Jeopardy taping three tournaments in D.C.

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

drdoug41
Valued Contributor

Re: Jeopardy taping three tournaments in D.C.

Post by drdoug41 »

And to think I was trapped in a conference room about two miles away while all the fun was happening. At least people hummed the think song whenever I was called on to speak. :lol:
Similar minds think alike.
OSXpert
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by OSXpert »

I came down from NYC and watched some of the games on Sunday. Had a blast!
kingskip
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kingskip »

I just found out here the Teen Tournament is not going to air until September 12-23, making it the first shows of the new season. That's unusual. They've never done this before. And my brother goes to school with this girl mentioned here.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/su ... l?d=mobile
jjman920

Post by jjman920 »

I had a fantastic time on Saturday and Sunday and I plan on heading in on Wednesday for the Semis of the Teen Tournament.

I looked like a giddy school girl when I saw that they were ushering us down to the orchestra level in the front section on Sunday. My family and I had previously been seated upstairs on Saturday.

I was first person to ask Alex a question on Sunday, asking which of his other game shows were his favorites. He replied with To Tell the Truth because "it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while hosting."
Spoiler
This doesn't regard gameplay, but something very rare happened during Game 1 of the Teacher's Tournament Semis. I don't know when the last time something like it happened.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

jjman920 wrote:
Spoiler
This doesn't regard gameplay, but something very rare happened during Game 1 of the Teacher's Tournament Semis. I don't know when the last time something like it happened.
Spoiler
More often than you think.
brotherofmoses
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by brotherofmoses »

I have a question regarding seating: are the orchestra seats reserved for VIPs, or is everything first come, first served?

If it is the latter - I have a ticket for the 12nn taping on Wednesday, what time should I arrive at the DAR to get an orchestra seat? Thanks!
Rex Kramer
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by Rex Kramer »

alietr wrote:
jjman920 wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
I'm guessing somebody passed out. ?
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Rex Kramer wrote:
alietr wrote:
jjman920 wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
I'm assuming the OP was referring to a very long stoppage in play because of the pronunciation of a foreign place name. Which really isn't a spoiler. So I'm de-spoilerizing.
OSXpert
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by OSXpert »

alietr wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:
alietr wrote:
jjman920 wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
I'm assuming the OP was referring to a very long stoppage in play because of the pronunciation of a foreign place name. Which really isn't a spoiler. So I'm de-spoilerizing.
Spoiler
I think it may have had to do with who read Final Jeopardy
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

OSXpert wrote:
alietr wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:
alietr wrote:
jjman920 wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Ah, yes. True. There was one of those in the Teachers Tournament as well.
jjman920

Post by jjman920 »

OSXpert wrote:
alietr wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:
alietr wrote:
jjman920 wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
That's exactly what I'm referring to.
Spoiler
I know they've had guests in studio to read clues, but I can't recall the last time they had someone come out to read Final Jeopardy in studio.
jfrumkin
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by jfrumkin »

kingskip wrote:I just found out here the Teen Tournament is not going to air until September 12-23, making it the first shows of the new season. That's unusual. They've never done this before. And my brother goes to school with this girl mentioned here.

I was at the taping of the finals yesterday. Insane that they have to hold it in for 5 months, especially for the end of the school year and over the summer.
Twitter: @jfrumkin
reddpen
Thrice Unplucked from the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by reddpen »

bpmod wrote:
brick wrote:
alietr wrote:
catena58 wrote:I have extra tickets to the Power Players 2nd audience - doors open @ 2:30
May I have one, please? (I upgraded you so you can PM. I'll PM you my details.

Abuse of power! Now we see the violence inherent in the system!
I think the problem is even deeper than that.

There is overwhelming evidence in that post that it was not made by alietr at all, but by dhkendall.

Brian
To quote the liner notes on Little Feat's Feats Don't Fail Me Now: "Please excuse the lack of a closing parenthesis."
In and out of the pool four times
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

reddpen wrote:To quote the liner notes on Little Feat's Feats Don't Fail Me Now: "Please excuse the lack of a closing parenthesis."
I don't have that album (yet). What is the context of that?

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

bpmod wrote:
reddpen wrote:To quote the liner notes on Little Feat's Feats Don't Fail Me Now: "Please excuse the lack of a closing parenthesis."
I don't have that album (yet. What is the context of that?

Brian
FTFY
Sprinkles are for winners.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

reddpen wrote: To quote the liner notes on Little Feat's Feats Don't Fail Me Now: "Please excuse the lack of a closing parenthesis."
Somehow, I must have a copy for my collection.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

I should have known better.

No, wait! That's the Beatles.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

jfrumkin wrote:
kingskip wrote:I just found out here the Teen Tournament is not going to air until September 12-23, making it the first shows of the new season. That's unusual. They've never done this before. And my brother goes to school with this girl mentioned here.

I was at the taping of the finals yesterday. Insane that they have to hold it in for 5 months, especially for the end of the school year and over the summer.
Also strange that their introductions will all be out of date. "Now a freshman at Harvard University…" ??

I guess my TOC's record is broken – we taped April 29-30, 2004, and started airing September 20.
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.
reddpen
Thrice Unplucked from the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by reddpen »

bpmod wrote:

Brian
The late Lowell George wrote the liner notes on the back of the album, which were quite extensive, may have all been lowercase, and perhaps rambled a bit, and at one point he opened a parenthesis but never closed it, so at the end he wrote the above. His affliction was not nearly so advanced as dhk's... or at least that's (the proclivity of dhk posts to have an odd number of parentheses) what I assume you were referring to in the above. If not, never mind. Props to BDM for the assist.
In and out of the pool four times
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

reddpen wrote:
bpmod wrote:

Brian
The late Lowell George wrote the liner notes on the back of the album, which were quite extensive, may have all been lowercase, and perhaps rambled a bit, and at one point he opened a parenthesis but never closed it, so at the end he wrote the above. His affliction was not nearly so advanced as dhk's... or at least that's (the proclivity of dhk posts to have an odd number of parentheses) what I assume you were referring to in the above. If not, never mind. Props to BDM for the assist.
Thanks for the info. Very interesting. And, yes, your assumption as to my reference is correct.

And, yes, I thought Matty added quite a nice touch there.

Brian