Alpaca Farm quizzes

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

drdoug41
Valued Contributor

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Post by drdoug41 »

econgator wrote:
drdoug41 wrote:Finally one I have a fighting chance at! Thanks to ConnorA for the baseball names one.
As much as I follow baseball, I had never heard of 5 of those guys.
I play in a very deep fantasy baseball league with an extensive reserve roster, and about that many are players that are new to the MLB in the past couple of years.
Similar minds think alike.
arjavrawal
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by arjavrawal »

The 3rd party quiz -- finally a use for all of my reading through the years!

EDIT: With his new Radiohead-themed quiz, Keith Williams has now attained the title of "best boardie ever". However, of course, I might be wrong.
MitchO
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MitchO »

After the nasty "Flash Forward/Claire" negbait in the first "The Final Episode", my brain just couldn't acknowledge that question in the second one was what it was. I was like "but .. that's not a TV show!" Oy. :oops:
mpahu
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by mpahu »

Here's a last call for my TV Shows Change by a Letter quiz, half TV trivia and half bad wordplay. Some obscure, some easy, all silly. It says the deadline is noon EDT Tuesday, but I'll be grading that later in the day.

Also this week, I have the general knowledge Happy Things for After You've Seen GoT S6E5. The questions were written a bit hastily, but there are some cute photos if Sunday's TV was a bit hard on you. This one ends Friday evening.
ihavejeoprosy

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

mpahu wrote:Here's a last call for my TV Shows Change by a Letter quiz, half TV trivia and half bad wordplay. Some obscure, some easy, all silly. It says the deadline is noon EDT Tuesday, but I'll be grading that later in the day.

Also this week, I have the general knowledge Happy Things for After You've Seen GoT S6E5. The questions were written a bit hastily, but there are some cute photos if Sunday's TV was a bit hard on you. This one ends Friday evening.
This was a great quiz although im wondering if one question has two acceptable answers
Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

KW Mystery #8 is now open – just like most George R.R. Martin characters, it's not going to last very long.
arjavrawal wrote:With his new Radiohead-themed quiz, Keith Williams has now attained the title of "best boardie ever". However, of course, I might be wrong.
Glad you enjoyed it! Congrats on your third-place finish.
mpahu wrote:Here's a last call for my TV Shows Change by a Letter quiz, half TV trivia and half bad wordplay. Some obscure, some easy, all silly. It says the deadline is noon EDT Tuesday, but I'll be grading that later in the day.
Thanks for the reminder! Fun quiz.
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

Can we talk about how annoyed I am that my work has flagged Alpaca Farm as a "games" site and therefore blocked it?
Sprinkles are for winners.
dinghammer
No Relation

Post by dinghammer »

I was expecting to have the worst score of anyone who got 11 right on this one, but I actually finished ahead of one person. And I thought I'd be behind several people with as few as 8 right who moneyed better questions, but only two people with 10 right finished ahead of me.

My answers for 4, 6, 8 and 11 were guesses, so I was shocked when I got 3 of those right (I don't think I'd ever guessed a single answer correctly on there before that). Choosing which ones to money of the eight I was sure of, I almost didn't money 7 and 12 because they were so obvious to me.

That was a fun one.
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

KW Mystery #9 is now open, closing Sunday evening: http://tfw.gr/KWM9quiz

I'm keeping KW Mystery #8 open for a few more hours: http://tfw.gr/KWM8quiz
dinghammer
No Relation

Post by dinghammer »

dinghammer wrote:I was expecting to have the worst score of anyone who got 11 right on this one, but I actually finished ahead of one person. And I thought I'd be behind several people with as few as 8 right who moneyed better questions, but only two people with 10 right finished ahead of me.
And on the heels of that, I squeaked into the 50th percentile on this one with only 5 correct answers, finishing ahead of several people with more right. I was sure #8 would have a really low get rate, so I knew I wouldn't do too horribly.

