Friday, January 16, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Archivists
Fan-created archive of games and players

Friday, January 16, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Archivists »

Game Recap for Show #6985, 2015-01-16

CONTESTANTS
Nicholas Bérubé, an architect originally from State College, Pennsylvania
Mehmet Berker, a graphic designer and program manager from
Amanda Boitano, a 10th grade English teacher originally from Smithtown, New York (whose 1-day cash winnings total $24,601)

OPENING REMARKS
Alex: Hey, Johnny. Ladies and gentlemen, thank you very much. Well, folks, our new champion, Amanda, has figured out a great way to make a big dent in your student loan bill. Come on Jeopardy!, win over $30,000 in just one half hour. What will happen today as we welcome Mehmet and Nicholas? All right, let's go to work in this first round and see who is favored by these categories...

JEOPARDY! ROUND CATEGORIES
MORE THAN ONE MEANING (4/5)
DESCRIBING THE SHAKESPEARE PLAY (5/5, including 1 correct Daily Double)
EUROPEAN PAINTERS (2/5)
ACTORS & THEIR OSCAR-WINNING ROLES (4/5)
"DOWN" & "OUT" (4/5)
IN BEVERLY HILLS (2/3)

THE RIGHTS & THE WRONGS
Nicholas: 9 R, 0 W
Amanda: 8 R (including 1 DD), 1 W
Mehmet: 4 R (including 1 rebound), 1 W

Clues revealed: 28
Triple Stumpers: 7
Jeopardy! Round Potential Lach Trash: $4,800

JEOPARDY! ROUND DAILY DOUBLE
Amanda found the Daily Double on the 15th clue. Amanda had $2,000, Mehmet was in the red with -$400, and Nicholas was at $3,600. Amanda made it a True Daily Double, wagering $2,000.

DESCRIBING THE SHAKESPEARE PLAY $600: The plot? Potters plot; mid-March gets dangerous; main plotter ends up committing Strato-cide

SCORES AT THE FIRST BREAK
Amanda: $4,000
Nicholas: $3,600
Mehmet: -$400

CONTESTANT INTERVIEWS

Alex: During the commercial break, I found out that Nicholas Bérubé and I have something in common with regard to our ancestors. Yours come from...

Nicholas: Come from Quebec.

Alex: From Quebec. And each year, you go on a camping trip to that part of the world. Am I right?

Nicholas: Yep, up to Acadia National Park in Maine. Uh, and a couple years ago, we saw, uh, an old Volkswagen bus for sale on the side of the road. And all my friends and I looked at each other and we realized that we needed to make that our camping vehicle. So that's the--that's the goal of Jeopardy! today.

Alex: Oh, really?

Nicholas: Yeah.

Alex: To get yourself a Volkswagen bus.

Nicholas: Volkswagen bus, yep.

Alex: So you can make this annual trek.

Nicholas: [Laughs] Yep.

Alex: All right, good for you. Good luck.

Alex: Mehmet Berker from Los Angeles. Your dad won the lottery.

Mehmet: Yeah.

Alex: But...

Mehmet: I didn't hear about it.

[Laughter]

Mehmet: Uh, he--I--a friend of mine said, "Hey, Ali Berker, I saw, won the lottery." And I said, "Okay." Didn't think of it. Another friend said it a week later so I looked online and sure enough, an Ali Berker had won at the gas station across the street from his work.

Alex: How big a payoff?

Mehmet: 50 grand.

Alex: Hello.

Mehmet: And he just--and I called him, and there was silence, nothing.

Alex: How does it feel to be cut out of the will before they die?

[Laughter]

Mehmet: Yeah, he's just getting his ducks in a row, I guess.

Alex: You know what? If you win on our show, I won't tell your father, Ali.

[Laughter]

Mehmet: Thanks.

Alex: Ali, you're out.

Alex: Amanda Boitano is our champion. You were a tour guide at Williamsburg.

Amanda: Yes.

Alex: But not just an ordinary docent tour guide.

Amanda: Right, which there are a ton of in Colonial Williamsburg.

Alex: Yes.

Amanda: But I made my weekend pocket change by giving ghost tours through all the historic buildings, um, in Colonial Williamsburg and on William & Mary's campus, where I went to school. Um, it was--I don't know if we had ghost experiences, but it was a fun time.

Alex: A strange job. Pick up your signaling device.

[Laughter]

TRIPLE STUMPERS IN THE JEOPARDY! ROUND
MORE THAN ONE MEANING $200: A rasp or a Rolodex

"DOWN" & "OUT" $1000: In 1920 H.G. Wells turned to nonfiction & published one of these "of History"

EUROPEAN PAINTERS $400: In the 1770s he painted cartoons, or preliminary paintings, for tapestries for the Spanish crown
(Mehmet: Who was Velázquez?)

ACTORS & THEIR OSCAR-WINNING ROLES $800: 1969:
John Wayne as this grumpy U.S. marshal in "True Grit"

EUROPEAN PAINTERS $800: "The Cardinal" by this master, who was born 31 years after Leonardo but died just one year after him, is based on the "Mona Lisa"

IN BEVERLY HILLS $600: A 1920s mayor, he said "Congress--every time they make a joke, it's a law, & every time they make a law it's a joke"

EUROPEAN PAINTERS $1000: In 1912 he went to Paris to learn Cubism; in 1914 he returned to the Netherlands & showed his 16 new works
[The end-of-round signal sounds.]

SCORES AT THE END OF THE JEOPARDY! ROUND
Nicholas: $6,000
Amanda: $4,600
Mehmet: $2,600
Archivists
Fan-created archive of games and players

Re: Friday, January 16, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Archivists »

DOUBLE JEOPARDY! ROUND CATEGORIES
ARCHITECTURE & BUILDING (5/5)
COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD (5/5)
SUPER BOWLERS (1/4)
THE 17th CENTURY (2/5, including 1 missed Daily Double)
M.I.A. (0/3)
OPPOSITES (2/3, including 1 missed Daily Double)

THE RIGHTS & THE WRONGS
Nicholas: 6 R (including 1 rebound), 1 W
Mehmet: 7 R, 3 W
Amanda: 3 R (including 1 rebound), 4 W (including 2 DDs)

Clues revealed: 25
Triple Stumpers: 8
Double Jeopardy! Round Potential Lach Trash: $12,400

FIRST DOUBLE JEOPARDY! ROUND DAILY DOUBLE
Amanda snagged the next Daily Double on the 17th clue. Amanda had $4,600, Mehmet had $7,400, and Nicholas was at $8,800. Amanda wagered $2,000.

THE 17th CENTURY $1600: Under the Treaty of Karlowitz of 1699, most of Hungary was ceded to this country by the Ottoman Empire
(Amanda: What is Turkey?)

SECOND DOUBLE JEOPARDY! ROUND DAILY DOUBLE
It was Amanda who snatched up the last Daily Double of the game on the 20th clue. Amanda had $2,600, Mehmet had $5,400, and Nicholas was at $8,800. Amanda made it a True Daily Double, wagering $2,600.

OPPOSITES $1600: This 11-letter compound word sounds like it means miser, but it's the opposite
(Amanda: What is money-grubber?)

TRIPLE STUMPERS IN THE DOUBLE JEOPARDY! ROUND
SUPER BOWLERS $1200: Earl Anthony & Johnny Petraglia were this kind of bowler that, despite what some say, doesn't have a natural hook

SUPER BOWLERS $1600: This term for a bowler derives not from the beer container by the lane but from an old German word for "club"

SUPER BOWLERS $2000: It's easy as 1-2-3: this ABC was organized September 9, 1895 in New York City

THE 17th CENTURY $800: In the Kalmar War these 2 countries fought over a region that is now part of northern Norway
(Nicholas: What are Sweden and Russia?)
(Amanda: What are Finland and Russia?)
(Mehmet: Uh, what are Norway and Sweden?)

M.I.A. $1200: The first child born to English parents in the New World, she disappeared along with the rest of Roanoke Colony

M.I.A. $1600: This "Devil's Dictionary" wit went down Mexico way in 1913 & vanished without an adios

THE 17th CENTURY $2000: After coming down from Canada, in 1605 he & his party became the first Frenchmen to visit the site of Boston
(Mehmet: Who is Cabot?)

