Alpaca Farm quizzes

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Post by Vermonter »

I put together a recap for Mystery #4: http://tfw.gr/1VgTXpf

Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.
MitchO
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MitchO »

Man, was I annoyed with myself when I realized I missed "committee". I got the theme from, ya know, the question that asks for "Triple Double", and despite posting here I could only come up with half, managed to scrounge together a few more answers based solely on the theme (Bitterroot and Whippoorwill), and "Bookkeeping" came from looking at the quiz again while my girlfriend studied for her Accounting midterm. :p

Now, I do have a bone to pick with your sneakiness in the next one, but I'll save it for next week... :p
dinghammer
No Relation

Post by dinghammer »

Vermonter wrote:I put together a recap for Mystery #4: http://tfw.gr/1VgTXpf
My first (co-)BWA! Thanks for the recap.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

MitchO wrote:Try my "Harder Super Hero Alter Egos"; let's see if we get enough to get to "Even Harder" levels next! :D
I knew ... 1.
MitchO

Post by MitchO »

econgator wrote:
MitchO wrote:Try my "Harder Super Hero Alter Egos"; let's see if we get enough to get to "Even Harder" levels next! :D
I knew ... 1.
READ MOAR COMIX! :D (I wonder which one?)
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

MitchO wrote:
econgator wrote:
I knew ... 1.
READ MOAR COMIX! :D (I wonder which one?)
I read comics all the time as a youth, just not recently -- or most of the ones you listed. :)
dinghammer
No Relation

Post by dinghammer »

MitchO wrote:That did it, thanks Keith! OK, comic book nerds ... you know that the "Super Hero Alter Egos" categories on Jeopardy! are always way too easy for us. Try my "Harder Super Hero Alter Egos"; let's see if we get enough to get to "Even Harder" levels next! :D

http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1289
I only know 4, though a few of the other names do look familiar. I have a hard time bringing myself to enter these when I don't even know enough answers to money.

No Boston Brand? No Dennis Dunphy?
MitchO

Post by MitchO »

dinghammer wrote:
MitchO wrote:That did it, thanks Keith! OK, comic book nerds ... you know that the "Super Hero Alter Egos" categories on Jeopardy! are always way too easy for us. Try my "Harder Super Hero Alter Egos"; let's see if we get enough to get to "Even Harder" levels next! :D

I only know 4, though a few of the other names do look familiar. I have a hard time bringing myself to enter these when I don't even know enough answers to money.

No Boston Brand? No Dennis Dunphy?
No, but I would consider both of those good examples of the popularity/variety I tried to pick (and good job picking both companies and two different decades of character to boot; yes, I know who both of them are. Poor Dennis. Poor, poor Dennis. :p)
MitchO

Post by MitchO »

OK, I'm paranoid that I screwed something up, but of the (only :cry: ) 10 super-wannabes that tried my quiz, Berek comes out on top! I *knew* one of you nerds would argue with me about The Vision, that's why I put the whole Joseph/Xorn/Magneto example up there; anyone wanna admit to being "The Vision (sorta)" answer? :D

Winner of BWA has to be whoever guessed "Foreign Man" for Ambush Bug. :) The other incorrect answers all make so much sense to be in the same "category" though: 'Mazing Man (Sigfried Horatio Hunch III) and Forbush Man (Irving Forbush, of course!) could easily be mistaken for ol' Ambush.
drdoug41
Valued Contributor

Post by drdoug41 »

Had fun with my first smithed Alpaca Farm quiz, Supergroups! I found it very interesting to see the results and how they matched/mismatched with my expectations. I was pleased with the distribution, as there was one 'gimme' question with only 6% wrong (Traveling Wilburys) and no questions that more than two-thirds of the group missed. Was surprised that Hindu Love Gods was tied for the toughest, but perhaps that's just because I've been listening to their cover of Raspberry Beret over the past few days!

http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1296
Similar minds think alike.
nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans

Post by nightreign »

And This Week's Billboard Top 12 is done! Congrats to top three DoyleE, PatschakB, and DiGeorgeL, and an additional shoutout to DoyleE and arjavrawal for going 12/12.

Some observations:
-Ibiza played a lot easier than I thought. I thought it would be one of the hardest questions, but it ended up being the second-easiest.
-Four people said Joe Jonas instead of The Jonas Brothers on Q12. Sorry I had to rule against you there.
-Whoever said "Daniel, at it again with the white Vans" for the Shawn Mendes question gets the BWA award.
-Unsurprisingly, Q2 got the widest range of responses, with only 12 getting the right answer of Denmark, but only 2 leaving it blank. The MCWA was Sweden (6 responses), followed by the UK (5), and Germany (4).
-I found it quite surprising that while only two questions had less than a 50% get rate, only two people got every question right.
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

Mystery Quiz #6 is open until tomorrow evening: http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1244

Recap from Mystery Quiz #5: http://thefinalwager.co/2016/04/26/myst ... xperiment/
drdoug41
Valued Contributor

Post by drdoug41 »

Vermonter wrote:Mystery Quiz #6 is open until tomorrow evening: http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1244

Recap from Mystery Quiz #5: http://thefinalwager.co/2016/04/26/myst ... xperiment/
Never mind.
Last edited by drdoug41 on Sun May 01, 2016 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Similar minds think alike.
MitchO

Post by MitchO »

Vermonter wrote:Mystery Quiz #6 is open until tomorrow evening: http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1244

You've already defused one of my nitpicks (the starting with ROY). But let me point out the other one:

Hey, look, it's a horse race. But look, the picture is playfully showing a "B" ... therefore, I'm gonna be a clever little detective and determine this isn't the Kentucky Derby, it must be the Belmont Stakes! And hey, I remember reading a thing where they changed the "drink" a few times for the Belmont and one of them for a while was a color name: White Carnation! Now that the pattern isn't ROY G BIV like I thought, why can't it be that color?!

You really think I was gonna notice "twin spires" before the "B"?!?! What the @#%@ word does the "B" start on that glass, anyway?
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

MitchO wrote:You really think I was gonna notice "twin spires" before the "B"?!?! What the @#%@ word does the "B" start on that glass, anyway?
Hint: not a word. ;)
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

econgator wrote:
MitchO wrote:You really think I was gonna notice "twin spires" before the "B"?!?! What the @#%@ word does the "B" start on that glass, anyway?
Hint: not a word. ;)
The ugliest "B" I've ever seen?
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

How much of that post is serious?... Cause I don't get a B at all from that.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
MitchO

Post by MitchO »

Volante wrote:
I was serious. I'm guessing from all the replies that it's 13, but seriously ... I see a "B" there. Especially considering one of the biggest horse races is the Belmont Stakes.
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

MitchO wrote:
Volante wrote:
I was serious. I'm guessing from all the replies that it's 13, but seriously ... I see a "B" there. Especially considering one of the biggest horse races is the Belmont Stakes.
What letter do you think follows "B" there?
MitchO

Post by MitchO »

Vermonter wrote:
MitchO wrote:
Volante wrote:
What letter do you think follows "B" there?
You mean that tiny curved piece of blue after the theoretical "B"? The part that could be, like, almost any letter in the alphabet in a logo? It certainly could be the bottom left corner of an E ...

I don't know what to tell you guys. Make fun of me if you must, but I highly doubt I'm the only person in the world who mistook a stylized 13 for a B.