Familiar face on Millionaire

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Vanya
The support is non-zero

Re: Familiar face on Millionaire

Post by Vanya »

arjavrawal wrote: Didn't she run for president at some point? '76 I think.
It was 1972, and I voted for her.
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

Topping for my shows Tuesday and Wednesday.
periwinkle
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by periwinkle »

Setting the DVR!
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

ElendilPickle wrote:Topping for my shows Tuesday and Wednesday.
I've seen the Tuesday show. Justin's use or non-use of lifelines leads to Tuesday afternoon quarterbacking.

When I saw the question you previewed I pegged it for $7000 or $10000, so it was fun to see the actual value today. Looking forward to tomorrow's episode. No matter what happens you will have surpassed the $1000 from last season.

You know classic 1982 movies and presidents, so good start.
LeFlaneur
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by LeFlaneur »

Vanya wrote:
arjavrawal wrote: Didn't she run for president at some point? '76 I think.
It was 1972, and I voted for her.
So did I. Seriously.
Le Flaneur
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

MarkBarrett wrote:
I've seen the Tuesday show. Justin's use or non-use of lifelines leads to Tuesday afternoon quarterbacking.

When I saw the question you previewed I pegged it for $7000 or $10000, so it was fun to see the actual value today. Looking forward to tomorrow's episode. No matter what happens you will have surpassed the $1000 from last season.

I knew how much money Justin left with, but not how far he'd gotten. IMO that was a good place to use his 50/50, but I was surprised at the correct answer.

It was a lot more fun watching my show today than it was last year. :)
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Alycia Kennedy began a run on Millionaire today completing the big 3: http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=6277

I will try to remember to update her winnings total tomorrow.
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

MarkBarrett wrote:Alycia Kennedy began a run on Millionaire today completing the big 3: http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=6277

I thought they were reruns this week? At least they were through yesterday.
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Vermonter wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote:Alycia Kennedy began a run on Millionaire today completing the big 3: http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=6277

My market changed to single run this season, so it was new for me and I did not realize it had already run in double play markets. I can change the Archive page to original date if someone has it.

Thank you for the catch.
MollyQMurphy
Silver Medalist

Post by MollyQMurphy »

ElendilPickle wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote:

I knew how much money Justin left with, but not how far he'd gotten. IMO that was a good place to use his 50/50, but I was surprised at the correct answer.

It was a lot more fun watching my show today than it was last year. :)
So, this happened in November. And then the discussion skips to January with no info on how it all turned out! I hope you did well, EP, or at least enjoyed being back in the spotlight.
Pending...
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

I really wanted to go for the $50K question, but wasn't certain enough of the answer, so I walked with $30,000.
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

MarkBarrett wrote:
Vermonter wrote:

My market changed to single run this season, so it was new for me and I did not realize it had already run in double play markets. I can change the Archive page to original date if someone has it.

Thank you for the catch.
Gotcha. Didn't realize there was a distinction between single and double play – just thought someone in the NYC market had screwed up the tape dates.
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

triviawayne wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:
kprather895 wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote:I saw on FB that a College Champion will be taping an appearance. She "only" won $110K (not counting alternate money), so Rex's $125K on both shows can't be matched in this case.
However Leszek Pawlowicz will be playing, and he's won over $200,000 on Jeopardy. He'll be the one for Rex to watch.
Oh, no; I can't bear to watch.

Rex
I wouldn't worry too much. From what I can tell, we will see one $500k question this year, but no million dollar question. I don't know if the person walked with $250k or dropped to $50,000.

With the new format, I expect to see about fifteen $250k questions.
Recalling the post from page 9 on AUGUST 24, 2015!

Congratulations on the most most ridiculous, blatant and unwelcome spoiler in the history of this board. Don't think for a second it was forgotten. Pretty please with sugar on top please keep any such information to yourself for the upcoming season. While the whole upcoming season will tape from the middle of July - the first of September the games themselves will of course air spread out through about the first couple of days of June 2017.

Like other viewers and fans of the show I would prefer to see things as they unfold and not know a season's worth of top results in one fell swoop with no warning to avoid it. Thanks in advance.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

MarkBarrett wrote:
triviawayne wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:
kprather895 wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote:I saw on FB that a College Champion will be taping an appearance. She "only" won $110K (not counting alternate money), so Rex's $125K on both shows can't be matched in this case.
However Leszek Pawlowicz will be playing, and he's won over $200,000 on Jeopardy. He'll be the one for Rex to watch.
Oh, no; I can't bear to watch.

Rex
I wouldn't worry too much. From what I can tell, we will see one $500k question this year, but no million dollar question. I don't know if the person walked with $250k or dropped to $50,000.

With the new format, I expect to see about fifteen $250k questions.
Recalling the post from page 9 on AUGUST 24, 2015!

Congratulations on the most most ridiculous, blatant and unwelcome spoiler in the history of this board. Don't think for a second it was forgotten. Pretty please with sugar on top please keep any such information to yourself for the upcoming season. While the whole upcoming season will tape from the middle of July - the first of September the games themselves will of course air spread out through about the first couple of days of June 2017.

Like other viewers and fans of the show I would prefer to see things as they unfold and not know a season's worth of top results in one fell swoop with no warning to avoid it. Thanks in advance.
This was a prediction based on the shows own self promotion, nothing from inside information as I have no way of getting that. I can't help Millionaire spoils their own show.

This being a thread specific to Millionaire, at the time I really didn't think this was big news to any fans of the show.

That said, since it obviously got some people's feathers ruffled, I wasn't going to mention anything if the show did it again, and I apologize to those for it.

Although next time you are unhappy with a post, you could try PM. if that had happened way back in August, I would've looked in to maybe trying to delete or use the spoiler tag in edit.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

Of course they move to Vegas and then they decide to call...

My wife and I have both been unsuccessful in starting businesses this past year and it has put us under massive debt. The cards are maxed out and I don't have the money to make the trip. Below is my gofundme link.

I am also taking applications for a plus one. I have a few people in mind, but in case they can't make it, I need backups.

https://www.gofundme.com/2ftntks

Taping August 11th--day before TCONA!!!!!
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

triviawayne wrote:Of course they move to Vegas and then they decide to call...

My wife and I have both been unsuccessful in starting businesses this past year and it has put us under massive debt. The cards are maxed out and I don't have the money to make the trip. Below is my gofundme link.

I am also taking applications for a plus one. I have a few people in mind, but in case they can't make it, I need backups.

Wow, they don't give much notice, do they? (I like J!'s roughly six week lead between Call and tape.)

Congrats! Hope your GoFundMe comes through and the dogs have lots of help too!
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
Carpe Diem
Boardeh

Post by Carpe Diem »

triviawayne wrote:Taping August 11th--day before TCONA!!!!!
Non-retro good luck!

(Speaking of Millionaire: tickets)
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Congrats. Hope you win enough to at least clear your debts. Good luck!!!!
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

Cross-posted from the TCONA thread:

Nice! Congrats, Wayne. I know this has been a long time coming for you, and I hope you cash in big-time.

I assume by "the day before," you mean August 11. I already have tickets to be at the early (11:45 am) taping that day. I know there will be many people more qualified than I in Vegas that weekend, but I'm available if you need a +1.
Sprinkles are for winners.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

BigDaddyMatty wrote:

Cross-posted from the TCONA thread:

Nice! Congrats, Wayne. I know this has been a long time coming for you, and I hope you cash in big-time.

I assume by "the day before," you mean August 11. I already have tickets to be at the early (11:45 am) taping that day. I know there will be many people more qualified than I in Vegas that weekend, but I'm available if you need a +1.
If things don't go well, a warm body may be all that's needed to qualify :p

I'm putting together a list, PM me with some contact info. Would you be cool with it if it's a last minute thing in case that happens?

From what I can tell, you'd be a good one for the list