M.I.A. $2000: He & climbing partner Sandy Irvine disappeared on Mt. Everest in June 1924; his body was found 75 years later

SCORES ENTERING FINAL JEOPARDY!
Nicholas: $10,800
Mehmet: $7,000
Amanda: $1,200

FINAL JEOPARDY! CATEGORY
EPITAPHS

VENUSIAN MONOLOGUES/MARTIAN CHRONICLES
Crush for first place.
Nicholas: Wager $3,201 to cover Mehmet, but no more than $8,399 so as not to fall behind Amanda's doubled score.
Mehmet: You have the hope of surpassing Nicholas if you come up with the correct response. Bet at least $3,801 and as much as $4,600 to force Nicholas to wager to win while still protecting your second place position from being usurped by Amanda.
Amanda: Unfortunately, your score is less than the difference between the scores of the first and second place players, so unless they both blunder, you're competing for second place and have no hopes of first. Wager as much as you desire, but remember, you'll have better chances of advancing to second place if you have a larger sum left over on a Triple Stumper.

FINAL JEOPARDY! CLUE
His headstone in Rome reads in part: "This grave contains all that was mortal, of a young English poet"

FINAL SCORES
Amanda: $1,200 - $1,200 = $0 (Who is Rupert Brooke) (3rd place)
Mehmet: $7,000 - $2,399 = $4,601 (Who is Byron) (2nd place)
Nicholas: $10,800 - $4,000 = $6,800 (Who is Lord Byron) (New champion: $6,800)

Total Potential Lach Trash: $17,200

GAME DYNAMICS

CORYAT SCORES
Nicholas: $10,800, 15 R, 1 W
Mehmet: $7,000, 11 R, 4 W
Amanda: $4,400, 11 R (including 1 DD), 5 W (including 2 DDs)
Combined Coryat: $22,200

BATTING AVERAGES
Nicholas: 15/58 = .259
Mehmet: 11/58 = .190
Amanda: 11/61 = .180
Team: 37/63 = .587

MISCELLANEOUS INTERESTING CLUES
ACTORS & THEIR OSCAR-WINNING ROLES $400: 1993:
Tom Hanks as Andrew Beckett, a lawyer with AIDS, in this movie
(Amanda: What is Forrest Gump?)

ACTORS & THEIR OSCAR-WINNING ROLES $600: 2005:
This actor as Truman Capote
[Alex imitates Truman Capote while reading his name.]

EUROPEAN PAINTERS $600: A wagon is the subject of "The Hay Wain", an 1821 work by this English landscape painter
(Alex: ...with less than a minute to go.)

IN BEVERLY HILLS $800: You may recognize the Beverly Hills hotel known as "The Pink Palace" from the cover of a 1976 album from this band

COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD $1200: You don't need to brush up your Spanish to visit this northernmost Central American country
(Alex: Yes, because they speak English.)

ARCHITECTURE & BUILDING $400: In the 1870s Francois Hennebique pioneered the use of reinforced this in building construction
(Amanda: What is steel?)

ARCHITECTURE & BUILDING $800: Music students are among the users of the exhibition hall seen here in this country's Anhui Province

OPPOSITES $400: The opposite of straighten, as a noun it's found in a river
(Mehmet: Uh, what is curve?)
[Initially ruled incorrect; reversed before Final Jeopardy!]
(Nicholas: Uh, what is, uh, crooked? Or crook?)
(Alex: Less than a minute now, Nicholas.)

ARCHITECTURE & BUILDING $2000: In the early 1500s, this country's Manueline architecture used nautical motifs like chains & ropes

OPPOSITES $800: The opposite of scarce, it starts with the first 2 letfers of the alphabet
(Mehmet: Uh, um... absent.)
[The end-of-round signal sounds.]

CORRECT RESPONSES
Julius Caesar
a file
an outline
Goya
Rooster Cogburn
Raphael
Will Rogers
Piet Mondrian
Austria
spendthrift
left-handed
keglers
the American Bowling Congress
Denmark & Sweden
Virginia Dare
Ambrose Bierce
Samuel de Champlain
George Mallory
Keats
Philadelphia
Philip Seymour Hoffman
(John) Constable
the Eagles
Belize
concrete
China
bend (crook accepted)
Portugal
abundant
grindcore
Some Guy

Post by grindcore »

I feel weird posting before Jeff weighs in with the daily smiley...
Austin Powers
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Austin Powers »

Hmm. An English poet buried in a cemetery in Rome. You've got a 50% chance.
Leander

Post by Leander »

Austin Powers wrote:Hmm. An English poet buried in a cemetery in Rome. You've got a 50% chance.
Right, and I went for the wrong one :(
CrunchyTaco
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by CrunchyTaco »

A giant extended middle finger to the local NBC affiliate in the Detroit area for showing an autoshow preview instead of Jeopardy.

Edit: Looks like they will be showing the episode an hour later than normal. I rescind my prior comment.
Last edited by CrunchyTaco on Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Watched the show at my cousin's. She has a better TV than I, so I noticed a single hair sticking out on the right side of AT's head.

Wow, that DJ! round was a mess. So many TSes and obscure clues (Virginia Dare?!).

Uh, Mehmet uh, was kinda, uh, slow in uh, calling out, uh, his, uh, clues and uh, responses. "Um, I'll take Actors and their Oscar Winning Roles for $200, please, Alex." Sweet mother of crap, just freaking say "Actors for $200". This isn't rocket surgery.

Asked for a movie where Hanks plays "Andrew Beckett, a man dying from AIDS" you ring in with "Forrest Gump"?!? I laughed at that. I got Philadelphia and Duvall because I remember seeing "from the movie Tender Mercies starring Robert Duvall" when I made the Wikipedia article on singer-songwriter Craig Bickhardt.

Called the overturn on "curve".

====

Now for how I did tonight:

Lach Trash: file, outline, left-handed, Sweden/Denmark, Ambrose Bierce, spendthrift.

Othello had his own play? Also didn't know Titus Andronicus, so I was 3/5 there. Which was 3 more than I expected.

Ran More than One Meaning, and got all but "hideout" in "Down" & "Out". I believe that was also the only one where the "down" or "out" was at the end and not the beginning, wasn't it?

NHO Jared Leto or Dallas Buyer's Club.

Left-handed bowlers don't have hooks? Yeah, right, not in my experience.

I was tickled at "Sweden and Denmark" being a correct response, because when I tried out for Wheel of Fortune in STL in 2013, that was the puzzle I solved.

No guess on FJ! I wouldn't have gotten Keats in a coin-flip.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Man, those were some stunning misses and TS's: Forrest Gump?!?!?, Bierce, Turkey?? (hello? Austria-Hungary?), a couple others I don't remember.

And then the little channel "bug" on the screen messed me up. On the Martin Luther clue, it covered up the "s" in "theses", so I saw a "this" up top and a "these" down bottom, which was a tad confusing.

Started with Byron on FJ, was pretty sure he died near Greece, so switched to Keats.
Leander

Post by Leander »

Both Keats and Shelley are buried in Rome and both died before 30, so this really is a coin flip unless you know the epitaphs.
(Shelley's epitaph is from The Tempest, as he drowned at sea)
Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

Amanda, the defending champion, stumbled badly in this game, but Nicholas played pretty well. I had 31 correct responses including 4 triple stumpers: file, left-handed bowlers, American Bowling Congress, and Virginia Dare. I also got FJ.
mxc_takeshi

Post by mxc_takeshi »

25 right.

Meaning- 0; Shakespeare- 4; Europe- 3; Oscar- 4; Down- 2; Hills- 1
Architecture- 1; Country- 2; Super- 1; 17th- 3; MIA- 2; Opposite- 2

Lach Trash: "Goya", "Rooster Cogburn", "Raphael", "Virginia Dare", "Ambrose Bierce", "Champlain"

Instaget FJ- I precalled Keats before the clue because I had recently read the Wikipedia article about him; I also thought of Mel Blanc. I didn't consider Shelley because I erroneously thought he didn't have a tombstone because he was cremated.
Ryno

Post by Ryno »

Was hoping that the Super Bowlers would be about football, but hey it was still a sports category.

Lach Trash: Rooster Cogburn, Virginia Dare, Austria (DD), Champlain, Mollory, spendthrift (DD)
Clammed up on American Bowling Congress.

Got FJ. Knew it was one of those Romantics. Picked the right one.
One time swimmer in the Jeopardy! pool
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

Epitaphs
His headstone in Rome reads in part: "This grave contains all that was mortal, of a young English poet".

Spoiler
Who is John Keats? Amanda said Rupert Brooke; Mehmet and Nicholas both said said Lord Byron.

Nicholas Berube: $10,800-$4,000=$6,800...now a 1-day champion with $6,800
Mehmet Berker: $7,000-$2,399=$4,601
Amanda Boitano: $1,200-$1,200=$0
Category 13
Wagering Viking

Post by Category 13 »

I dare say Amanda has never seen the movie Forrest Gump to guess the character was a lawyer dying of AIDS. She obviously never heard of the movie Philadelphia, as far as that goes.

Nicholas seemed to have a very well timed buzzer hand. Also, I vote his for the most crafty sign-in signature of the season.

Easy Lach Trash on George Mallory and Rooster Cogburn.
doihavetoreally

Post by doihavetoreally »

Leander wrote:Both Keats and Shelley are buried in Rome and both died before 30, so this really is a coin flip unless you know the epitaphs.
(Shelley's epitaph is from The Tempest, as he drowned at sea)
Short of knowing the actual epitaph, is there any TOM in FJ wording to choose between Keats or Shelley?
Good enough to lose on Jeopardy!
Shaymin
Valued Contributor

Post by Shaymin »

Just wrapped the J! round on my DVR, but I had to chuckle at a "Friday Night Smackdown" clue on the first Friday since 2005 or so that "Smackdown" aired the night before.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but if you respond to the first clue of the game (Explain Shakespeare for $200) with
Spoiler
What is The Evil Scottish Play?
would you get negged for it?
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

I thought of Keats immediately for FJ. Byron came to mind, but I was pretty sure he wasn't buried in Rome.

This was a great fourth podium game for me.
dexterG
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by dexterG »

Went with John Keats for FJ before Alex finished reading the question. During the FJ music, thought about PB Shelley, but stuck with Keats.
goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Post by goatman »

Wowwwww... Win from the 4th on Lach trash with 34 correct including: file, outline, Sweden v. Denmark,Virginia Dare, Ambrose Bierce, Will Rogers, spendthrift, George Mallory (book: Last Climb), de Champlain and instaget FJ. Admittedly true Keats and Shelley are buried next to each other in Rome; you have to know their stories. Keats died of consumption and Shelley wrote Adonais in his honor; "Who mourns for Adonais? The soul of Adonais, like a star, Beacons from the abode where the Eternal are." This before he died in his sailboat in a storm off Tuscany.
'Who Mourns for Adonis' -->Star Trek Episode 31, 1967 in which the crew become hostage to Apollo on yet another M-class planet, lol.

"Bitter" Ambrose Bierce, "Nothing Matters," his Devil's Dictionary and 'Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge' are fairly often high-value recurrents. He went off on misadventure to Mexico in 1913 and was never seen again. He went looking for Revolutionaries Pancho Villa and Zapata and probably met up with them, so I reckon he got what he went for.

Kalmar War is one of a long series of conflicts between Danes and Swedes over Norwegian territory claimed by Christian IV of Denmark, a country which was governed by Kings named Christian and Frederick for over 500 years, the oldest monarchy in Europe and also the oldest flag (vexillology!), and eventually ends with the Treaty of Kiel in 1814 at cessation of War of 1812 hostilities, ceding Norway which became independent. Queen Margrethe broke the Chris-Fred thing in 1972, as the first Danish monarch not named Chris or Fred since 1448! Has been DD.

Keats did not want anything on his tombstone, but friends added the inscription given as TOM in this FJ clue, here's the skinny straight from poets' wiki:
In 1819 he became engaged to Fanny Brawne but by the winter of that year he had started to develop tuberculosis.

Keats left England in 1820, on the advise of his doctors, and headed for Italy with his friend Joseph Severn. By now, he was in the final stages of consumption. He arrived at Naples and then proceeded to Rome where he rented a house on the Spanish Steps. He died on the 23 February, 1821 aged only 25.

Keats requested that only the phrase:

Here lies One Whose Name was writ in Water

be inscribed on his headstone. However, his two close friends Joseph Severn and Charles Brown, who cared for him during his illness, decided to add the following:

This Grave contains all that was mortal, of a YOUNG ENGLISH POET, who on his Death Bed, in the Bitterness of his heart, at the Malicious Power of his enemies, desired these words to be Engraven on his Tomb Stone
This has been used as TOM before: "Here lies One Whose Name was writ in Water," also a TS in game #3972, itself a repeat from game #3211:
http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?g ... t+in+water
http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?g ... t+in+water

Artists was yet another challenging category full of negbait, tough call on Diego Velasquez vs Goya, which I have confused before, the TOM '1770' in this case was primarily dates. Velazquez was circa 1600-1660, his major work, Las Meninas, a painting of Spanish King Philip IV's children in which the King & Queen appear as reflections in a mirror, was 1656, shortly before he died.

Goya was later(1746-1828), he also did Spanish court work for Charles IV, these guys are so hard to keep straight, all the Charles and Philips and Eds and Freds jumble up, so you gotta get the right century, lol. Goya's famous pieces were Nude and Clothed Maja, Charles IV Family portrait, looking like "the corner baker and his wife after they won the lottery," The Third of May 1808, and Saturn Devouring His Son, a hideous mural in his last home, and Witches Sabbath in the Black Paintings series; apparently he went quite mad at the end.

Also dates TOM was key in helping with Ming dynasty, circa 14th-17th century CE. "The End of this Dynasty in 1600s" clues it in. Tough get.
Ming was the last Han dynasty, sometimes asked like this; preceded by the Yuan, succeeded by the Manchu Qing Dynasty (recently asked).

The Last Emperor was Henry Wu, 'Puyi' who was forcibly 'abdicated' by his stepmother the Dowager Empress Longyu 12 Feb 1912 to the new Republic of China. He became the puppet emperor of Manchuko during Japanese occupation and was eventually confined for 'rehabilitation.' Mao personally encouraged him to write his memoirs; "From Emperor to Citizen," which probably accurately describe his willful, selfish behavior trained from age 2 as an absolute dictator with no restraint and no empathy. He was a real spoiled brat, but had the grace to admit it.

New word for me was 'sash' for door frame, not in common usage, eh? I put in a few doors in my day, first ever to hear it, lol.

Formerly Known As: Zimbabwe = Rhodesia; as well: Harare = Salisbury, the capital also a popular FKA. Don't forget the DRC = FKA Zaire = FKA Belgian Congo, where Kinshasa = FKA Leopoldville!

George Mallory was one of many who attempted Everest before New Zealander Sir Edmund Hillary and Sherpa guide Tenzing Norgay finally summited in 1953. (Hillary was also the first person to have reached BOTH poles and summit Everest!). Mallory's ill-fated expedition in 1924 ended with the loss of Mallory and his partner Sandy Irvine in fog near the summit. His body was found in 1999. No one knows whether he summited or died trying. This expedition was also the first to discover fossils on the slopes of Everest, proving it was once underwater! (Prior ask!)

Gotta love the geography back in force with Estonia/Finland (they share same language roots with Hungary of all places, 'Finno-Ungric'); Western Samoa 1962, English-speaking central American country (also the last British colony, a prior ask) = Belize; a country 3 times the size of Capitol Mall in DC = Monaco, Leichtenstein, San Marino or Andorra would be tough calls, but Monaco is only 2 SqKm, <1 SqMile, making it 2nd world-smallest after Vatican City ta .4 SqKm, but Monaco is the smallest member nation of UN, and smallest with a coastline! Andorra is 468 SqKm, Leichtenstein 160 and San Marino 61. Luxembiourg is pretty decent size at 2600 SqKm, ~1000 square miles. The District of Columbia is 177 SqKm or 68 square miles small, so San Marino does not meet the TOM of '3 DC Mall' as The National Mall is a strip about a mile long and 400' wide.

Other fun gets: Martin Luther's 'theses' sometimes asked as 95 'these' nailed to the door in Wittenberg, or variations of the same. Selenography = moon mapping, from Greek selene = moon, remember Selenium AN 34 is named for the moon, discovered by Berzelius, who followed the pattern in naming of tellurium AN 52, in the same column in Periodic table, from Latin tellus, meaning, "earth." Instaget reinforced concrete c. 1870, and 'abundant' opposite of scarce. Got 'crook' but not 'barrel vault' or nautical style of Portugal in architecture.
Fun with bowling, sheesh NHO Kegglers, ROFLMAO, and clam on left-handed bowlers and American Bowling Congress. Back to the drawing board!

Tough boards but surprisingly weak play by our champ, she came out so strong yesterday with a 30K win I had high hopes, congrats to the new champ, may your reign last more than a day! And may the odds ever be in your favor... Tschuss!
The corridors of my mind are plastered with 3M Post-It notes!
worldwidewebster
Valued Contributor

Post by worldwidewebster »

I feel bad for Mehmet, who surely is kicking himself for that FJ bet. I can't for the life of me figure out where he came up with that amount.