Love match....

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

rouquinne
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Love match....

Post by rouquinne »

A friend tweeted this story from the CBC this morning:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-bruns ... 87?cmp=rss

And the lovely Ms Rafferbee mentioned that this is the second marriage she has heard of out of the Teachers' Tournament.

How about regular games?

Is it possible that I'm missing out on True Love & Eternal Happiness since I didn't get The Call?

:o
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Re: Love match....

Post by dhkendall »

rouquinne wrote:A friend tweeted this story from the CBC this morning:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-bruns ... 87?cmp=rss

And the lovely Ms Rafferbee mentioned that this is the second marriage she has heard of out of the Teachers' Tournament.

How about regular games?

Is it possible that I'm missing out on True Love & Eternal Happiness since I didn't get The Call?

:o
Someone will post the requisite links I'm sure, but I recall two women meeting on the show (even competing against each other!) and marrying.

Then there's Genevive and Troy but that doesn't quite count as only one was on (so far!) but J! definitely had a hand in them meeting!
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

How fun!
mahatma
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by mahatma »

Does this include the (I'm sure) many works of Alex Trebek-plus-whomever 'shippers?
rouquinne

Post by rouquinne »

dhkendall wrote:Someone will post the requisite links I'm sure, but I recall two women meeting on the show (even competing against each other!) and marrying.
Now that you mention it, I recall seeing an article about them recently - they live in Michigan, right?
Then there's Genevive and Troy but that doesn't quite count as only one was on (so far!) but J! definitely had a hand in them meeting!
Who?
countyguy
Vacuously Undefeated on J!

Post by countyguy »

We also heard about this.
rouquinne wrote:
Who?
Genevieve's J! Archive player page can be seen here, and an article about Genevieve and Troy can be seen here.

Troy is a boardie, but for his sake I will not disclose his screenname.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

jboard.tv/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=769

Here is a link to thread about the two women who got married. There is a link to a newspaper article in the thread. A very nice story, as are all the J! romances.
MDaunt
Weighed in the balance and found wanting

Post by MDaunt »

2017?

Not exactly a whirlwind romance...
Rafferty Barnes
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Rafferty Barnes »

I would think that the College Tournament would have been more the hotbed of romance than Teachers (everyone the same age and mostly not married off yet), but it doesn't seem like the case.
StevenH
Not J! Contestant Material

Post by StevenH »

It was mentioned in Craig Barker's UToC game that two of the participants from his college tournament (1997), Mark Urciuolo and Brigid Laurie, got married.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Rafferty Barnes wrote:I would think that the College Tournament would have been more the hotbed of romance than Teachers (everyone the same age and mostly not married off yet), but it doesn't seem like the case.
What do you think J! is, the Olympics?!
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
legendneverdies

Post by legendneverdies »

80s J! writer Carlo Panno won $6850 on the 1978-79 revival of J!, and according to Ken Jennings' interview with him, met his wife when they both were contestants.
MitchO

Post by MitchO »

Rafferty Barnes wrote:I would think that the College Tournament would have been more the hotbed of romance than Teachers (everyone the same age and mostly not married off yet), but it doesn't seem like the case.
I would think those would be more hookups and less marriages :p
sarisson

Post by sarisson »

countyguy wrote: Troy is a boardie, but for his sake I will not disclose his screenname.
Wow, I had no idea he was that young. He's one of the best players on LL.
One of my upcoming LL opponents got married on the Jeopardy set; it doesn't get any better than that. Also, a notable college champ and a college semifinalist (from a couple years later) were dating for a while. I think she bought him a case of Fresca after he missed the $1,000,000 question on Millionaire!
Hoping for a third lap
legendneverdies

Post by legendneverdies »

sarisson wrote:
countyguy wrote: Troy is a boardie, but for his sake I will not disclose his screenname.
Wow, I had no idea he was that young. He's one of the best players on LL.
One of my upcoming LL opponents got married on the Jeopardy set; it doesn't get any better than that. Also, a notable college champ and a college semifinalist (from a couple years later) were dating for a while. I think she bought him a case of Fresca after he missed the $1,000,000 question on Millionaire!
Dan Melia got married on the J! set, no? Ken Basin and Pam Mueller were the then dating couple.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=769&p=34745#p34745

Here's the link I tried to post earlier about the two female players getting married. Hope this one actually works.
rouquinne

Post by rouquinne »

Aha! So I really am missing out on finding my own love match.... *sigh*

Given the theme of the song, I'm going to take a wild guess that the Greg Kihn band isn't on the playlist at the receptions!

;)
mahatma

Post by mahatma »

rouquinne wrote:Aha! So I really am missing out on finding my own love match.... *sigh*
Given the theme of the song, I'm going to take a wild guess that the Greg Kihn band isn't on the playlist at the receptions!
;)
Maybe the Weird Al version, in order to keep them on their toes.