Alpaca Farm quizzes

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Post by econgator »

I've heard of one of those commercials (the Stanley Steemer one).
dinghammer
No Relation

Post by dinghammer »

I also signed up, but alas, I only knew 3 of them. Great job on the artful censorship, though.

I guess 718-387-6962 doesn't really count as an advertising jingle...
OSXpert
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by OSXpert »

I think LUNA's phone number jingle in Chicago is for a different number. Not that it will matter, since I did awful
MitchO

Post by MitchO »

I am regional to NY, and I haven't heard 3 of these. However, at least that first one is not a television commercial, it is a radio commercial. A constant, repetitive, channel button smashing, infernal, hellish MURDEROUS RAGE INDUCING radio commercial. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Re: Earworms

Post by Vermonter »

BigDaddyMatty wrote:
teapot37 wrote:I'm pretty sure I have ever heard at most four of these jingles. And I have watched a LOT of television.
Same here. It seemed pretty regional to the NYC metro area. Regardless, listening to Keith's "blah-blah" redacted jingles was one of the highlights of my day.
There is probably some (at least Northeast) regional bias – I guess it's hard for me to know for sure. (Are GSN commercials national or local, for example?)
MitchO wrote:I am regional to NY, and I haven't heard 3 of these. However, at least that first one is not a television commercial, it is a radio commercial. A constant, repetitive, channel button smashing, infernal, hellish MURDEROUS RAGE INDUCING radio commercial. :evil: :evil: :evil:
I never said they were strictly television commercials. :)

(Don't kill me, either way)
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.
MitchO

Re: Earworms

Post by MitchO »

Vermonter wrote:
MitchO wrote:I am regional to NY, and I haven't heard 3 of these. However, at least that first one is not a television commercial, it is a radio commercial. A constant, repetitive, channel button smashing, infernal, hellish MURDEROUS RAGE INDUCING radio commercial. :evil: :evil: :evil:
I never said they were strictly television commercials. :)

(Don't kill me, either way)
It was in response to this:
teapot37 wrote:I'm pretty sure I have ever heard at most four of these jingles. And I have watched a LOT of television.
(And no guarantees, though I would miss The Final Wager :p)
dinghammer
No Relation

Post by dinghammer »

Keith, your latest completed mystery quiz has remained a mystery to me even after seeing the answers. Can you explain it for the slower folks in the audience (i.e., me)?

It turns out I wouldn't have embarrassed myself too badly if I'd entered, but I couldn't see any connection between the answers I had.
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

dinghammer wrote:Keith, your latest completed mystery quiz has remained a mystery to me even after seeing the answers. Can you explain it for the slower folks in the audience (i.e., me)?

It turns out I wouldn't have embarrassed myself too badly if I'd entered, but I couldn't see any connection between the answers I had.
Hint: http://tfw.gr/KWM1hint
Solution: http://tfw.gr/KWM1soln
Guesses for Q12: http://tfw.gr/KWM1atts

Mystery Theme Quiz #2: http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1184
dinghammer
No Relation

Post by dinghammer »

Vermonter wrote:Hint: http://tfw.gr/KWM1hint
Solution: http://tfw.gr/KWM1soln
Thank you.
goroshnik
I came, I Saw... I Came in Third

Post by goroshnik »

Just now taking part in my first batch of Alpaca quizzes...

I loved, loved, LOVED "Musical Mashups #9". Even though I just became a member recently, I'm still going to check out mashups 1 thru 8 just to play them.
dinghammer
No Relation

Post by dinghammer »

I tied for 7th in the first one I played! Almost perfect... is it still defense when deciding what to money? too.

It's too bad there's no BWA, not that my attempt with "Michael McDonald's" on Q5 would have cut the mustard.
goroshnik

Post by goroshnik »

goroshnik wrote:Just now taking part in my first batch of Alpaca quizzes...

I loved, loved, LOVED "Musical Mashups #9". Even though I just became a member recently, I'm still going to check out mashups 1 thru 8 just to play them.
Guess I might have an ear for these things... ended up 1st out of 44 on Mashups #9. :)
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

I got my first win! Granted, I had a bit of a home field advantage in The Mormons, but a win's a win.
Sprinkles are for winners.
nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans

Post by nightreign »

BigDaddyMatty wrote:I got my first win! Granted, I had a bit of a home field advantage in The Mormons, but a win's a win.
Looks like I placed 11th! I would've made the top 10 if I had moneyed The Killers instead of bishop. I think being a fan of The Killers and having been raised Mormon hurt me on that one.
I'm still mad about not getting WordPerfect, though. I knew exactly what the question was going for, but I just couldn't pull it.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

There is one up now about a game show I think some of us may be fans of.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

nightreign wrote:
BigDaddyMatty wrote:I got my first win! Granted, I had a bit of a home field advantage in The Mormons, but a win's a win.
Looks like I placed 11th! I would've made the top 10 if I had moneyed The Killers instead of bishop. I think being a fan of The Killers and having been raised Mormon hurt me on that one.
I'm still mad about not getting WordPerfect, though. I knew exactly what the question was going for, but I just couldn't pull it.
The son of the professor who created WP was one of my MBA classmates at BYU, so I wasn't gonna miss that one.
Sprinkles are for winners.
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

Here's mystery quiz #3: http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1201

We'll see if skullturf can defend his crown (he beat out 104 players last time)
dinghammer
No Relation

Post by dinghammer »

The Killers came up again in this quiz (which I didn't enter because I didn't know most of them) at question 10. It was one of the few I knew, and I was surprised at the high get rate, since I didn't think that New Order video was that well-known. Then I reread the question and saw that "Las Vegas" was in it. I knew it from the "Crystal" part, so I must have just skimmed the rest. :oops:
goroshnik

Post by goroshnik »

Just got my second win, this time on cover songs. I'm starting to REALLY like the quizzes put together by DixonD, as both of my victories are from his musical quizzes. :)

http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1213
sarisson

Post by sarisson »

I just joined AF last week and have played five or six quizzes. I stunk at the first few- even with 9/12 right on Trivia Scattergories V, I couldn't get in the upper half- but Double Jeopardy! was right in my wheelhouse. I suspect everyone who got a 0 forgot to state their responses in the form of a question. :?
Hoping for a third lap