind of match audition content ... but it seems like older contestants or those more familiar with older sports have something of an advantage. (which woo! if that is true, although I suspect if I get the call - er, email - I'll get a nightmare board instead) IIRC ep 2 in particular was one with younger(-ish?) contestants drawing a blank on old(ish) sports.

I'm also a Sony Insider, and they sent out a survey to get opinions on SJ. I told them I was disappointed it was only one ep a week. There are enough of us that I think they could do at least 2. :) Although between that, the auditions for next year, and the app, it seems like they're quite a ways from having enough content to roll out more than one per week.
JFanForever
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by JFanForever »

Not quite sure how well I'd do. I'm simply playing from watching on my laptop. I did, however, sign up again. I want to be a contestant very much and was very disappointed I didn't get an audition the first time out. So many factors. Knowing the answers is merely a small part of all of it. I'm worried I may blank, or not fast enough on the buzzer. Being on there would mean a lot to me.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

I hate watching things on my computer. Every 2 minutes, you get to watch three minutes of ads. I pretty much refuse to watch things I can't fast-forward through, so unless they put out a DVD, I'll likely never see an episode of this.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

econgator wrote:I hate watching things on my computer. Every 2 minutes, you get to watch three minutes of ads. I pretty much refuse to watch things I can't fast-forward through, so unless they put out a DVD, I'll likely never see an episode of this.
Can you watch through a Playstation on your TV? If so, then don't let the ads deter you as it is not nearly as bad as any normal half hour program. You like sports and you like J!, so there are worthwhile positives to watching it.