I might have to write one of these someday.
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

KW Mystery #10 closes Sunday evening: http://tfw.gr/KWM10quiz

KW Mystery #9 recap: http://tfw.gr/KWM9recap

Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

KW Mystery #12 closes tonight. Will we get to triple digits? http://tfw.gr/KWM12quiz

KW Mystery #11 reached 99 players. Debriefing: http://tfw.gr/KWM11recap

dinghammer
No Relation

Post by dinghammer »

I saw MitchO's Harder Super Hero Alter Egos II last week, but I only knew 3 of them at the time (2, 6, and 7). I made a note to check when it ended to see if the two that I was sure I'd heard of (1 and 9) were actually people I'd heard of. I remembered who 1 was before I revealed the answer, and 9 was indeed someone I know about (I think I would have known it with "Eel"). Maybe I'll know 5 in the next one. :roll:
MitchO

Post by MitchO »

dinghammer wrote:I saw MitchO's Harder Super Hero Alter Egos II last week, but I only knew 3 of them at the time (2, 6, and 7). I made a note to check when it ended to see if the two that I was sure I'd heard of (1 and 9) were actually people I'd heard of. I remembered who 1 was before I revealed the answer, and 9 was indeed someone I know about (I think I would have known it with "Eel"). Maybe I'll know 5 in the next one. :roll:
Thanks for the note, Ding. I considered whether or not to put "Eel" in the middle, or replacing Patrick entirely, for Plas. Unfortunately, overall it looks like I overestimated the number of comic book enthusiasts who know it well enough to support these. I will say that I noticed a trend; if you take out the "tricky" Vision alter ego from the first one, if seems like the biggest misses were all DC characters. Megan Morse (Miss Martian) and Karen Beecher-Duncan (Bumblebee) were both on recent television shows (Miss Martian being bigger on Young Justice than Bumblebee was on Teen Titans), Geo-Force and Icemaiden have major hints in their names IMO, but you guys all knew Melissa Gold (Songbird), which I thought would be a tough one (and yet, at least one of you guys knew her as Screaming Mimi, the villain). We clearly lean towards the Marvel Zombie side of the spectrum around here.

I don't have the audience or forum that Keith has for his "follow ups", but I wish I kept notes on some of the answers and comment about all of them. I do remember that someone out there clearly read the last All New Hawkeye ("Kate Katie Hawkeye"), and sorry to the person who confused their 70s Marvel character for their 80s Marvel character (Grey Gargoyle vs Gargoyle). I did say they were all heroes. :p
drdoug41
Valued Contributor

Post by drdoug41 »

For anyone who was disappointed that the LL 90s alternative one-day was taken off the schedule, I've posted a similar (though broader in scope) quiz on the Farm. Happy 4th to all!!
Similar minds think alike.
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

KW Mystery #14 closes Sunday evening: http://tfw.gr/KWM14quiz

KW Mystery #13 recap: http://tfw.gr/KWM13recap

I'm wondering how many decent mystery quizzes I can put together - earlier today I was looking at a tree and thought, oh, I should do one about trees! (Headslap about 14 seconds later)
dinghammer
No Relation

Post by dinghammer »

I almost said chess! I'll never forget Chess Records again. (This is the post that will be linked to the next time I forget Chess Records.)

Thanks for a fun quiz.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

Vermonter wrote:KW Mystery #13 recap: http://tfw.gr/KWM13recap
Winning this quiz was one the proudest achievements of my life.

That may be overstating it slightly, but I was on pins and needles for several days knowing that I had a chance. Seeing that I had won--and with a perfect score, no less--gave me much more pleasure than it ought to have. Thanks, Keith.

(And don't you killjoys go mentioning the fact that it was actually a three-way tie for first place. Let a man enjoy his teensy bit of glory.)
Sprinkles are for winners.
jev15
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jev15 »

Hey, I just posted my first Alpaca farm quiz, on the history of the MLB All-Star Game. Check it out: http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1553
MitchO

Post by MitchO »

Hey, AlexanderD?
You all should know this.
The Venn diagram overlap is not 100%, ya know. :cry: