Secret Bunker News

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Secret Bunker News

Post by opusthepenguin »

Those of you who missed last Wednesday (Oct 5) or Thursday (Oct 6) can find those games at the super secret bunker:

https://vimeo.com/thesupersecretbunker

Games for this week will be uploaded to the secret bunker (NOT the super secret bunker). I've already had a request for today's (Monday's) game, so I'll upload that. And I'm planning on Thursday's game as well. What other days should I plan on? Between football and politics, I'm losing track of what's getting borked up in people's schedules.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by MarkBarrett »

The next debate is Wednesday, Oct. 19th. J! will air in my market at 10 p.m. If you have time before your next trip I would love to watch J! in the early evening instead of closer to bedtime. Thanks.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

opusthepenguin wrote:Those of you who missed last Wednesday (Oct 5) or Thursday (Oct 6) can find those games at the super secret bunker:

Games for this week will be uploaded to the secret bunker (NOT the super secret bunker). I've already had a request for today's (Monday's) game, so I'll upload that. And I'm planning on Thursday's game as well. What other days should I plan on? Between football and politics, I'm losing track of what's getting borked up in people's schedules.
Would Patton tell people about the secret bunker? Would MacArthur? They're spinning in their graves about this disclosure!
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

alietr wrote:
opusthepenguin wrote:Those of you who missed last Wednesday (Oct 5) or Thursday (Oct 6) can find those games at the super secret bunker:

Would Patton tell people about the secret bunker? Would MacArthur? They're spinning in their graves about this disclosure!
Yeah, but I didn't post a link to the secret bunker. So no one can possibly find it.
harrumph
Voyeur

Post by harrumph »

We need a double secret probation secret bunker as a backup.
Rackme32
Three-time Failer Of The Online Jeopardy! Test

Post by Rackme32 »

And this should involve the use of the "Cone Of Silence".

Sincerely,
Maxwell Smart
Agent 86, CONTROL
clprez

Post by clprez »

Opus, thanks so much for doing this. I would have missed so many games due to football preemptions.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

clprez wrote:Opus, thanks so much for doing this. I would have missed so many games due to football preemptions.
Glad I can help.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Well, the cat's out of the bag. Someone posted a link to the secret bunker on reddit. I've decided to password protect all the videos. So they're no longer visible unless you have a direct link and a password. I've politely asked the reddit poster to delete the links, but you know how those things go.

I'm not sure what my next move is. Maybe it doesn't matter that the link's out there? All I know is I had one of my other bunkers banned after someone posted links to it online. But that may have been a coincidence. It might have been banned because I labeled the games as "Jeopardy!" instead of as "J!" and that attracted the sniffer-bots. I don't know. Any thoughts? Sigh.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

opusthepenguin wrote:Well, the cat's out of the bag. Someone posted a link to the secret bunker on reddit. I've decided to password protect all the videos. So they're no longer visible unless you have a direct link and a password. I've politely asked the reddit poster to delete the links, but you know how those things go.

I'm not sure what my next move is. Maybe it doesn't matter that the link's out there? All I know is I had one of my other bunkers banned after someone posted links to it online. But that may have been a coincidence. It might have been banned because I labeled the games as "Jeopardy!" instead of as "J!" and that attracted the sniffer-bots. I don't know. Any thoughts? Sigh.
That's weird, because someone else is posting links to every game in his personal Google Drive acct. Why even mention your uploads? Did that other guy get taken down?

Oh, it was that guy who posted the link. I see.
Last edited by MinnesotaMyron on Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harrumph
Voyeur

Post by harrumph »

The first rule of the secret bunker is that you do not talk about the secret bunker on reddit!
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

I'm leaving town tomorrow. Things are too hot for me here. I'll probably hole up in Hong Kong while I figure out which countries will take me.

Ok, but the first sentence is true. I'll be in SoCal for a week, just north of San Diego. So you guys are on your own for Thursday's game. I'll upload today's before I leave. Here's how to access it:

https://vimeo.com/thesecretbunker/albums

From there, click on the J! Games album (the only album available) and enter your password. Your password is the name of this group with the first two letters capitalized. No dot TV on the end, just the name of the group.

Somebody try it out and report back. Make sure you can access the album and at least one video within it. (It worked for me even after I logged out of Vimeo, but I just want to be sure.)
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

opusthepenguin wrote:I'm leaving town tomorrow. Things are too hot for me here. I'll probably hole up in Hong Kong while I figure out which countries will take me.

Ok, but the first sentence is true. I'll be in SoCal for a week, just north of San Diego. So you guys are on your own for Thursday's game. I'll upload today's before I leave. Here's how to access it:

https://vimeo.com/thesecretbunker/albums

From there, click on the J! Games album (the only album available) and enter your password. Your password is the name of this group with the first two letters capitalized. No dot TV on the end, just the name of the group.

Somebody try it out and report back. Make sure you can access the album and at least one video within it. (It worked for me even after I logged out of Vimeo, but I just want to be sure.)
Checked. It works as advertised. Thanks again for the service, Opus.
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

(For the record to anyone coming into the thread late: The password above does not work. Because Reddit.)
Last edited by AndyTheQuizzer on Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

OntarioQuizzer wrote:You're just going to be playing whack-a-mole with Reddit here. Just take it down.
If it has to disappear after tonight then please resurrect it on election night as I would expect an out-an-out preemption that night.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

OntarioQuizzer wrote:You're just going to be playing whack-a-mole with Reddit here. Just take it down.
That's probably true, but I'm going to let it play out a little more before conceding. The original poster graciously agreed to redact the link, so that's a small win. But as you saw, the password has already been posted to Reddit. I've politely asked that poster to delete it. (I'm not sure why I bothered since I've already changed the password. Call it a social experiment.)

Meanwhile, if anyone needs tonight's game, PM me and I'll hook you up.
doihavetoreally

Post by doihavetoreally »

This is not good news. Outraged.
Good enough to lose on Jeopardy!
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

doihavetoreally wrote:This is not good news. Outraged.
I'm outchanged.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

So far this experience has been quite heartening. (I had to check to make sure that's even a word. One so rarely gets to use it without the dis- prefix.) The original poster took down the links promptly and apologized for any trouble. I assured the poster that there were no worries on my end. The site wasn't hidden after all, just unpublicized. He or she stumbled on it and knew of no reason not to share the information.

I checked just now and the poster who shared the password has also kindly acceded to my request and removed it. (Or maybe a mod did. I'm not sure how the group works.)

Reddit's a big place and each subreddit has its own culture. Judging by my experience, the Jeopardy! subreddit culture is pretty congenial.

When I get back from California, I may de-password the secret bunker and go back to relying on the discretion of goodhearted fans. Or I may leave the password in place but let you people know what it is. I don't want to change things right before I leave. See you all in a week.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

opusthepenguin wrote:... heartening. ... One so rarely gets to use it without the dis- prefix.
Yes. Like combobulated, gruntled, embowled, etc.

Have an awesome trip Opus!

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.