J! in the Media

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

mahatma
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: J! in the Media

Post by mahatma »

We are the internet's #1 site to vet your Jeopardy! fanfic!
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Make your Jeopardy! fanfic better with one weird little trick!
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

nightreign wrote:Also, the fact that he wrote "what is" after the time started. They do that during the commercial break.
Haven't always, though...
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

His failure to keep our disbelief suspended notwithstanding, I think it's an interesting concept that FJs asking for a number can be accidentally gotten right if a contestant with the wrong idea runs out of time at the perfect moment. Someone could think the correct response is ten times as large as it is and get FJ right because they weren't able to get that last digit in. Actually, this could work with monarchs and their Roman numerals, too.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

seaborgium wrote:His failure to keep our disbelief suspended notwithstanding, I think it's an interesting concept that FJs asking for a number can be accidentally gotten right if a contestant with the wrong idea runs out of time at the perfect moment. Someone could think the correct response is ten times as large as it is and get FJ right because they weren't able to get that last digit in. Actually, this could work with monarchs and their Roman numerals, too.
This may have already happened. Remember the guy who was credited in FJ! for his response of "O" when the correct response was "oxygen"? What if he was actually going for osmium, the heretofore undiscovered osmondium, or "Oh, well. At least I got on TV"?
Sprinkles are for winners.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

BigDaddyMatty wrote:
seaborgium wrote:His failure to keep our disbelief suspended notwithstanding, I think it's an interesting concept that FJs asking for a number can be accidentally gotten right if a contestant with the wrong idea runs out of time at the perfect moment. Someone could think the correct response is ten times as large as it is and get FJ right because they weren't able to get that last digit in. Actually, this could work with monarchs and their Roman numerals, too.
This may have already happened. Remember the guy who was credited in FJ! for his response of "O" when the correct response was "oxygen"? What if he was actually going for osmium, the heretofore undiscovered osmondium, or "Oh, well. At least I got on TV"?
Did the "O" writer write right when the music stopped?

(As to osmondium, it only bonds with closely related elements)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
BigDaddyMatty

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

dhkendall wrote:(As to osmondium, it only bonds with closely related elements)
He's still got it, folks!
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

dhkendall wrote: (As to osmondium, it only bonds with closely related elements)
And repels parkerium
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Volante wrote:
And repels parkerium
Tomorrow: Volante makes a Harry Potter universe elements pun.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Robert K S wrote:
Volante wrote:
And repels parkerium
Tomorrow: Volante makes a Harry Potter universe elements pun.
geeze, I totally messed up the name, too... How I turned 'osborn' into 'osmond'... :roll:
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Book review of Alexandra Petri's new book:

A Field Guide to Awkward Silences
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Went to Chipotle yesterday. On the bag my take-out sofritas burrito came in was a short column of "literature" written by Amy Tan about how she believes in ghosts. She claims that one of them whistled the Jeopardy! tune to her husband when he was naked in the shower. Which is exactly what I would do if I died and became a ghost. I can't think of anything more frightening.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Robert K S wrote:Went to Chipotle yesterday. On the bag my take-out sofritas burrito came in was a short column of "literature" written by Amy Tan about how she believes in ghosts. She claims that one of them whistled the Jeopardy! tune to her husband when he was naked in the shower. Which is exactly what I would do if I died and became a ghost. I can't think of anything more frightening.
I ain't afraid of no ghost.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Robert K S wrote:Went to Chipotle yesterday. On the bag my take-out sofritas burrito came in was a short column of "literature" written by Amy Tan about how she believes in ghosts. She claims that one of them whistled the Jeopardy! tune to her husband when he was naked in the shower. Which is exactly what I would do if I died and became a ghost. I can't think of anything more frightening.
If I have the power to get in the shower with someone without them knowing about it, Amy Tan's husband would be pretty far down on my list of people to visit.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Cod piece. And yes, I stole that really bad pun from the first commenter.
BigDaddyMatty

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

Robert K S wrote:Cod piece. And yes, I stole that really bad pun from the first commenter.
That took a lot of...um, never mind.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Bamaman wrote:
If I have the power to get in the shower with someone without them knowing about it, Amy Tan's husband would be pretty far down on my list of people to visit.
But still on your list...
Total game show career losings = $171,522
MitchO

Post by MitchO »

triviawayne wrote:
Bamaman wrote:
It's a really long list. He spends an awful long time thinking about it.
OrangeSAM
(Unranked)

Post by OrangeSAM »

triviawayne wrote:
Bamaman wrote:
Thank you all for inspiring my Clavin FJ! response: "Who are people I've never seen in the shower?"
OCSam
Mathew5000

Post by Mathew5000 »

Print ads for Alex Trebek's 1971 morning show on CBC Radio's Toronto station: http://torontoist.com/2015/07/vintage-t ... ex-trebek/