FJs for the 11/14/11 week

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Which FJs did you solve correctly for the 11/14/11 week?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:53 pm

7 women have been the secretary of this, the most for any department in the president's cabinet
47%
He wrote, "He looked upon the garish day With such a wistful eye; The man had killed the thing he loved, & so he had to die"
10%
Still in existence, it begin in 1688 in a British coffee shop popular with maritime folk; it soon got involved in their business
49%
It's the shorter, better-known name of the document "United States-Vietnam Relations, 1945-1967"
63%
It's rare to get Oscar nominations for Best Director & Best Actor for the same film; he is 1 of the 2 who did it twice
63%
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I checked all five above.
No votes
:( :( :( :( :( I missed all the FJs.
9%
NOVELS $2000: In this Dostoyevsky novel, Prince Myshkin, like the author, suffers from epilepsy
26%
NAME THE CITY $800: The Beat Museum in North Beach
38%
SWEET TALK $1600: Milton called this lover of Narcissus "sweetest nymph, that liv'st unseen within thy airy shell"
51%

Total votes: 89

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: FJs for the 11/14/11 week

Post by Bamaman »

:mrgreen: :( :( :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:( :( :(

For the season:
FJ: 29-16
Extras: 11-16
TOC: 5-5
Longest FJ winning streak: 8 (active 2)
Longest FJ losing streak: 3
5/5:1
4/5:2
3/5:4
2/5:2
1/5:0
0/5:0

M:Started with Perkins and went from there
T:Coleridge
W;East India Tea Company
T:Instaget
F:Beatty

No real chance on the extras.

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

jpahk wrote:i don't normally post in these threads (though i do vote)—but just thought i should pop in to brag about knowing oscar wilde. i don't normally think of him as a poet either (indeed, he was the #1 starting pitcher on my playwrights baseball team for 8 seasons), but i do know "the ballad of reading gaol". informal polling suggests that none of the other ToC players knew it, so ... yeah, tough clue. any lit question that tom nissley and roger craig both whiff on is pretty brutal.
Hmmm, I pictured Wilde more as a catcher, but that only shows what I know ...
MarkBarrett wrote:7/22/09 - Food: Liederkranz 3/87 = 3.4%
Which shows that, on any given week, at least 3 people lie in their FJ recording. :D
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

dhkendall wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote:7/22/09 - Food: Liederkranz 3/87 = 3.4%
Which shows that, on any given week, at least 3 people lie in their FJ recording. :D
I trust DHicton's and pinkfreud's claims to the Liederkranz get, and I know one person in real life (well, I've met Doug, but I'm talking here about a person I only know IRL) who knew it. I don't know who the third poll voter was.