Familiar face on Millionaire

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Re: Familiar face on Millionaire

Post by ElendilPickle »

Retro good luck to NegativeKelvin and leszekp! Leszek, I think you taped a couple of days before I did.
Winchell Factor
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Winchell Factor »

ElendilPickle wrote:Retro good luck to NegativeKelvin and leszekp! Leszek, I think you taped a couple of days before I did.
Seconded, and appending good retro-wishes for ElendilPickle.
leszekp
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by leszekp »

ElendilPickle wrote:Retro good luck to NegativeKelvin and leszekp! Leszek, I think you taped a couple of days before I did.
I was initially there on Wednesday, July 22nd, and wound up getting bumped back to Thursday the 23rd.
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

leszekp wrote:
I was initially there on Wednesday, July 22nd, and wound up getting bumped back to Thursday the 23rd.
I taped the 24th.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Spoiler
NegativeKelvin wrote:
leszekp wrote:You may see a pair of familiar faces on Millionaire this Friday, October 23rd. ;)
Yeah, Leszek! :D Privilege to be on the same week as you.

Since you're both on Friday's show, that tells a lot of what happened, so here's hoping you both got at least the $50,000!
Total game show career losings = $171,522
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

triviawayne wrote:
Spoiler
NegativeKelvin wrote:
leszekp wrote:You may see a pair of familiar faces on Millionaire this Friday, October 23rd. ;)
Yeah, Leszek! :D Privilege to be on the same week as you.

Since you're both on Friday's show, that tells a lot of what happened, so here's hoping you both got at least the $50,000!
NegativeKelvin is on today. Leszek's show is Friday, and you'll probably recognize his plus one.
Carpe Diem
Boardeh

Post by Carpe Diem »

ElendilPickle wrote:Leszek's show is Friday, and you'll probably recognize his plus one.
leszekp wrote:
jeff6286 wrote:
leszekp wrote:Thanks to all who offered. I have a super-strong pop culture ready to go as my Plus One.
Are you going to keep us in suspense??? Or are you required to keep this confidential?
I think I'll leave it as a surprise (though it's probably not someone you'll recognize).
( http://www.jboard.tv/viewtopic.php?f=1& ... 80#p175339 )

Well, now I'm confused even more confused than usual. :?
leszekp
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by leszekp »

On further thought, I think there's an excellent chance you'll recognize him. :)
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

Is there anyone here who has today's show recorded? I am supposed to burn NegativeKelvin's episode to DVD for him, but the first part of the broadcast here in Dallas got cut off because of the Mavericks game.
Sprinkles are for winners.
OrangeSAM
(Unranked)

Post by OrangeSAM »

BigDaddyMatty wrote:Is there anyone here who has today's show recorded? I am supposed to burn NegativeKelvin's episode to DVD for him, but the first part of the broadcast here in Dallas got cut off because of the Mavericks game.
Well, we're still in the exhibitionist season. How much did they show?
OCSam
NegativeKelvin
Spawn of Jeopardy!

Post by NegativeKelvin »

BigDaddyMatty wrote:Is there anyone here who has today's show recorded? I am supposed to burn NegativeKelvin's episode to DVD for him, but the first part of the broadcast here in Dallas got cut off because of the Mavericks game.
I should have a backup. A few family members also made arrangements to have it recorded, and almost everyone I know has it sitting on their DVR, so I should be able to hunt down a copy. Thanks again, BigDaddyMatty!
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

NegativeKelvin wrote:
I should have a backup. A few family members also made arrangements to have it recorded, and almost everyone I know has it sitting on their DVR, so I should be able to hunt down a copy. Thanks again, BigDaddyMatty!
I've got it too in case you (or anybody else) need it.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
NegativeKelvin
Spawn of Jeopardy!

Post by NegativeKelvin »

bpmod wrote:
NegativeKelvin wrote:
I've got it too in case you (or anybody else) need it.

Brian
Thanks, everyone! I checked with my parents, and their copy turned out perfect, so all clear!
Rafferty Barnes
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Rafferty Barnes »

I'll let ElendilPickle announce her airdate, but also appearing next week is Justin Peters, who some might remember from this article: http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/cult ... royed.html
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

Rafferty Barnes wrote:I'll let ElendilPickle announce her airdate, but also appearing next week is Justin Peters, who some might remember from this article: http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/cult ... royed.html
Yup! I had to email Disney's publicity person last night, but I finally have air dates: Tuesday, November 10, and Wednesday, November 11. Check http://millionairetv.dadt.com/ for the show time in your area.

I'd read Justin's Slate article last year after watching his show, and it was nice to get to meet him. Will he go for it again? Watch Monday and Tuesday and find out.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

ElendilPickle wrote:
Rafferty Barnes wrote:I'll let ElendilPickle announce her airdate, but also appearing next week is Justin Peters, who some might remember from this article: http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/cult ... royed.html
Yup! I had to email Disney's publicity person last night, but I finally have air dates: Tuesday, November 10, and Wednesday, November 11. Check http://millionairetv.dadt.com/ for the show time in your area.

I'd read Justin's Slate article last year after watching his show, and it was nice to get to meet him. Will he go for it again? Watch Monday and Tuesday and find out.
Good to hear neither of you are on Friday only!
Total game show career losings = $171,522
doihavetoreally
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by doihavetoreally »

ElendilPickle wrote:

Awesome ElendilPickle - hopefully this time worked much better than last. :thumbsup:
Good enough to lose on Jeopardy!
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

Here's a preview of my game. It's a bit of a spoiler, but it doesn't indicate how much money I ended up with. 8-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwB-DGN7-cg
arjavrawal
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by arjavrawal »

ElendilPickle wrote:Here's a preview of my game. It's a bit of a spoiler, but it doesn't indicate how much money I ended up with. 8-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwB-DGN7-cg
Didn't she run for president at some point? '76 I think.
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

I believe so.