#JeopardyLive Panel (Next: Sept 24 9:30 Eastern & Sept 27 8:00 Eastern)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

#JeopardyLive Panel (Next: Sept 24 9:30 Eastern & Sept 27 8:00 Eastern)

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

Tonight we'll be doing our fourth live panel discussion over at The Jeopardy! Fan -- if you'd like to watch, you can go to http://www.thejeopardyfan.com/2014/09/l ... cades.html

If you have any questions for us, somehow get in touch with me (the blog is best) and we'll try to answer them!
Last edited by AndyTheQuizzer on Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:08 pm, edited 21 times in total.
thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Re: Tonight 8PM EST - Live Panel Discussion

Post by thejeopardyfan »

I might add, there is a "Hangouts" label if you want to see all of our past ones, too. ;)
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Why were't previous ones mentioned here? :) (Besides the obvious "don't want my face and voice to traumatize people" caveat, that is.)

I would use Jeannie's suggestion and look at old hangouts, since we mainly talk about the shows that have aired, it's a natural fit for this place, if you like jboard.tv, you'll like these hangouts. And by all means I'm sure OntarioQuizzer appreciates people asking questions too.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
AndyTheQuizzer

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

dhkendall wrote:Why were't previous ones mentioned here? :)
I wanted to be a few episodes' experience running them before going whole hog on the publicity wagon. :)
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Re: Tonight 8PM EDT - Live Panel Discussion

Post by thejeopardyfan »

I'm curious who boardies would like to see in future panel discussions. The possibilities are endless: past contestants, future contestants, boardies, etc. While I'm at it, our next one's tomorrow night at 9:30 Central. We'll be talking about the last BotD week. We've already got one contestant from the coming week lined up for a week from now!
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

thejeopardyfan wrote:I'm curious who boardies would like to see in future panel discussions. The possibilities are endless: past contestants, future contestants, boardies, etc. While I'm at it, our next one's tomorrow night at 9:30 Central. We'll be talking about the last BotD week. We've already got one contestant from the coming week lined up for a week from now!
I'm pretty I've told you this before but I'll repeat it here: I always like having contestants on to discuss their own shows, I like the insights etc. After that I like having past contestants for the same reason. Why people would want to see me, being neither, is beyond me.

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Post by thejeopardyfan »

I'm pretty I've told you this before but I'll repeat it here: I always like having contestants on to discuss their own shows, I like the insights etc. After that I like having past contestants for the same reason. Why people would want to see me, being neither, is beyond me.
You always top my list because I like both a boardie and especially the perspective of a future contestant. (Don't tell @OntarioQuizzer.) ;)
JeopardyBill
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by JeopardyBill »

thejeopardyfan wrote:I'm curious who boardies would like to see in future panel discussions. The possibilities are endless: past contestants, future contestants, boardies, etc. While I'm at it, our next one's tomorrow night at 9:30 Central. We'll be talking about the last BotD week. We've already got one contestant from the coming week lined up for a week from now!
Hi Jeanie,

Big fan of your blog! I'm willing to take part in a future panel discussion. I'm appearing on Tuesday night's episode, and I can't wait to see which of my fellow contestants will be participating a week from now!
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

JeopardyBill wrote:
Hi Jeanie,

Big fan of your blog! I'm willing to take part in a future panel discussion. I'm appearing on Tuesday night's episode, and I can't wait to see which of my fellow contestants will be participating a week from now!
Heh, Bill, I was thinking next week's mystery guest *was* you! :) I second wanting Bill's inclusion on there!

And thanks for the kind words, Jeannie, but you're not going to have me give up my quest of getting on the show (and therefore no longer a "future contestant") that easy, you know. ;)

thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Post by thejeopardyfan »

JeopardyBill wrote:
Hi Jeanie,

Thank you so much for coming forward, Bill. I will PM you.
I didn't mean to make the guest a mystery - it's "Erica."
AndyTheQuizzer

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

Here's our link to tonight's panel: We go live at 10:30 PM Eastern!

http://www.thejeopardyfan.com/2014/09/l ... es_15.html
Andy Saunders
thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Post by thejeopardyfan »

I just have to share this development. https://plus.google.com/108210288375340 ... j65DaEqpoA Good news for everybody!
AndyTheQuizzer

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

We've got another Live Panel Discussion tonight at 7:30 PM Central!

ETA: http://www.thejeopardyfan.com/2014/09/l ... 30-pm.html
Last edited by AndyTheQuizzer on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Saunders
thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Post by thejeopardyfan »

OntarioQuizzer wrote:We've got another Live Panel Discussion tonight at 7:30 PM Central!
Boardies we're expecting include first-timers Brendan and Rex, plus Ben and Josh. And me and Andy. ;)
thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Post by thejeopardyfan »

We're having a panel discussion right now, featuring: Terri Pous, Shawn Choe, Ben Ingram, Alex DeFrank and dhkendall.
thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Post by thejeopardyfan »

We're having a "practice" Hangout for a panelist who hasn't done this and wants to make sure his computer is up to it. That is, it won't be recorded or broadcast. So all are invited. Just let me know if you want to come. It's at 11 p.m. Central tomorrow night (Sunday).
thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Post by thejeopardyfan »

Here's a link to tonight's Hangout featuring Ben Ingram, Sarah McNitt and Tod Macofsky. From last week, I had Candice, Dan and Jim but they dropped out, two of them at the last second. :( They all want to appear in the future though. Regina too.
AndyTheQuizzer

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

Andy Saunders
thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Post by thejeopardyfan »

*Expected* guests ;-): Julia Collins, Ben Ingram, Dan Tran, Jim Hamilton, Alexander Persaud, Brandon Saunders, David Kendall and me and Andy.
AndyTheQuizzer

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

Episode #11 tonight, containing what we hope are a half a dozen contestants from last week!

http://www.thejeopardyfan.com/2014/11/l ... r-5th.html
Andy Saunders