Sploofus thread

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Sploofus thread

Post by Woof »

[NB: I got tired of looking for where Sploofus has been discussed, so started this thread. Mods, feel free to move my post if there's somewhere more appropriate]

Congrats to Reddpen, jkbrat, bomtr and Mark Barrett for making this month's TQOTD top 10 and honorable mention to Cheezguyty, PowerofHoodoo and Leander for their high finishes. For my part, I feel not too bad about a top 50 finish despite being dropped by the server twice this month :(
boson
Trivial

Re: Sploofus thread

Post by boson »

Second page is ok too - congrats to BigDaddyMatty, skullturf, Xxaaaxx, theconfessor, and others I may have missed.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I'm at the bottom of page 3 in 148th place right now.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

I was bummed about my three hundred something place until I realized I was only about two questions worth of points from top 50.

Of course I got today's wrong so I don't know how far off the front page I am now.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

I just squeaked into 50th place after answering the last two questions....

and Elendilpickle is just ahead of me in 49th.
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

RandyG wrote:I just squeaked into 50th place after answering the last two questions....

and Elendilpickle is just ahead of me in 49th.
Thanks, Randy! Now I don't have to check. :-)
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

I missed four or five in December to negate the good hits I had above 1500 and 1600 points.
xxaaaxx

Post by xxaaaxx »

MarkBarrett wrote:I missed four or five in December to negate the good hits I had above 1500 and 1600 points.
I think the best I've ever gotten was ~1450. I guess I'm just too slow.

Congrats to all. Good month for boardies. I logged in around Christmas and found an 11 question backlog waiting for me...it helps to actually remember to do it every day :oops:
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

My computer has been down all month and I find it doesn't work well on a smartphone so I've had to miss Sploofus this month. :( (Hirts more when I'm still getting the daily reminders for it)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

After top-10 finishes the past two months, I didn't even make it into the top 300 this time.
bevnar

Post by bevnar »

econgator wrote:After top-10 finishes the past two months, I didn't even make it into the top 300 this time.
Came 18th for December. First time in tip 50!
PowerofHoodoo

Post by PowerofHoodoo »

I don't know how long it will last/how long they continue to update, but I managed to sneak into 9th place. I usually have trouble even staying on the first page by month''s end.

I had fewer obscure questions this month instead of having to know what event Ewan McGregor was involved in at some Scottish games or some other vital piece of information.
Woof

Post by Woof »

OK, what is the maximum score on TQOTD? Cheezguyty's 1879 is higher than I thought was possible (my 6.6 sec response only got 1304). And how fast was that response to score so high?
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Woof wrote:OK, what is the maximum score on TQOTD? Cheezguyty's 1879 is higher than I thought was possible (my 6.6 sec response only got 1304). And how fast was that response to score so high?
Maybe he's using wager tokens?
cheezguyty

Post by cheezguyty »

Woof wrote:OK, what is the maximum score on TQOTD? Cheezguyty's 1879 is higher than I thought was possible (my 6.6 sec response only got 1304). And how fast was that response to score so high?
You get 1,000 points for a correct answer plus a time bonus of (2,000 / # of seconds) points. The last post in this Sploofus forum thread claims that there is a 1,000 point limit on the time bonus. If that is true, then the maximum score is 2,000 points. I do not use wager tokens so I am not sure how they work but I don't believe they affect the TQotD leaderboard (hence the term "Eligible Points").
gobobbygo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by gobobbygo »

Woof wrote:[NB: I got tired of looking for where Sploofus has been discussed, so started this thread. Mods, feel free to move my post if there's somewhere more appropriate]

Congrats to Reddpen, jkbrat, bomtr and Mark Barrett for making this month's TQOTD top 10 and honorable mention to Cheezguyty, PowerofHoodoo and Leander for their high finishes. For my part, I feel not too bad about a top 50 finish despite being dropped by the server twice this month :(
Ahem
Woof

Post by Woof »

gobobbygo wrote:
Woof wrote:[NB: I got tired of looking for where Sploofus has been discussed, so started this thread. Mods, feel free to move my post if there's somewhere more appropriate]

Ahem
Sorry, Bobby! It's been awhile since I've seen a post from you or I would've included you. No offense intended.
gobobbygo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by gobobbygo »

Woof wrote:
gobobbygo wrote:

Ahem
Sorry, Bobby! It's been awhile since I've seen a post from you or I would've included you. No offense intended.
No problem. I don't post much (though I do the fj survey each week).
gobobbygo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by gobobbygo »

Also, I got the QOD wrong the first two days of the year. Currently ranked in the 700's. Woot.
Anachronism

Post by Anachronism »

Thought I might have hung on to the top 100 going into Dec. 31, then I got the dreaded "music and musicians" category. I've thought about contributing, just so I can get rid of those music questions (which are all in the form of "which one of these five long-since-deceased people you may have heard about recorded this song you've never heard of").

Can't think of how you could get 1,800 on a question. My best is probably around 1,600, and that's only if I not only know it instantly, but get that first click in that tiny box without missing. Though if I were serious about this, I'd probably go to a large font before reading the question to ensure not missing the box. But if you're averaging 1,300 a day, you're going to be in the top five, right? Perhaps it was a glitch of some sort or that player decided to hit the first answer immediately no matter what just to see how many points were possible. Might be a fun thing to do on day one.