Tuesday, April 28, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

TenPoundHammer

Re: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by TenPoundHammer »

BigDaddyMatty wrote:
Winchell Factor wrote:Sabra is also a brand of hummus that you can buy in the grocery store. That might've gotten a person, if not to Israel, at least to the middle east.
That was my one connection to Sabra. I couldn't narrow it down any further and fully expected the correct response to be an Arabic country. I guess I don't think of Israel as "hummus country."
That reminds me of a comedy sketch from Tim Wilson. He said something about "hoo-moos" and an audience member shouted out "hummus". He then jokingly berated the audience member: "My wife's Israeli and makes it all the time. How much 'hoo-moos' have you had in your lifetime?!" I didn't know there were any outstanding brands of it, although I've eaten it some.

For the record, I saw Blues Brothers once like 12 years ago on a class trip to Virginia Beach. Also saw Shrek, to tie that back in to the Puss in Boots category.
Silverfox
Don't Step on My Tail!

Post by Silverfox »

I went 5/5 in On the back of the bill. I collect coins and currency. Yet another category that needed to wait for my arrival!
Also 5/5 in Monty or Montgomery. Now I can't stop thinking about C. Montgomery Burns.
FJ-I went with Coneheads. It was the only film that I could come up with in 30 seconds.
Be alert. Stupid never takes a day off!
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

Combining two things from this thread:

I first heard of the term "Sabra" thanks to SNL, in this 1992 sketch (sorry, that's the best video I can find online).