Familiar face on Millionaire

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Re: Familiar face on Millionaire

Post by ElendilPickle »

Congratulations, Wayne!

I might be available if you still need a plus 1; I'd just have to leave a day earlier than I'm currently planning to do. Let me know.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Not asking to be a plus one, but a general question. I assume the player is responsible for transportation and lodging for the plus one? And isn't there a minimum guarantee, even if you miss the first question?
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Bamaman wrote:Not asking to be a plus one, but a general question. I assume the player is responsible for transportation and lodging for the plus one? And isn't there a minimum guarantee, even if you miss the first question?
I am responsible for my expenses, which is why I have the gofundme campaign going.

While I am not technically responsible for the expenses of my +1, I would of course pay for the trip of someone who wasn't already going to Vegas for TCONA.

As it is, I wouldn't feel right having a +1 without at the minimum buying that person a nice dinner.

If someone is already going to TCONA and has to change their travel plans last minute because of this, yeah I should pay the difference of an extra hotel night or whatever comes up because of it. Depending on how the fundraiser goes, I might not be able to get that person the money until after Millionaire pays me though.

The minimum is $1000; but I am confident I have a 90% chance of hitting $50,000 (40% chance without using a lifeline). But that money doesn't come until 30 days after the airdate of the show, so I could have this debt for 9 months before I can pay it.

I have just got a new credit card to use to dive further into the debt drowning pool for this trip. If I were to tell people I'm worthless, it wouldn't be out of self-pity, it would be a mathematical reality. While my life isn't horrible or anything like that, I've had just enough of an equal balance of good luck and bad luck throughout my life to be where I am now.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I guess they have their reasons for moving to Vegas, but it seems kind of odd. Not everyone has a personal friend or spouse that can drop everything and fly out to help you on a game show. So asking on social media or trivia sites like here or LL is all you can do.

With TCONA going on, you should find someone there to help you out. But what about the rest of the time? In New York or LA, you have millions of people to choose from if you are reduced to seeking out a total stranger. While Las Vegas is a good sized city, it isn't that big. Plus the pool is a lot deeper in NY, the city isn't mostly made up of people in the gambling or entertainment industry. I'd think finding someone there will be a lot harder than it was before.

Do they keep a group of plus ones on hand for emergencies if you can't find someone or they have to cancel at the last minute?
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

Bamaman wrote:I guess they have their reasons for moving to Vegas, but it seems kind of odd. Not everyone has a personal friend or spouse that can drop everything and fly out to help you on a game show. So asking on social media or trivia sites like here or LL is all you can do.

With TCONA going on, you should find someone there to help you out. But what about the rest of the time? In New York or LA, you have millions of people to choose from if you are reduced to seeking out a total stranger. While Las Vegas is a good sized city, it isn't that big. Plus the pool is a lot deeper in NY, the city isn't mostly made up of people in the gambling or entertainment industry. I'd think finding someone there will be a lot harder than it was before.

Do they keep a group of plus ones on hand for emergencies if you can't find someone or they have to cancel at the last minute?
Yeah, being in the New York area was better for ATA and plus one, but people from the west coast had to deal with what I'm dealing with now.

I'm very lucky it's at the edge of TCONA, and will have a plus one I never met until that day or the night before.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

This Thursday begins my game!

Can't wait to see it, I hope I did well.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

triviawayne wrote:This Thursday begins my game!

Retro good luck!!!! Hope you don't have to increase the total in your signature.
ihavejeoprosy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

Bamaman wrote:
triviawayne wrote:This Thursday begins my game!

Retro good luck!!!! Hope you don't have to increase the total in your signature.
Noooo. Thats the amount he's lost. We should hope it decreases.
Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K
Jeff-thecdboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

PRouf wrote: Thu May 21, 2015 10:29 am
legendneverdies wrote:Jared Oswald has 16 minutes of your Now You See It episode uploaded at his Youtube page. It cuts off right after the bonus round ends.
So that makes 3 folks (assuming that the person that Jeff-thecdboy PM'd me about is neither Jared nor Ferria76) who have portions of the show. Too bad I misplaced my tape, they'd probably appreciate having it.
Looks like there's now a complete copy on YouTube, thanks to this guy: