Sports Jeopardy! renewed for season two

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

legendneverdies
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Sports Jeopardy! renewed for season two

Post by legendneverdies »

A post on gameshownewsnet.com reports SPorts Jeopardy! has been renewed for a second season by Crackle.
amorris525
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: SPorts Jeopardy! renewed for season two

Post by amorris525 »

Awesome. Hoping for an audition site near me...
thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Post by thejeopardyfan »

Good news!
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

I am curious whether "Crackle" gets a say. I always thought that Crackle was an instrumentality of Sony onto which content is "pushed," rather than being an entity that "pulls" content and makes approval/renewal decisions. It is not as if Crackle has a limited number of time slots in which they can air content and thus has any reason to be "choosey".

That said, congrats to all involved with the show.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Robert K S wrote:I am curious whether "Crackle" gets a say. I always thought that Crackle was an instrumentality of Sony onto which content is "pushed," rather than being an entity that "pulls" content and makes approval/renewal decisions. It is not as if Crackle has a limited number of time slots in which they can air content and thus has any reason to be "choosey".

That said, congrats to all involved with the show.
Well, if Crackle was not making enough money from ad revenue to make it worth their while to stream the show on their website they certainly wouldn't want to keep carrying it.

Of course, they run a lot of ads during SJ for their other programs, so I imagine those shows "ratings" have improved due to people being introduced to them through SJ ads.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

Bamaman wrote:Well, if Crackle was not making enough money from ad revenue to make it worth their while to stream the show on their website they certainly wouldn't want to keep carrying it.
Note that Sony owns the show "Community," and yet they made a deal with Yahoo Screen to stream it, not Crackle.

My guess is that Crackle does have a certain measure of independence, with its own budget, etc.

I would guess it's similar to the relationship between Disney and ABC -- Disney doesn't just rule by fiat over the ABC network schedule, placing every show it wants there.
zurkan
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by zurkan »

It should be noted that they consider words to be lexemes, meaning that all conjugations of a verb and all declensions of pronouns and articles are treated as single entries (e.g., write, writes, wrote and writing would all be considered a single entry, as would they/them/their)
sara
okstater04
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by okstater04 »

So I guess this all but confirms the other ideas they threw around on the survey they distributed last year - Pop Culture Jeopardy! and Second Chance Jeopardy! - might not be happening anytime soon, if ever.
okstater04
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by okstater04 »

So I guess this all but confirms the other ideas they threw around on the survey they distributed last year - Pop Culture Jeopardy! and Second Chance Jeopardy! - might not be happening anytime soon, if ever.
thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Post by thejeopardyfan »

okstater04 wrote:So I guess this all but confirms the other ideas they threw around on the survey they distributed last year - Pop Culture Jeopardy! and Second Chance Jeopardy! - might not be happening anytime soon, if ever.
What survey is that?
Spiny Norman
Valued Contributor

Re: Sports Jeopardy! renewed for season two

Post by Spiny Norman »

If anyone is interested in attending Sports J tapings, audience tickets are available for Monday, May 18 and the following Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. I cannot tell if these are Season 1 or Season 2 games. Or perhaps some of both.

http://www.wheeltickets.tv/sportsjeoprequest.html
jjwaymee

Post by jjwaymee »

My source has told me that those are the final taping days of Season 1 and then the taping day for the final game, which I believe is going to be a 2-game format. Presumably M-Th are the last regular games and Saturday is the final game(s).
jlgarfield

Post by jlgarfield »

Great news. :D I hope I can try out if they come to Seattle. :D