TD 250: Everything is Awesome (Awards Ceremony)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

jjwaymee
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

TD 250: Everything is Awesome (Awards Ceremony)

Post by jjwaymee »

Questions will be posted before I go to sleep tomorrow night. Sorry for the delay. Everything is not quite as awesome as I had envisioned it would be about eight weeks ago when I took this slot. Significant home renovations have consumed close to 100% of my free time for the last two weeks but, as of last night, it is done. Check back with me tomorrow...

EDIT: We are a go! Good luck!!!
Last edited by jjwaymee on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Blue Lion

Re: TD 250: Everything is Awesome

Post by Blue Lion »

I feel your pain. We've got some major home renovations on our dance card for later this summer. Looking forward to your game!
nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans

Post by nightreign »

I don't think I'll be around for the reveal of this one, but I may enter it anyway.
jjwaymee

Post by jjwaymee »

Think Different 250: Everything is Awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StTqXEQ2l-Y

Things are pretty good right now around the jjwaymee household (the aforementioned renovations notwithstanding). It's summer, my golf game is pretty good, my work schedule is nice and relaxed, and I have standing appointments with some beaches most every weekend. So, in my mind, everything is awesome. I also loved The LEGO Movie and it is going to help form a theme to this TD quiz.

There will be no hardcore academic subjects this week. I'm even going to take a break from Presidents questions. This quiz is about fun subjects, guilty pleasures and, of course, LEGOs.

Without further adieu, let’s proceed with the reading of the rules…

First and foremost,

Please use the provided answer template to compose your entry.

If you were to enter this TD by quoting from or PMing from the post with the images, you could accidentally see many spoilers in the names of the image URLs. Please DO NOT do this.

THE RULES:

1. Please send me your answers by private message (use the template!!!). Do NOT post them anywhere in this thread!

2. The deadline for submission is 9:00:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time on Tuesday, July 7. I will start posting results Tuesday evening.

3. The object, as always, is to provide the least popular correct answer for each of the questions.
a. Your score on a question equals the number of people (including you) who gave your answer.
b. Incorrect answers receive the "sheep" score (highest score on that question) plus 5 points.
c. Lowest final score wins (with total computed by adding your scores together)

4. You may DROP one question by listing ‘DROP’ instead of an answer. That will give you a score of zero points for that question.

5. You may elect to take the SHEEP score for another question. Points for the SHEEP option will always be equal to 1) the number of people selecting the most popular answer (the “SHEEP” answer) or 2) the number of people who selected the SHEEP option, whichever is greater.

6. Answers must be provided out of the wealth of information that exists in your brain - no research! However, if you are lucky enough to stumble onto an answer between when you read the question and when you submit your answers, it is fully acceptable to use that.

7. The first tiebreaker will be the number of correct answers, followed by the number of singletons, then doubletons. Should there still be a tie among any or all podium finishers after that, I will post an image of a concert venue and you must guess how many seats are in it. (I am not kidding about this...)

8. If you have questions or comments, send them to me via private message unless you are sure that what you say will not reveal answers, offer hints, steer players away from negbait, or in any other way affect the outcome. If appropriate, I’ll post clarifications below the questions.

Good luck!

Summer is about seeing some good popcorn flicks. In that vein...
Question 1: Name the movie from a scene being depicted in LEGO. Include the letter of your choice.
Spoiler
A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

I mentioned guilty pleasures. One of them (not for me, but for many) is the Twilight series of books and films.
Question 2: Name either A) one of the three main characters or B) one of the immediate family members of one of the three main characters in the Twilight series of books/movies. First name only is acceptable.

Summer is about travel and family vacations.
Question 3 : Name the capital city of one of the 17 autonomous regions in Spain.

Summertime reading is a popular activity in our house. The next question is about a prolific author's body of work.
Question 4: Name a book or short story by Stephen King that was adapted into a film with a theatrical release (TV movies are not valid)

The pop song that performs the best on the Billboard charts each year between Memorial Day and Labor Day is declared the Song of the Summer. How much do you remember about these songs?
Question 5: Name the title of one of these Songs of the Summer given the year and the artist(s) that performed it.

1989 – Richard Marx
1992 – Sir Mix-a-Lot
1995 – TLC
1996 – Los Del Rio
1998 – Brandy & Monica
2002 – Nelly
2003 – Beyonce featuring Jay-Z
2007 – Rihanna featuring Jay-Z
2008 – Katy Perry
2009 – Black Eyed Peas
2011 – LMFAO
2012 – Carly Rae Jepsen
2013 – Robin Thicke
2014 – Iggy Azalea featuring Charli XCX

More LEGOs!
Question 6: Name the city in which you would find the landmark being represented in LEGO. I am NOT asking for the name of the landmark. Include the letter of your choice.
Spoiler
A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

Summertime has launched some popular reality TV shows.
Question 7: Name the reality show that was won by one of the people listed below. Include the letter of your choice.

A. Bill Rancic
B. Jay McCarroll
C. Jenna Morasca
D. Kellie Pickler
E. Mike “Boogie” Malin
F. Harold Dieterle
G. David Cook
H. Josh Kilmer-Purcell
I. Adrianne Marie Curry
J. Ryan Sutter
K. Zora Andrich

More guilty pleasures. One of mine is Star Trek. If I have an hour or two and I'm stuck inside I will fire up Netflix and watch some of my favorite episodes.
Question 8: Name an actor or actress that was in the main cast (named in the opening credits) of the first season of either Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine or Star Trek: Voyager

Did I mention that there would be LEGOs???
Question 9: Name the artist(s) associated with the album cover depicted in LEGO below. I do NOT need the name of the album, just the artist. Include the letter of your choice.
Spoiler
A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

Since The LEGO Movie is tying together the theme of this TD, we will finish up with a question about its star, who is one of my favorite actors and appeared in one of my favorite TV shows of all time.
Question 10: Name EITHER A) a theatrically released film featuring Chris Pratt other than The LEGO Movie, OR B) name a member of the main cast (shown in the opening credits) of any season of Parks and Recreation, other than Chris Pratt. I am NOT asking for a film featuring other cast members of Parks and Rec.
Last edited by jjwaymee on Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.
jjwaymee

Post by jjwaymee »

ANSWER TEMPLATE

Please use this answer template and PM me by using this post when you enter.

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
Last edited by jjwaymee on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jjwaymee

Post by jjwaymee »

CLARIFICATIONS

For Question 10: The two pools of possible answers are

A) Chris Pratt movies other than The LEGO Movie
B) The NAME of a cast member of Parks and Rec other than Chris Pratt

I am not asking for films that had other cast members of Parks and Rec. I have re-worded the question because I now see how it has caused confusion among a few early entrants.
Last edited by jjwaymee on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
9021amyers

Post by 9021amyers »

I am giddy with anticipation!

OOPS, I posted too soon!
Last edited by 9021amyers on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jjwaymee

Post by jjwaymee »

PARTICIPANTS (37)
as of 1930 on 7/6/2015

CrunchyTaco
9021amyers
BigDaddyMatty
MarkBarrett
Volante

RandyG
ElindilPickle
Peachbox
immaf
mahatma

Ryno
econgator
dragonscale333
alamble
Magna

dinghammer
mennoknight
Blue Lion
dnbguy
brick

clprez
gamawire
patkav
Caboom
TheyCallMeMrKid

MitchO
barandall800
squizzle
BobF
quarterrican

dott888
Tabby
ouachiouat
PowerofHoodoo
Bamaman

Vermonter
Peggles
Last edited by jjwaymee on Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
lisa0012

Post by lisa0012 »

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Re: TD 250: Everything is Awesome (Questions Posted)

Post by econgator »

I am so screwed ...
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

{Host's interests} ∩ {My interests} = Ø
lisa0012

Post by lisa0012 »

econgator wrote:I am so screwed ...
And I was going to comment on how much I love these questions :D
9021amyers

Post by 9021amyers »

RandyG wrote:{Host's interests} ∩ {My interests} = Ø
Just wait until my game goes live in a couple of weeks. Like the Kaizer Chiefs, I predict a riot.
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

9021amyers wrote:
Just wait until my game goes live in a couple of weeks. Like the Kaizer Chiefs, I predict a riot.
And I show you guys such generosity in putting you in the queue and posting your quizzes in the archive. I'll have to rethink how things work around here.

In any event, I already submitted, as putting more thought into it will have drastically diminishing returns.
9021amyers

Post by 9021amyers »

RandyG wrote:
9021amyers wrote:
And I show you guys such generosity in putting you in the queue and posting your quizzes in the archive. I'll have to rethink how things work around here.

In any event, I already submitted, as putting more thought into it will have drastically diminishing returns.
Hey now, I've made sure there will be a Carole King reference in my quiz coming up!
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

QFT. No point in my even entering this one.
MitchO

Post by MitchO »

I'm concerned about my ability to answer a couple of questions, but I have to at least give this one a shot just for those Lego recreations. The movie ones had me cracking up.
mahatma

Post by mahatma »

MitchO wrote:I'm concerned about my ability to answer a couple of questions, but I have to at least give this one a shot just for those Lego recreations. The movie ones had me cracking up.
If I say that all of those Lego people look alike, does that make me a racist?
BobF

Post by BobF »

mahatma wrote:
MitchO wrote:I'm concerned about my ability to answer a couple of questions, but I have to at least give this one a shot just for those Lego recreations. The movie ones had me cracking up.
If I say that all of those Lego people look alike, does that make me a racist?
No, Mr. Gandhi, you are a blockist.

When I enter this one, I'll have to send our host an internet meme that's one of my favorites so he can use it in the reveal. If I post it now, it would be something of a spoiler.
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
mahatma

Post by mahatma »

I just posted my answers. At the last second (before submitting), I realized that I'd hit 'quote' instead of 'PM'. So, um, don't do that.