LL68: For the LLamas

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

alietr
Site Admin

Re: LL68: For the LLamas

Post by alietr »

I take on the estimable Vermonter. Time will tell just who has fell and who's been left behind.
sarisson
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by sarisson »

Yesterday I got one right and fully expected to be shut out (in match points), but... I got my first forfeit win! Okay then.
Strangely, we've only had two theater questions all season. Is Mr. Integrity saving the rest for next week?
Hoping for a third lap
cmp146
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by cmp146 »

seaborgium wrote:
cmp146 wrote:Not Giving a F***!" Hmm, seems a bit racy for someone with the last name Integrity
http://www.learnedleague.com/question.php?62&18&4
Woah. I stand corrected. Now I feel like a Miss Prissypants for using the asterisks in my answer. :lol:
ouachiouat

Post by ouachiouat »

Welp, cbec, good game. As soon as I saw the questions, I was pretty sure defense wouldn't matter. Figures, my one day of 5 insta-gets was against you and your beer. :lol: Congrats!
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

"The only two named clefs I know are the treble clef and the bass clef. I guess I'll go with treble clef."

"The movie that made the Vespa popular...I think that was Breakfast at Tiffany's."
"On second thought, I seem to remember reading something years ago about this, and I think it was a movie where they rode around Italy on vacation. Which one was that? Of course, Roman Holiday."
"You always blow it when you switch from your initial answer. You don't know anything about movies anyway, so you might as well stick with your first inkling."

*submit*

Luckily, neither miss factored into the outcome of a 4(4)-1(1) match, but can a teetotaling brother get a beer every now and again up in here?
Sprinkles are for winners.
BennyBXB
Valued Contributor

Post by BennyBXB »

I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT. I AM VICTORIOUS. My record now stands at 1-15-3.
"It's always better to know a thing than not to know it." -Samuel Parr (as cited by Ken Jennings)
nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans

Post by nightreign »

I GOT AN 8(5)! It's my highest score ever, and I'm just going to sit here and take it all in and not listen to anyone who says I only did it because the questions were really easy (because, while that might be true, I prefer to think it isn't). The only one I missed was market order, which I took a chance and put a 3 on despite business being one of my opponent's best categories. It paid off, and I won 8(5)-3(3) with the rundle high score. YESSSS.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

Aaand my first RTFQ moment of the season. I don't know an F clef from a G clef, but treble and bass clef a I know. So, F note on fifth line? That's Treble, of course. Fail. Compounded with my goof on the film question (movie, set in Rome, famous scene with Vespa? La Dolce Vida, of course!) cost me not only the win but the tie. Since I got credit for Matket Price order, I can't complain too much.
OSXpert

Post by OSXpert »

"Every Good Boy Does Fine. Hmmm, thats what I thought the treble Clef was, and F is not on the forth line. But I thought treble was more common than Bass, so I'll go with treble..."

I also erased Florida and then put Missouri because that seemed like it was more like to be a territory to me. Seems like every state has a Jackson though.

At any rate, I was still able to eke out at win of 4(2) - 1(1).

I am still the only person in my league without any forfeit wins. I think people just see my name and think I look very beatable.
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

Back to the discussion of reading stuff because it's there: I'm pretty sure that, about 45 years ago, I read the table tennis rule book.

One thing I apparently didn't learn at that time (or learned but forgot) is the region included in the Louisiana Purchase. Somehow I thought it had more of the southeast--I thought Jackson, MS might have been in the Louisiana territory. Didn't think of Jacksonville.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Linear Gnome wrote:Didn't think of Jacksonville.
Helps if you know he was down there for the Seminole Wars. :)
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

I followed up a Buckner win with a 9(5)-9(6) tie. I'm leading a charmed llife.
teapot37

Post by teapot37 »

I was given a 3 for the Roman Holiday question. Um, OK. I'll take it.
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

nightreign wrote:I GOT AN 8(5)! It's my highest score ever, and I'm just going to sit here and take it all in and not listen to anyone who says I only did it because the questions were really easy (because, while that might be true, I prefer to think it isn't).
I don't think it's true at all. I think you can hold your head high with no caveats at all!
cbec
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by cbec »

ouachiouat wrote:Welp, cbec, good game. As soon as I saw the questions, I was pretty sure defense wouldn't matter. Figures, my one day of 5 insta-gets was against you and your beer. :lol: Congrats!
Thanks! Got lucky on a couple of questions and I'm still having problems with defense. Just about last in the Rundle in DE. Always room for improvement.
patkav
The Chicago Mauler

Post by patkav »

nightreign wrote:I GOT AN 8(5)! It's my highest score ever, and I'm just going to sit here and take it all in and not listen to anyone who says I only did it because the questions were really easy (because, while that might be true, I prefer to think it isn't). The only one I missed was market order, which I took a chance and put a 3 on despite business being one of my opponent's best categories. It paid off, and I won 8(5)-3(3) with the rundle high score. YESSSS.

Beats my score. Well done, ma'am!
SBurrus

Post by SBurrus »

BennyBXB wrote:I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT. I AM VICTORIOUS. My record now stands at 1-15-3.
Are you trying to tell us you're excited??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats on your victory.
SBurrus

Post by SBurrus »

Some things just don't make sense:

Monday and Tuesday, I answered 0 questions correctly and earned 0(0)-0(0 ties in both matches.

Wednesday, I finally answered one question correctly and won on a forfeit, 2(1)-0(F).

Then, on Thursday, I really strutted my stuff and got TWO questions correct, only to lose 6(4) - 3(2).
patkav
The Chicago Mauler

Post by patkav »

BennyBXB wrote:I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT. I AM VICTORIOUS. My record now stands at 1-15-3.
I missed this. Congratulations!
skullturf
Married to a Jeopardy! Champion

Post by skullturf »

teapot37 wrote:I was given a 3 for the Roman Holiday question. Um, OK. I'll take it.
I was also given a 3, which surprised me. Film is my 4th best category, and I was 8 for 8 on film questions this season going into yesterday's match.

I gave 0 to Roman Holiday. Film was my opponent's 2nd best category, and she, like me, was 8 for 8 on that category this season going into yesterday.